Bruins UFA's and RFA's?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Bruins UFA's and RFA's?

Ryder will be an UFA Rechhi will be an UFA when season is done and most likely not resigned. Will this be enough money to sign Kaberle for 2 or 3 years. Correct me if I'm wrong is this what PC may be thinking. I don't want to see Kaberle gone because of FA in the summer time.

One poster already asked the same ? does PC have another move up his sleeve. Overall I am happy that PC did make moves earlier to give the team time to gel on the road trip with extra practice time. Chara Krejci and Kaberle will be best buddies on the road to get Tomas comfortable with the Bruins.

For our RFA's in the AHL Hamil and Penner may be involve in a small swap along with Ryder ?

PC biggest signing this season will be Kaberle and RFA Marchand, I sure don't want to see Kessel situation happen with Marchand.

The last conversation now we will see what CJ can do with all the parts. I believe this team has gotten much better with the transactions.

PC is now saying CJ it is all up to you now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Re: Bruins UFA's and RFA's?

Yes, Ryder and Recchi won't be back.  Will be replaced with low-cost replacements like Jordan Caron and Rich Peverley.  But I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Andrew Ference shipped away for cap reasons, freeing up another 2 mil.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Don't forget there's a chance that Savard may be finished and that's $4M off the books right there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Marchand is due a raise as well!  RFA after this season.  Arbetration could be a scary result.  Look for them to give him a raise before that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Thanx gents all threads does make sense. It will look like we have enough space to sign Kab and Marchand.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In Response to Bruins UFA's and RFA's?:
    [QUOTE]Ryder will be an UFA Rechhi will be an UFA when season is done and most likely not resigned. Will this be enough money to sign Kaberle for 2 or 3 years. Correct me if I'm wrong is this what PC may be thinking. I don't want to see Kaberle gone because of FA in the summer time. One poster already asked the same ? does PC have another move up his sleeve. Overall I am happy that PC did make moves earlier to give the team time to gel on the road trip with extra practice time. Chara Krejci and Kaberle will be best buddies on the road to get Tomas comfortable with the Bruins. For our RFA's in the AHL Hamil and Penner may be involve in a small swap along with Ryder ? PC biggest signing this season will be Kaberle and RFA Marchand, I sure don't want to see Kessel situation happen with Marchand. The last conversation now we will see what CJ can do with all the parts. I believe this team has gotten much better with the transactions. PC is now saying CJ it is all up to you now .
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

marchand's a good ole maritimer. i don't see him pulling a kessel and thinking he's better than everyone else.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

i hope Marchand is going to be a good sport and take a pay cut until next off-season when Thornton, Kelly, Boychuk, and Paille's contract's expire. If he goes to arbitration this year I can see the league awarding him something in the ballpark of $2M, which would push us over the CAP with Kaberle also signing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins UFA's and RFA's?:
    [QUOTE]$766,667 also finally comes off the books from the Peter Schaefer buyout 
    Posted by TommyD603[/QUOTE]

What a fiasco that signing turned out to be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

edit: Someone already mentioned Schaefer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I see Marchand signing a similar deal to Burrows.  4 years, 2 million per. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

I say get rid of TT now that his value is at his best...get a solid back up and trade for another impact player for the post season...and no more cap problems next year!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]I say get rid of TT now that his value is at his best...get a solid back up and trade for another impact player for the post season...and no more cap problems next year!!
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]

you're kidding, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoBojangles. Show MoBojangles's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins UFA's and RFA's? : you're kidding, right?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't dismiss the idea at all.  While some of the numbers posted above are off a tad (Kaberle at 4?)...  if they really do have $4mil under the cap and then moved Thomas and his $5mil they could seriously add to this club.  Think about adding Richards to the lineup above?  Flyers don't suck and they don't have a netminder as good as Rask, but their deep deep lineup carries the club.  TT is awesome - but Rask is good, and with a Richards or yet another very good defenseman, we might need a TT to dig us out of the club's deficiencies which is the story of this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoBojangles. Show MoBojangles's posts

Sorry..   "we might NOT need TT..."

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Philly and Detroit are not stong in the nets...it will take goals to beat those teams not goaltending.   With the perfect plays Detroit can make no goalie is going to stop it anyways.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

1) sign Kaberle- period.

2) Draft the best DMan ya can with the TOR pick (and or others).

Make it so...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Don't forget there's a chance that Savard may be finished and that's $4M off the books right there.
    Posted by Cashman72[/QUOTE]

With PC trading for Peverly and Kelly, both centers signed for next year, maybe he is thinking the same thing as well....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]We are going to have some cap room next season. What are we expecting the cap to be, 61? that would be a reasonable estimate. Lucic (4) Krejci (3.75) Horton (4)  11.75 Marchand (2?) Bergeron (5) Seguin (.9) 7.9 Kelly (2.125) Savard (4) Caron (.8)  6.925 Thornton (.8) Campbell (1.1) Peverley (1.325) 3.125 Paille (1) Chara (6.5)   Kaberle (4?)  10.5 Seidenberg (3.25) Kampfer (.852) 4.102 Ference (2.25) McQuaid (.6)  2.85 Boychuk (1.875) Thomas (5) Rask (1.25) 56.275 mix and match however you want, with boychuk and paille as healthy scratches and kaberle signed at 4 mill the Bs would have around 4.775 mill in cap room
    Posted by pbergeron37[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty darn good to me! Looking at that lineup and knowing we have almost $5M to go shopping with, I think we're in real good shape.

If Savvy's $4M comes off the books, gives us $9M to fill the hole at centre.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Cap room next year for UFA/RFA's:

Goalies- 2 signed(TT, TR) for cap hit= 6.25
    D: 6 signed (Z, DS, AF, JB,SK, AQ) for= 16m
    F:  11 signed for 30.6(approx) 
    Total- about 53m.  This doesn't include Kaberle or Marchand and assumes that REcchi and Ryder will not be around next season.

Another wild card is the Savvy contract.  Will he play? Will that $$ be counted vs the cap??? Nobody will know til next season.

One other factor to consider is that the B's are carrying an extra forward and D this year.  You let them go or even 1, and you have some more cap savings.  My own personal preference is to send Paille down to Prov where he belongs to save the $1 mil cap space.

Marchand is having a great year but won't command huge $$ as a 2nd year player.  He'll get a decent raise but not a huge contract.  Kaberle- no clue when PC will offer him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]yes but there aren't really any good forwards hitting unrestricted free agency. it would have to be via a trade
    Posted by pbergeron37[/Q

Brad Richards is not really good-he is a great forward and UFA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re-sign Ryder for ONE year 2.2 M

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Re-sign Ryder for ONE year 2.2 M
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

No.  Too streaky.  Too many nights when he doesn't show up.  OK, maybe he got religion and that changed.

BUT

His skill set is limited, he's got that snap shot, he's opportunistic at that 15-20 range, out around the face off dots.

His passing is not great.  His stick handling isn't that great, I think he's hopeless 1 on 1 with the goalie.  Of course he isn't physical, no one really expects that, however I think he's a lot more effective simply finishing checks.

IMO you're better off with a more well rounded player.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He's got a Calder Worthy season, he could should easily get 2 Mil.

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins UFA's and RFA's? : marchand's a good ole maritimer. i don't see him pulling a kessel and thinking he's better than everyone else.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]He's got a Calder Worthy season, he could should easily get 2 Mil. In Response to Re: Bruins UFA's and RFA's? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

and he'd be worth every penny. i think his production since being on the bergeron line is not a fluke. it wouldn't surprise me if this guy could become a 30 goal man. he should be at least get 20-25 constitently and can play on the pp and pk.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

The problem is that there aren't any good free agent wingers on the market in the offseason. Milan Hejduk is probly the best one, and that's not saying much. After that, a bunch of guys you can get 20 goals from at about 2M on a 1 year deal or so, Radim Vrbata for example.

Other people are forgetting that the CAP will raise about 2M or so, possibly more.

Cap Geek says they have 19 players signed at a total of 53.06M. We have room for 1 D-man (Kaberle) and 2 forwards: Marchand and either Caron/Sauve or a free agent winger (like I mentioned above, such as Radim Vrbata).

Let's say the CAP rises to 61.4M (exactly 2M more).

Kaberle-4M
    Marchand-2.15M
    Caron-1.1M/Sauve-.845833K/Vrbata (or some other FA winger)-2M

We'd be at around 61M (under the cap). If Savard is in fact done, we could add another winger and have Kelly or peverley as the permanent 3rd line centre.

Lot's of options. After next season, there are finally some good wingers available: Penner, Hemsky, Kunitz and Stempniak, to name a few.

Sections
Shortcuts