Bruins trading Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bruins trading Seguin?

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The more I think about it the more I think the kid needs to be a center. It's the position he played when he was the Central Scouting number one ranked player.  Have him work on that this off-season. The trouble, with that is you already have two more polished centers. Three centers and not enough wingers to get the most out of them in a cap down year.

I love David Krejci, but I would explore seeing what kind of winger or wingers he would bring in return as I believe Seguin has the higher upside. it would have to be a multi-player deal but Jordan Eberle sure would look great on Seguins wing. Edmonton, sooner or later is going to have to deal some of that young talent. Krejci with a defenseman (Bartkowsi or Krug) to Edmonton for Eberle and another player would be a nice fit.

Kelv,  i think eberle is gonna be named their captain.  No way i see edmonton doing this deal.  They have gagner nuge as well. Well if gagner signs that is.  I dont see the oilers dealing anyone off that top line.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

The more I think about it the more I think the kid needs to be a center. It's the position he played when he was the Central Scouting number one ranked player.  Have him work on that this off-season. The trouble, with that is you already have two more polished centers. Three centers and not enough wingers to get the most out of them in a cap down year.

I love David Krejci, but I would explore seeing what kind of winger or wingers he would bring in return as I believe Seguin has the higher upside. it would have to be a multi-player deal but Jordan Eberle sure would look great on Seguins wing. Edmonton, sooner or later is going to have to deal some of that young talent. Krejci with a defenseman (Bartkowsi or Krug) to Edmonton for Eberle and another player would be a nice fit.

I agree about the kid needing to play center.  Dreger was saying that he played center in Swiss-A and had trouble re-adjusting to the wing when the season started. 

I tend to agree with your assessment; it's either Krejci or Seguin as the other top-2 C with Bergeron.  They need top-line RW.  One should probably go if the right deal comes along. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

ask CJ who he'd prefer play center, Krejci or Seguin....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

I move Seguin then if it came down to that. Would prefer NOT to trade Krejci. I just went to Dick's Sporting goods and got a Bergeron, Lucic, Seidenberg, Krejci, Tee shirts payed $90 for all of them don't want any of them traded lol

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

I move Seguin then if it came down to that. Would prefer NOT to trade Krejci. I just went to Dick's Sporting goods and got a Bergeron, Lucic, Seidenberg, Krejci, Tee shirts payed $90 for all of them don't want any of them traded lol

U need to find a china site and you could be getting jerseys for almost the same price you paid for those t shirts!

[/QUOTE]

I will keep that in mine b b cup lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Your post started with a dumb statement and finished off even dumber. Really classy stuff.

Just quoting what the man himself said.

Pucks to the face was refering to Stamkos and Shaw.  Both skill players that took pucks to the face and returned to the game.  Seguin wont even fight for pucks.  He needs to toughen up going forward if he wants to center a Bruins line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I keep hearing that the cap is expected to increase next summer by 7 to 10 Million.

That might be enough to go with Krejci, Bergeron, and Seguin at center, while providing them some decent wingers.

They may just need this last year, for him to be a RW.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

Your post started with a dumb statement and finished off even dumber. Really classy stuff.

Just quoting what the man himself said.

Pucks to the face was refering to Stamkos and Shaw.  Both skill players that took pucks to the face and returned to the game.  Seguin wont even fight for pucks.  He needs to toughen up going forward if he wants to center a Bruins line.

[/QUOTE]

It was a homophobic statement. Tyler was dumb for making it so.......I'm also well aware of who got hit with pucks but I couldn't care less what happens when you dream of Seguin getting struck in the face. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Could the bruins really get this drouin kid and get a top 6 forward? if so I think I might like to deal seguin after all :)

Seguin is not being shopped. A couple of GM's went fishing (Dallas and TB) for Tyler and the TO media tried to make a story of it. In Bud land they like nothing better than to brag about how "awesome" Kessel is and how badly they allegedly fleeced the Bruins.

A sad attempt by TSN and other media to generate website hits.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

Marchand is a better play and was captain clutch in the finals in 2011.  Seguin has nev been clutch and is being paid like a star in the league.  5.75M.  

Marchand is a better player right now.  He wasn't at 21.  He has always been a guy who likes the clutch, but he's also prone to being a liability and is no less streaky than Seguin.  As for "Seguin has never been clutch", dude had two points in his first NHL playoff game and then a four point game in his second, both in the Eastern Conference Finals.  The goal that clinched the series against the Leafs, who's occupying two guys in front so that Bergeron can bang home the winning goal?  Game 6 vs. Chicago, whose that on the forecheck making a sweet, highly skilled play to set up Kelly for the key first goal? 

Seguin didn't look like a guy who wanted to get hit in the regular season.  When he was moved to the third line, he changed.  He forechecked like a demon, took hits to make plays, and no one could believe, with the effort he put out, that he wasn't going to break out.  He's 21.  A lot of top prospects are just finishing their rookie seasons at 21.  He's only a year older than Hamilton.  Way too many people willing to give up on this guy.  I'll be very disappointed if he goes for anything less than a king's ransom.  If it's for a pick, I'll be seriously disappoited.  Drouin's a nice player - in junior in the QMJHL.  I can easily see his name replacing Seguin's in the same discussion in three years, with some new kid that everyone thinks is the next Crosby replacing him on e-harmony. 

Seguin's the real deal.  He needs a bit more seasoning.  You don't deal that and start the development process again because eventually, you miss with that high pick and are left holding your jock.

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree Book... Seguin is a keeper... This guy has 40 - 50 goals in him , if PC and Claude put him with better players....I will be disappointed if PC trades him... bad move..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Could the bruins really get this drouin kid and get a top 6 forward? if so I think I might like to deal seguin after all :)

Seguin is not being shopped. A couple of GM's went fishing (Dallas and TB) for Tyler and the TO media tried to make a story of it. In Bud land they like nothing better than to brag about how "awesome" Kessel is and how badly they allegedly fleeced the Bruins.

Totally agree, JM.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Lebrun also said he felt Seguin was in play around the time McKenzie and Dregger mentioned it on twitter. Is Pierre Lebrun in on "drive to website hits" as well ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Seguin & Hamilton for Ryan O'Reilly & the 1st pick (jones?)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Lebrun also said he felt Seguin was in play around the time McKenzie and Dregger mentioned it on twitter. Is Pierre Lebrun in on "drive to website hits" as well ?

From what I can make of this mess McKenzie appears to be the originator. Could well be the rest just piggybacked off him. Its not as if they are real journalists and check the voracity of info before posting, after all....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

But but but but but...Bob said it.  His word is the gospel of rumors.  If he said it, it's true.  100%.  Never needs to be checked.  If Bob is in on it, it's probably going to happen.  Bob rules the world.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

But but but but but...Bob said it.  His word is the gospel of rumors.  If he said it, it's true.  100%.  Never needs to be checked.  If Bob is in on it, it's probably going to happen.  Bob rules the world.

Yes, the paragon of all things hockey....the "Bob Woodward" of the NHL.

Does he even have a journalism degree?  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It's not just Bob saying it smart alec's! Btw- Show me something that Bob Mac has ever said that wasn't true? Never said Seguin was being dealt. He said there's talks that Seguin could come into play. That's a huge difference! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Never said Seguin was being dealt. He said there's talks that Seguin could come into play. That's a huge difference! 

I think you are right about this but the original story has been blown out of proportion by those that have followed since....

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes, the paragon of all things hockey....the "Bob Woodward" of the NHL.

Does he even have a journalism degree?  :)

Ah yah a degree makes all the difference. Kevin Paul Dupont has one LoL

Does McKenzie have a history of making things up or lying ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Ah yah a degree makes all the difference. Kevin Paul Dupont has one LoL

Does McKenzie have a history of making things up or lying ?

KPD has a degree? hahaha...I hope he is well compensated for his work to pay those student loans off.

I am sure Bob knew a few GM's inquired about Seguin and dutifully reported it as such but in the TO media market any mention of Seguin automatically kicks off the now tiresome Seguin/Kessel debate which floods almost every thread when either of the two are mentioned.

Here is a taste:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=426595

Bob is no idiot, and knows this will happen.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

By the way, anyone hear something about Neely stating Seguin will not be moved?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

With Horton leaving, why not look into acquiring Bobby Ryan from Anaheim?

Sections
Shortcuts