Bruins trading Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

Re: Bruins trading Seguin?

Let's trade the leading playoff scorer from this year and 2011, how can you rationalize that? Kels seriously I once called out Krejci but I learned my lesson. He and Looch are the bell weathers on this team.

I love David Krejci, but I would explore seeing what kind of winger or wingers he would bring in return as I believe Seguin has the higher upside. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

It would be a huge mistake to trade Seguin ..on any other team he will play on the 1st line and could easily get 80 pts next season.....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

It would be a huge mistake to trade Seguin ..on any other team he will play on the 1st line and could easily get 80 pts next season.....

It's possible. Safe to say 80 points is out of reach for him or anyone on the B's in Julien's system. I think many people tend to forget about that at times....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

Marc Savard would beg to differ but I get your point its very rare

Hah, almost forgot about him....but I think the team is much more defensively conscious as a unit than they perhaps were pre-2010.

Could a healthy Savard put up 80-90 points with the 2013-14 Bruins? I am not so sure.....too bad we will never know.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to soups-7's comment:

Let's trade the leading playoff scorer from this year and 2011, how can you rationalize that? Kels seriously I once called out Krejci but I learned my lesson. He and Looch are the bell weathers on this team.

I love David Krejci, but I would explore seeing what kind of winger or wingers he would bring in return as I believe Seguin has the higher upside.

Put David Krejci on a line with Paille and Kelly, have him play wing and tell me how many points he has. I think Seguins upside is better than Krejci at his best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

But Claude took  Seguin off the line with Bergeron and Marchand  one great player the other a good player. I agree with you Kel I would not trade Seguin to early to give up on him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment

But but but but but...Bob said it.  His word is the gospel of rumors.  If he said it, it's true.  100%.  Never needs to be checked.  If Bob is in on it, it's probably going to happen.  Bob rules the world.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely !!! 

But to say he's 100% correct is false. He is not God.

God resides on BDC as a member.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Yes, the paragon of all things hockey....the "Bob Woodward" of the NHL.

Does he even have a journalism degree?  :)

[/QUOTE]

As someone who ran The Hockey News................... there's a possibility that he does. 

Oh and btw...........don't see anyone out there that backs up your claim of Seguin not being shopped. Maybe Bob Woodward can chime in on this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd trade this guy in a second, there's got to be other people we can find that are fast, stick handle well, passs the puck well, but can't play in the corners or score a goal. I'm sorry but when your 5 million dollar winger can't score or play physical there is a problem. His style of play is just dandy for the regualr season when there is some more open ice and guys aren't playing like their life depends on it, we all know that will never be the case in the NHL playoffs. You can say all day long that the kid's body just needs to mature, but this kid already works out pretty damn hard...he's not weak or small....he just doesn't have it in him...that's not going to change.

I've seen enough to know that he is not going to be a special player. At least Kessel had a shot where you said...wow, that thing explodes off his stick and he doesn't have to wind up to do it...and the thing went in the net. This kid? Nope. I mean they both are soft players, but one of them was a threat when he was within 20 feet of the net.

I honestly think if we had Michael Ryder and some decent play maker (over Seguin) we would of won that cup.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'd trade this guy in a second, there's got to be other people we can find that are fast, stick handle well, passs the puck well, but can't play in the corners or score a goal. I'm sorry but when your 5 million dollar winger can't score or play physical there is a problem. His style of play is just dandy for the regualr season when there is some more open ice and guys aren't playing like their life depends on it, we all know that will never be the case in the NHL playoffs. You can say all day long that the kid's body just needs to mature, but this kid already works out pretty damn hard...he's not weak or small....he just doesn't have it in him...that's not going to change.

I've seen enough to know that he is not going to be a special player. At least Kessel had a shot where you said...wow, that thing explodes off his stick and he doesn't have to wind up to do it...and the thing went in the net. This kid? Nope. I mean they both are soft players, but one of them was a threat when he was within 20 feet of the net.

I honestly think if we had Michael Ryder and some decent play maker (over Seguin) we would of won that cup.

Wow !!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The physical play knock on Seguin is a bit of an unfair expectation.  He is not and never will be Lucic.  Not that hits is the most accurate measure, but Seguin was credited 34 hits in 22 playoff games.  That's 3 more than Bergeron and 10 more than Marchand.  Also, 31 more than Conn Smythe winner Patrick Kane.

If the point is that that he needs to engage in and win more puck-battles and go to the dirty areas with more regularity, then I agree.  Thought I saw more of that from him as the playoffs progressed, which is encouraging.  The production was low, but he was skating with plodders, so what is the real cause and effect there?

Think the kid needs to make a greater impact on the PP.  This is where he skill-set should shine.  Not sure if it him or the design, but it just isn't happening.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Good grief.  Back to the Pats board for you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Think the kid needs to make a greater impact on the PP.  This is where he skill-set should shine.  Not sure if it him or the design, but it just isn't happening.  

My biggest gripe with Seguin, same with Lucic. Way too much talent for both not have more points on the PP. Not a reason to trade someone but certainly room for improvement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:[QUOTE]Think the kid needs to make a greater impact on the PP.  This is where he skill-set should shine.  Not sure if it him or the design, but it just isn't happening.  

My biggest gripe with Seguin, same with Lucic. Way too much talent for both not have more points on the PP. Not a reason to trade someone but certainly room for improvement.

[/QUOTE]

Like to see less Chara on the PP next year.  CJ should have better options with Krug and Hamilton. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Think the kid needs to make a greater impact on the PP.  This is where he skill-set should shine.  Not sure if it him or the design, but it just isn't happening.  

[/QUOTE]

Like to see less Chara on the PP next year.  CJ should have better options with Krug and Hamilton. 

[/QUOTE]

Ive been saying chara should be limited on the pp for yrs.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Bruinsfanforever's comment:

With Horton leaving, why not look into acquiring Bobby Ryan from Anaheim?

because with the B'S payroll at the moment they don't even have enough $$$$ to pay Tuukka....

thus the Seguin rumours....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

[QUOTE]

because with the B'S payroll at the moment they don't even have enough $$$$ to pay Tuukka....

[/QUOTE]

If they give rasky 7 million they are bananas.  Hes a rfa.  If some team offers an offer sheet for that amount take the picks and go snag another goalie.  How many teams out there can offer him 7 sheets?   Very few #1 goale spots available.  I cringe at the thought of giving a goalie a huge contract.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If they give rasky 7 million they are bananas.  Hes a rfa.  If some team offers an offer sheet for that amount take the picks and go snag another goalie.  How many teams out there can offer him 7 sheets?   Very few #1 goale spots available.  I cringe at the thought of giving a goalie a huge contract.  

[/QUOTE]

Your absolutely correct Shupe, I cannot see a team offer that kind of dough to Rask. 7 mill means you forfeit 4 first rounders. I'm guessing PC will be in the 5-6 mill neighbourhood.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I like Seguin but his hockey IQ seems to be lacking.  He thinks speed is the only thing that he needs to get things done and thats just not true.  He's not creative like a Krejci, Bergeron or Marchand.  

Also , how many times has he gone 1 on 1 against a defender and get stopped?  Always.  How many times does he try to make impssoible passes through 2 defenders on a PP.  To many times.  How many times does he shy away from a hit.  Often.  

Having said all this I think he can be an elite player but it's a 50-50 situation.  If he stays I will still  be optimistic.  I hope my leaf fan buddies don't read this :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

I think a lot of people forgot about the size of Seguin's contract which kicks in next year. Can't see too many clubs want to take that on considering how his play as yet to come close to matching what you would expect for the $34.5 million he's going to get over the next 6 years.

Course I could be wrong but I'd say he's a keeper for the time being.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Oh and btw...........don't see anyone out there that backs up your claim of Seguin not being shopped. Maybe Bob Woodward can chime in on this.

McKenzie is the original source and, as Nite pointed out, does not mention that PC is "shopping" Seguin at all. Some GM's inquired about Tyler and PC told them he could be had for a "kings ransom."

The whole "PC is shopping Seguin" is baseless drivel.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

McKenzie is the original source and, as Nite pointed out, does not mention that PC is "shopping" Seguin at all. Some GM's inquired about Tyler and PC told them he could be had for a "kings ransom."

The whole "PC is shopping Seguin" is baseless drivel.....

[/QUOTE]

JM, I talked to my buddy who scouts for Dallas and he told me he agrees with your take. PC is listening to offers for Seguin but isn't actively trying to move him. Being willing to make a deal and trying to are 2 different things. He personally thinks Seguin is worth a fortune so he's not shocked to find out that PC is at least listening to offers. For what it's worth, he's skeptical that Seguin actually gets moved.