Bruins trying to sign goalie Petri Vehanen.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Bruins trying to sign goalie Petri Vehanen.

He is a 35 year old goalie who has been playing in the KHL and some think he is the best goalie not in the NHL:  http://translate.google.fi/translate?hl=fi&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iltalehti.fi%2Fmmjaakiekko2012%2F2012050715538686_j0.shtml

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bruins trying to sign goalie Petri Vehanen.

Makes almost no sense whatsoever.  He's a 35 yr old goalie who isn't going to walk in and start.  In the phrase "best goalie not in the NHL,"  the second half is more important than the first.  Someone will inevitably post that this is a sign that they're looking to move Thomas, or that they anticipate issues in signing Rask, but in either case, they have Khudobin on an NHL salary next year.  Why is a 35 yr old going to sign with Boston if there's a better than average chance he ends up in Providence, which, in case you missed it, is not in the NHL?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins trying to sign goalie Petri Vehanen.:
    [QUOTE]Makes almost no sense whatsoever.  He's a 35 yr old goalie who isn't going to walk in and start.  In the phrase "best goalie not in the NHL,"  the second half is more important than the first.  Someone will inevitably post that this is a sign that they're looking to move Thomas, or that they anticipate issues in signing Rask, but in either case, they have Khudobin on an NHL salary next year.  Why is a 35 yr old going to sign with Boston if there's a better than average chance he ends up in Providence, which, in case you missed it, is not in the NHL?
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I think he was just reporting it and not putting any personal opinion into it.

What is this 5 year contract that allows him to play abroad (here in N. America) before the season starts.  It doesn't make sense to me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

A lot of Euro contracts have an out if the player can sign with an NHL team before the season starts.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins trying to sign goalie Petri Vehanen. : I think he was just reporting it and not putting any personal opinion into it. What is this 5 year contract that allows him to play abroad (here in N. America) before the season starts.  It doesn't make sense to me.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

35 yrs. old is the KHL NHL same level of hockey no it is not,  different size ice area. Then Thomas was a man of destiny and Boston took a gamble on him and it eventually came to a great way to ending a career. The Bruins can sign Turco for better value Turco cannot sign a two way contract deal but Vehanen can if i am i right about the contract. The advantage is nobody knows this goalie and it can be positive short coming.

Unless the Bruins are finding it difficult to sign Rask then this is only reason behind this rumour but i would rather see the investment in Rask before an unknown NHL goalie. But then once upon a time there was goalie name Tretiak that made a name for himself overnight.

The other reason could be the Bruins are close to finding a new home for Thomas and this goalie can better back up to Rask then Kudo..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like the headline "according to the tabloid"...In other news Tara Reid is now dating...well lets see who hasn't she dated ?

Tax free money in your home country or half the pay that is heavily levied in Providence ? Reads like the writer is reaching a bit who knows.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow are we ever desperate.  A one paragraph article in a foreign paper gets way more attnetion than it deserves.  By the time June 20th arrives I will probably post another 20 times on this thread.

Going to be a  LONG summer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Maybe the Bruins are going to trade Rask & TT ?  They then can bring up KoKo and dress Vehanen, you would be at the same age combination as Rask & TT ! That would be about the only part that would be the same.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]I like the headline "according to the tabloid"...In other news Tara Reid is now dating...well lets see who hasn't she dated ? Tax free money in your home country or half the pay that is heavily levied in Providence ? Reads like the writer is reaching a bit who knows.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

This was more what I was saying when I said it made no sense - not a jab at OtB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not jabbing at OrrtheBest either he is a fine contributor and it will invoke a debate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Bruins trying to sign goalie Petri Vehanen.:
    [QUOTE]He is a 35 year old goalie who has been playing in the KHL and some think he is the best goalie not in the NHL:  http://translate.google.fi/translate?hl=fi&sl=fi&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.iltalehti.fi%2Fmmjaakiekko2012%2F2012050715538686_j0.shtml
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

If the B's are trying to get Vehanen ...that probably means they will trade TT and one of the 2 : Rask or Khudobin ...We could get a very good draft pick for TT and free up $5MM and we could also get a very very good player for Rask or K ...and would still be in very good shape in the net with Vehanen and Rask or Khudobin ..

I really like that ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011(done)  and 2013 (no doubt)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let me fuel this fire.  They'll trade Thomas , free cap space , sign Parise and sign this guy to mentor Rask.
    Tabloid that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I remember saying something along the lines of this right before the B's signed Turco:
    "The B's are one injury away from having Michael Hutchinson, a man who couldn't crack the Providence line-up, play for the Bruins. This scares the s*** out of me".

^^^^^Maybe having Khudobin and Rask out at the same time opened management's eyes to the fact that
    a) Hutchinson isn't a very good prospect
    b) Having 3 goaltenders injured isn't out of the question.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hutchinson actually played pretty well down the stretch if you look at Providence's results and his final AHL numbers on the year.  He only played 29 AHL games, but he was 15th in GAA and 4th in save%, and I'm a big believer that save% in the A is a much better indicator of potential than GAA.  And regardless, where is Vehanen going to play if the only point is to have better depth? He's not leaving the K for an AHL salary.

I'm nowhere near going all Yannick Riendeau on this, but I'm almost positive that there is no way Petri Vehanen is a Boston Bruin next year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Not jabbing at OrrtheBest either he is a fine contributor and it will invoke a debate.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Your clealry jabbing at me though as i have had Tara Reid.

Tongue out

Sections
Shortcuts