Bruins trading Seguin?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: Bruins trading Seguin?

In response to stevegm's comment:

/QUOTE]

San, I hate to admit it but I finally got the answer from Recchi regarding who was the best goalie he ever played with.  He said that it was TT and he also said that TT was a great guy and teammate. I forgot to ask him his favorite food for you though. 

That's interesting.  I always admired his decision in an odd sort of way.  Not many people have the courage to walk away from around 5 mil.  Those that do, often are pretty good people.  Never agreed with the "contract is a contract" argument...out of context.  It's always understood that a contract lays out the term and pay, however, everyone whose protected by such, has the option of quitting, they just can't quit, then go work for the competition, or re-negotiate money.  The funny part about this one...is that the whole world assumes everyones too greedy to ever walk away from that golden goose.  Obviously TT wasn't, and I don't know why that makes him so bad.  

I'm surprised at the lack of venom toward Horton.  His motive seems even more clear.  Despite the team wanting him, appears he doesn't want to be a Bruin.., sooner play elsewhere.  From a fan perspective, that seems worse than what TT did. 

I say good riddance Nathan.  Obviously all of those extra games that go with being a cup contender, have seriously impacted his leisure time.   

[/QUOTE

stevegm, the backlash will come....

we're just waiting to see who he signs with....

God forbid it's with a hated rival....

i also thought he was born to be a B'S, but i guess those years in Florida left irrepairable damage....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

/QUOTE]

San, I hate to admit it but I finally got the answer from Recchi regarding who was the best goalie he ever played with.  He said that it was TT and he also said that TT was a great guy and teammate. I forgot to ask him his favorite food for you though. 

That's interesting.  I always admired his decision in an odd sort of way.  Not many people have the courage to walk away from around 5 mil.  Those that do, often are pretty good people.  Never agreed with the "contract is a contract" argument...out of context.  It's always understood that a contract lays out the term and pay, however, everyone whose protected by such, has the option of quitting, they just can't quit, then go work for the competition, or re-negotiate money.  The funny part about this one...is that the whole world assumes everyones too greedy to ever walk away from that golden goose.  Obviously TT wasn't, and I don't know why that makes him so bad.  

I'm surprised at the lack of venom toward Horton.  His motive seems even more clear.  Despite the team wanting him, appears he doesn't want to be a Bruin.., sooner play elsewhere.  From a fan perspective, that seems worse than what TT did. 

I say good riddance Nathan.  Obviously all of those extra games that go with being a cup contender, have seriously impacted his leisure time.   

[/QUOTE]

Steve, I just don't respect his decision. After there was talk of Rask possibly being the #1 before 2011, TT said that none of that mattered because the Bruins would be assured that he'd still show up and give 100% for the length of the deal. Clearly that was a lie. Add to that the fact that he'd already cashed in on the high dollar years of the deal before packing it in. He screwed the franchise. I'm not sure why you think Horton is even similar. He honored his contract in full. He earned the right to go to the highest bidder. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Seguin and a first for Yandle and a second...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

/QUOTE]

Steve, I just don't respect his decision. After there was talk of Rask possibly being the #1 before 2011, TT said that none of that mattered because the Bruins would be assured that he'd still show up and give 100% for the length of the deal. Clearly that was a lie. Add to that the fact that he'd already cashed in on the high dollar years of the deal before packing it in. He screwed the franchise. I'm not sure why you think Horton is even similar. He honored his contract in full. He earned the right to go to the highest bidder. 

Yeah, I don't "really' disagree that much Dez....except that it's just as fair to choose to not take the money, as it is, to seek greener pastures.  Both are absolutely, contractually legitimate, but to me, seem equally incomprehensible.  Again, they're both fully fair, and legal.
    None of these guys care about the Bruins half as much as we do.  I just think it's terrible that both don't seem to want to play for the Bruins.  I seem to have more patience with TT, because at least, it wasn't about hoarding more cash.  Looks like it could be for Nathan, and that irks me more.  Guess I don't relate well to millionaires deciding they arn't fussy about being a Bruin in general.

If somebody offered Horton a few mil a year more...I could kinda understand, but they haven't got there yet.  Horton just decided he doesn't want to play here regardless.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Steve, like you, I'm not pleased that anyone would choose to leave the organization but I give Horton credit for playing out the length of his contract. If PC wanted to keep him then he never should have let the deal run out. As I said in another thread, I suspect that the happiness of Hortons wife is a major factor in the decision. 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

• You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I can't understand why anyone thinks trading Seguin is a good idea? He's 21 years old, and sooner than later he's going to wake up and realize that laying pipe every night is less important than his career. When he does he will be a hell of a hockey player and I would hate for that to happen with a different team.

At this point in his career, he has out produced Joe Thorton (who has been mentione often around here lately), Kessel, Marchand, Datsyuk, Bobby Ryan, Corey Perry (my GOD at Seguin'sage we'd be shipping him out for a bag of pucks), Cam Neely... Ok I think you guys get the point. He's a young kid and if we give him time to develop we could have a franchise center that is only going to improve his game.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's going to be OK becuase I trust in PC as well.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

It's going to be OK becuase I trust in PC as well.

I do as well San. Now he's got the space to make more moves and the prospects he received are potentially decent to high end.

• Sections
    Shortcuts