Bruins trading Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bruins trading Seguin?

I think it is still to early to give up on Seguin.  And I think this last season is a very bad one to judge him by.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

NAS? Are you sitting down? Just heard on Satellite that PC offered Seguin & Peverly to Fla for their pick & Mathias! I'd take this deal if it means the B's get a shot at Drouin! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

[QUOTE]

This just in:

1:35pm et: Nathan Horton has informed Boston he's moving on and exploring UFA. His UFA rights are now available in trade. - Bob McKenzie

Call me not surprised.  Greed and concusion issues.  Briere i think is a nice fall backoption.  

[QUOTE]

yes to Briere....

[/QUOTE]

I liked Briere... a long time ago. Isn't his health and consistency almost as questionable as Horton's right now?

[/QUOTE]

Maybe.  But hes just as clutch in the playoffs, an unbelievable team mate and can still fly.  Oh. He likely would cost a million or so less on a short deal.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Just heard on Satellite that PC offered Seguin & Peverly to Fla for their pick & Mathias! I'd take this deal if it means the B's get a shot at Drouin!

All day!

"Back to the Patriots board with you, this place is for hockey fans."

That's rich Crowles!

PS. Can't blame Horton, stinks but he knows teams will lineup for his services.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This just in:

1:35pm et: Nathan Horton has informed Boston he's moving on and exploring UFA. His UFA rights are now available in trade. - Bob McKenzie

Call me not surprised.  Greed and concusion issues.  Briere i think is a nice fall backoption.  

[QUOTE]

yes to Briere....

[/QUOTE]

I liked Briere... a long time ago. Isn't his health and consistency almost as questionable as Horton's right now?

[/QUOTE]

i want Horton back but if he's priced himself out of the B'S pay scale, they need to find a viable option and Briere could be it....

plus Briere has been a very good player come playoff time....

of course the money has to be right too....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I think there's probably merit to the idea that he may be more valuable to another team than he is in Boston, and that as a result the return would be worthwhile.  Chiarelli et al will have to think long and hard on this one if he gets a good offer.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS? Are you sitting down? Just heard on Satellite that PC offered Seguin & Peverly to Fla for their pick & Mathias! I'd take this deal if it means the B's get a shot at Drouin! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

I do this deal in a heart beat.  Seguin kinda reminds me of russ courtnal.  Cap space is opened to bring another top 6 fwd in.  Drouin as a bruin would make me smile.  His hockey IQ off the charts.  

Add mathias to the 3rd line And my Briere signing.  

dk/lucic/briere bergie/drouin/marchand kelly/soder/mathias campy/paille/st. 

Team speed answered.  Cap hit answered. Better offensively.  

Love this if it happens.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

PC is paid to listen to every offer and do what's best for the team. If that means trading Seguin so be it long as it benefits the team. I hear a lot of people banging on Seguin but no know banging on Marchand. Marchand was a complete no show in the finals, he didn't record a single point.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

I do this deal in a heart beat.  Seguin kinda reminds me of russ courtnal.  Cap space is opened to bring another top 6 fwd in.  Drouin as a bruin would make me smile.  His hockey IQ off the charts.  

Love this if it happens.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they wouldn't take Jones with the pick. PC couldn't go wrong with either player but Jones seems like more of a sure thing. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Subtracting 9 million by getting rid of seguin and peverly.  Replacing with drouin and mathias(probably somewhere around 1.5m).  6m cap savings.  All day i do this. I think drouin is amazing and watched a lot of his games if not at tne rink it was on eastlink cable.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

No GM but Dale Tallon would go for this. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Love this if it happens.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they wouldn't take Jones with the pick. PC couldn't go wrong with either player but Jones seems like more of a sure thing. 

[/QUOTE]

Dez you could be right.  Im always fearful of adding def via draft.   my love for drouin is off the charts.  his ability to make something outta nothing is amazing.  If i could add one i take drouin.  I dont think jones has a mean streak.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:[/QUOTE] I do this deal in a heart beat.  Seguin kinda reminds me of russ courtnal.  Cap space is opened to bring another top 6 fwd in.  Drouin as a bruin would make me smile.  His hockey IQ off the charts.  

dk/lucic/briere bergie/drouin/marchand kelly/soder/mathias campy/paille/st

Love this if it happens.  [/QUOTE]

^This!

In love with Drouin as well, Briere would be an awesome add and yes speed would be at a premium without detracting toughness!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

PC is paid to listen to every offer and do what's best for the team. If that means trading Seguin so be it long as it benefits the team. I hear a lot of people banging on Seguin but no know banging on Marchand. Marchand was a complete no show in the finals, he didn't record a single point.  

Yes he was a disappointment too but he was still a big part of a successful PK and he makes considerably less than Seguin. He also performed well earlier and led the team in scoring for the regular season. I believe Seguin also is worth much more in a trade. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I hear a lot of people banging on Seguin but no know banging on Marchand. Marchand was a complete no show in the finals, he didn't record a single point. 

Marchand isn't going anywhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comm

Dez you could be right.  Im always fearful of adding def via draft.   my love for drouin is off the charts.  his ability to make something outta nothing is amazing.  If i could add one i take drouin.  I dont think jones has a mean streak.  

I just love the idea of a D that is so deep that Boychuk is on the 3rd pairing. PC would have to take a forward though if he deals Seguin. He can't leave the draft without Horton and Seguin unless he does something to address the loss.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I've been super protective of Seguin since the day he was drafted. 

No longer.

Regular season is fun, but playoff production is what matters.

No only was he kept off the scoresheet almost always, he also spent most of his TOI trying not to get hit.  He's not a Boston Bruin.  He's a puss.

Deal him and get a man.

As for Horton, thanks for everything.  Good luck.  You're too inconsistent and your health is too questionable to be a top line winger here.

Our you being sarcastic because I agree 100% about Seguin,not so much about Horton.Horton performs well in play offs .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Love this if it happens.  

I don't really follow junior hockey, but after watching some videos, he looks pretty legit. The way he puck handles, he kind of reminds me of Patrick Kane a little bit.

I'd hate to see Seguin go, though. No Bruin has more points in the last two years than him. Granted, he hasn't shown up much for the playoffs (I attribute his lack of scoring due to some tough luck....he had a lot of good opportunities out there, and turned his whole game around in the finals). He's 21. There are tons of players who aren't anything at 21 (Datsyuk). Marchand didn't even have a goal at 21.

That said, Florida is sort of a black hole for talent. Nobody seems to have any success there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes he was a disappointment too but he was still a big part of a successful PK and he makes considerably less than Seguin. He also performed well earlier and led the team in scoring for the regular season. I believe Seguin also is worth much more in a trade. 

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong dez I'm not in favor of trading Marchand just wanted to make a point that if Seguin is going to take heat so should he. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Love this if it happens.  

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I just love the idea of a D that is so deep that Boychuk is on the 3rd pairing. PC would have to take a forward though if he deals Seguin. He can't leave the draft without Horton and Seguin unless he does something to address the loss.

[/QUOTE]

Jones and hamilton for the next 10 plus yrs would be awesome.  and i can see this happening.  If this happens adding 2-3 fwds still very possible.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong dez I'm not in favor of trading Marchand just wanted to make a point that if Seguin is going to take heat so should he. 

[/QUOTE]

Marchand is a better play and was captain clutch in the finals in 2011.  Seguin has nev been clutch and is being paid like a star in the league.  5.75M.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to stan17's comment:[/QUOTE]Yes he was a disappointment too but he was still a big part of a successful PK and he makes considerably less than Seguin. He also performed well earlier and led the team in scoring for the regular season. I believe Seguin also is worth much more in a trade.  [/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong dez I'm not in favor of trading Marchand just wanted to make a point that if Seguin is going to take heat so should he. [/QUOTE]

That's fair

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Stan, I know what you were implying and was simply playing devil's advocate. I'd personally be bummed if either player was moved. That said, I have faith in PC doing what is right for the organization. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Marchand is a better play and was captain clutch in the finals in 2011.  Seguin has nev been clutch and is being paid like a star in the league.  5.75M.  

[/QUOTE]

I'll agree w/ everything you just wrote but 2011 is long gone sports are about now not 2 yrs ago. Also Brad is going make 4.5 mill this upcoming season, nothing to sneeze at. Again the point is as much heat as Seguin got Marchand deserves just as much I'm not asking for him to be traded though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

with Horton as good as gone, doesn't make sense moving Seguin too.

don't see any of the teams holding the top 3 pix moving them....

much ado about nothing....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

Sections
Shortcuts