Bruins trading Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bruins trading Seguin?

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

JM, I talked to my buddy who scouts for Dallas and he told me he agrees with your take. PC is listening to offers for Seguin but isn't actively trying to move him. Being willing to make a deal and trying to are 2 different things. He personally thinks Seguin is worth a fortune so he's not shocked to find out that PC is at least listening to offers. For what it's worth, he's skeptical that Seguin actually gets moved.

Thanks Dez.

I think any team would be interested in Seguin and see his value. The only people I can see that think Tyler is overhyped are disgruntled Bruins fans, jealous Bud fans, and possibly CJ (hah).

Just watch, now that I have made my case he will probably get moved....lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

JM, I talked to my buddy who scouts for Dallas and he told me he agrees with your take. PC is listening to offers for Seguin but isn't actively trying to move him. Being willing to make a deal and trying to are 2 different things. He personally thinks Seguin is worth a fortune so he's not shocked to find out that PC is at least listening to offers. For what it's worth, he's skeptical that Seguin actually gets moved.

Thanks Dez.

I think any team would be interested in Seguin and see his value. The only people I can see that think Tyler is overhyped are disgruntled Bruins fans, jealous Bud fans, and possibly CJ (hah).

And every Toronto Maple Leafs fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Thanks Dez.

• He said it's clearly all about cash if Seguin moves because there's no way that any team wouldn't prefer a guy who's proven NHL ready over a pick that might or might not  pan out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'd trade this guy in a second, there's got to be other people we can find that are fast, stick handle well, passs the puck well, but can't play in the corners or score a goal. I'm sorry but when your 5 million dollar winger can't score or play physical there is a problem. His style of play is just dandy for the regualr season when there is some more open ice and guys aren't playing like their life depends on it, we all know that will never be the case in the NHL playoffs. You can say all day long that the kid's body just needs to mature, but this kid already works out pretty damn hard...he's not weak or small....he just doesn't have it in him...that's not going to change.

I've seen enough to know that he is not going to be a special player. At least Kessel had a shot where you said...wow, that thing explodes off his stick and he doesn't have to wind up to do it...and the thing went in the net. This kid? Nope. I mean they both are soft players, but one of them was a threat when he was within 20 feet of the net.

I honestly think if we had Michael Ryder and some decent play maker (over Seguin) we would of won that cup.

Good grief.  Back to the Pats board for you.

The ignore button works well too! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

From the man who would know about the whole Seguin trade.

* Chiarelli acknowledged being surprised by Horton’s decision. “Yeah. I was surprised,” Chiarelli said. “I respect someone’s decision to go to free agency. I think it was a real tough decision for him and his family. I can never say never. Maybe he’ll come back and want to revisit it. But the message I got is that he’s going to test free agency and wants a new beginning.”

* Chiarelli said there was a deluge of calls on Tyler Seguin’s availability yesterday. The inquiries halted once Horton’s decision was made.

* The Bruins are still pursuing a first-round pick. It is unlikely they will land one.

So I think that proves how good Seguin is & his upside. Glad he's sticking around! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[/QUOTE] McKenzie is the original source and, as Nite pointed out, does not mention that PC is "shopping" Seguin at all. Some GM's inquired about Tyler and PC told them he could be had for a "kings ransom."

The whole "PC is shopping Seguin" is baseless drivel.....[/QUOTE]

Either way there is allot of cooroboration that indeed Seguin was in play for the right offer and PC was listening. Also the bold type tells me you believed some of the reports.

How you define what PC was trying to do to get a top pick in this years draft is up to you Smile

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

From the man who would know about the whole Seguin trade.

* Chiarelli acknowledged being surprised by Horton’s decision. “Yeah. I was surprised,” Chiarelli said. “I respect someone’s decision to go to free agency. I think it was a real tough decision for him and his family. I can never say never. Maybe he’ll come back and want to revisit it. But the message I got is that he’s going to test free agency and wants a new beginning.”

* Chiarelli said there was a deluge of calls on Tyler Seguin’s availability yesterday. The inquiries halted once Horton’s decision was made.

* The Bruins are still pursuing a first-round pick. It is unlikely they will land one.

So I think that proves how good Seguin is & his upside. Glad he's sticking around! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

great, that's settled with Seguin, didn't make sense giving up on the kid just yet....

that said, PC still has to find the $$$$ to sign Tuukka....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

McKenzie is the original source and, as Nite pointed out, does not mention that PC is "shopping" Seguin at all. Some GM's inquired about Tyler and PC told them he could be had for a "kings ransom."

The whole "PC is shopping Seguin" is baseless drivel.....[/QUOTE]

Either way there is allot of cooroboration that indeed Seguin was in play for the right offer and PC was listening. Also the bold type tells me you believed some of the reports.

How you define what PC was trying to do to get a top pick in this years draft is up to you Smile

[/QUOTE]

San, I hate to admit it but I finally got the answer from Recchi regarding who was the best goalie he ever played with.  He said that it was TT and he also said that TT was a great guy and teammate. I forgot to ask him his favorite food for you though. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

In response to Bruinsfanforever's comment:

With Horton leaving, why not look into acquiring Bobby Ryan from Anaheim?

because with the B'S payroll at the moment they don't even have enough $$$$ to pay Tuukka....

thus the Seguin rumours....

If they give rasky 7 million they are bananas.  Hes a rfa.  If some team offers an offer sheet for that amount take the picks and go snag another goalie.  How many teams out there can offer him 7 sheets?   Very few #1 goale spots available.  I cringe at the thought of giving a goalie a huge contract.  

no Tuukka won't be getting 7 mil. per but expect close to six, which the B'S don't have room for as we speak....

after the playoffs he just had, Tuukka won't be accepting anything less than what the upper echelon of the league is getting, nor should he.... 

plus PC won't be hedging his bets because Tuukka's an rfa, he knows the time has come to pay the piper....

what worries me is if this drags past Friday and PC allows the possibilty of having to match someone else's offer....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Fair enough....I can agree to your logic.

At any rate, the kid appears to be staying put and that makes me happy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

San, I hate to admit it but I finally got the answer from Recchi regarding who was the best goalie he ever played with.  He said that it was TT and he also said that TT was a great guy and teammate. I forgot to ask him his favorite food for you though. [/QUOTE]

Dr. Recchi didn't know ?! huh...

I can answer the other question though- Pancakes that he discovered while in Vermont, also easy to make in a bunker. This was indeed tested during my days camping in New Hampshire and Maine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Fair enough....I can agree to your logic.

At any rate, the kid appears to be staying put and that makes me happy.

Same here, jm.  The mention of his name in discussions caught me by surprise as I saw him as not only a member of the cornerstones of the club but as someone who still has a skyrocketing career trajectory. 

I figured the Bruin roster would be fluid with the likes of of Ference, Jagr, Pandolfo and possibly Peverley not returning.  I didn't see the added fluidity of the possibility of Seguin suiting up for another team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

San, I hate to admit it but I finally got the answer from Recchi regarding who was the best goalie he ever played with.  He said that it was TT and he also said that TT was a great guy and teammate. I forgot to ask him his favorite food for you though.

Dr. Recchi didn't know ?! huh...

I can answer the other question though- Pancakes that he discovered while in Vermont, also easy to make in a bunker. This was indeed tested during my days camping in New Hampshire and Maine.

He might have known but I forgot to ask. I was too sour upon hearing what a great guy Thomas is. His walking away from the team would be easier to take if he was the dick I thought he was. I was wrong. He's not a dick at all going by those who know him. He just acted like one. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

• He said it's clearly all about cash if Seguin moves because there's no way that any team wouldn't prefer a guy who's proven NHL ready over a pick that might or might not  pan out. 

Isn't that pretty much what I said above?  Drouin looks great in the Q, but so did Daigle.  So did Angelo Esposito.  I think Drouin's going to be a top line NHL player, but you know why some people still think MacKinnon is a better prospect to fully pan out?  Straight line player.  Takes the puck to the net with authority.  Drouin, and I'm paraphrasing one of the reports, is a much more creative player but he's also a much more east-west, use the perimeter player.  As soon as you hear scouts use the phrase "perimeter player," doesn't your alarm bell go off just a touch?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

That's pretty high praise coming from a guy like Recchi.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I thought the same thing NJ. I'm not a big TT fan anymore but I have to give him his due. Recchi told me Thomas was the best he played with so who am I to argue? 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He might have known but I forgot to ask. I was too sour upon hearing what a great guy Thomas is. His walking away from the team would be easier to take if he was the dick I thought he was. I was wrong. He's not a dick at all going by those who know him. He just acted like one. [/QUOTE]

I knew 3 people that went to UVM at the same time at Thomas they all said he was down to earth and a good guy. As I am sure you are, I am over my initial anger at TT not finishing out his contract. In my rear view mirror.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Same here, jm.  The mention of his name in discussions caught me by surprise as I saw him as not only a member of the cornerstones of the club but as someone who still has a skyrocketing career trajectory. 

I figured the Bruin roster would be fluid with the likes of of Ference, Jagr, Pandolfo and possibly Peverley not returning.  I didn't see the added fluidity of the possibility of Seguin suiting up for another team. 

Yep...was not expecting it either and still think the story was blown out of proportion. I am sure almost every player has been asked about at some time or other so this is likely just a business as usual kind of thing. Besides, with no legitimate drama to report on somtimes these things happen....

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Isn't that pretty much what I said above?  Drouin looks great in the Q, but so did Daigle.  So did Angelo Esposito.  I think Drouin's going to be a top line NHL player, but you know why some people still think MacKinnon is a better prospect to fully pan out?  Straight line player.  Takes the puck to the net with authority.  Drouin, and I'm paraphrasing one of the reports, is a much more creative player but he's also a much more east-west, use the perimeter player.  As soon as you hear scouts use the phrase "perimeter player," doesn't your alarm bell go off just a touch?

Book, I asked him if he knew anything about the rumors of Seguin to Florida. He said he heard nothing about it and that he has trouble believing it because he feels there's no way the Panthers could turn down an offer like that. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I thought the same thing NJ. I'm not a big TT fan anymore but I have to give him his due. Recchi told me Thomas was the best he played with so who am I to argue? 

I'm not a Recchi fan, he's a total scumbag.

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I'm not a Recchi fan, he's a total scumb ag.

How come Kel? I don't know him well enough to argue with you but it seems you have some animosity towards him. What did he do? 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He might have known but I forgot to ask. I was too sour upon hearing what a great guy Thomas is. His walking away from the team would be easier to take if he was the dick I thought he was. I was wrong. He's not a dick at all going by those who know him. He just acted like one.

I knew 3 people that went to UVM at the same time at Thomas they all said he was down to earth and a good guy. As I am sure you are, I am over my initial anger at TT not finishing out his contract. In my rear view mirror.

[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Been like that for a while now.  I'm not downplaying his massive role on that championship team.  I see him as a former Bruin who contributed to the Cup win.  Like Ryder or Kaberle. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Flames leaning right toward keeping No 6 pick. Had spoken to Boston (Seguin)... for now thinking they'll keep pick. Could change of course

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's interesting.  I always admired his decision in an odd sort of way.  Not many people have the courage to walk away from around 5 mil.  Those that do, often are pretty good people.  Never agreed with the "contract is a contract" argument...out of context.  It's always understood that a contract lays out the term and pay, however, everyone whose protected by such, has the option of quitting, they just can't quit, then go work for the competition, or re-negotiate money.  The funny part about this one...is that the whole world assumes everyones too greedy to ever walk away from that golden goose.  Obviously TT wasn't, and I don't know why that makes him so bad.  

I'm surprised at the lack of venom toward Horton.  His motive seems even more clear.  Despite the team wanting him, appears he doesn't want to be a Bruin.., sooner play elsewhere.  From a fan perspective, that seems worse than what TT did. 

I say good riddance Nathan.  Obviously all of those extra games that go with being a cup contender, have seriously impacted his leisure time.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

/QUOTE]

That's interesting.  I always admired his decision in an odd sort of way.  Not many people have the courage to walk away from around 5 mil.  Those that do, often are pretty good people.  Never agreed with the "contract is a contract" argument...out of context.  It's always understood that a contract lays out the term and pay, however, everyone whose protected by such, has the option of quitting, they just can't quit, then go work for the competition, or re-negotiate money.  The funny part about this one...is that the whole world assumes everyones too greedy to ever walk away from that golden goose.  Obviously TT wasn't, and I don't know why that makes him so bad.  

I'm surprised at the lack of venom toward Horton.  His motive seems even more clear.  Despite the team wanting him, appears he doesn't want to be a Bruin.., sooner play elsewhere.  From a fan perspective, that seems worse than what TT did. 

I say good riddance Nathan.  Obviously all of those extra games that go with being a cup contender, have seriously impacted his leisure time.   

[/QUOTE]

Good points all, steve.  His agent insists “It’s not a financial issue, just a decision to move on.”  Makes one curious why he'd want to leave a perennially serious Cup contender in the hopes of greener pastures elsewhere.  Perhaps something undisclosed has prompted this choice.

• Sections
    Shortcuts