BRUINS UNDERDOGS?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

BRUINS UNDERDOGS?

If you listen to some of the sports channels here in Canada the Bruins are now the underdogs and can't win this series. They blame this on the loss of Bergie and even pick on Kaberlie.
    I agree the Bruins didn't play well in the 1st game but one game does not make a series and yes the Bruins have had problems winning in the playoffs when top players go down but it much to soon to judge yet.
    The Bruins are a very good team and did come back from being down 2 games to the Habs to win that series, so until there is no fight left and the Bruins have lost, I hope we as fans don't give up on this team that easy.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Re: BRUINS UNDERDOGS?

In Response to BRUINS UNDERDOGS?:
    If you listen to some of the sports channels here in Canada the Bruins are now the underdogs and can't win this series. They blame this on the loss of Bergie and even pick on Kaberlie. I agree the Bruins didn't play well in the 1st game but one game does not make a series and yes the Bruins have had problems winning in the playoffs when top players go down but it much to soon to judge yet. The Bruins are a very good team and did come back from being down 2 games to the Habs to win that series, so until there is no fight left and the Bruins have lost, I hope we as fans don't give up on this team that easy. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by brunod

They've been better as underdogs anyway.  So I like it.  I'm expecting a much better effort Tuesday night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

who's making them underdogs?? The "experts"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

All the "experts" picked Philly over the B's as well.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

I don't have a problem with the underdog tag. And IF (big if not counting any chickens) they get to the finals they will be underdogs there too.

The Bruins brought a lot of problems on themselves in game 1. They had some good sustained pressure in the 3rd and could have clawed their way back into it. The dumb JB penalty and freak goal in off the top of the goalie stick put paid to that.

Even Kaberle, who the 'experts' have chosen as the fall guy had a few good moments. I remember one rush mid way through the first which made me think 'Wow! I see what the fuss is about'. No other Bruins d-man can transition the way he can. There was also a nice play to break up a Tampa breakaway. I also liked PP in the 3rd as Boston built momentum. It was good, patient play probing for an opening rather than the frantic skating around in circles as the puck is repeatedly iced and retrieved for 2 minutes of pointlessness.

Everyone needs to play better, Kaberle is not alone in that but this is not over by a long shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i think "it's us vs. the world", will suit the b's just fine. when they play with that edge, they are most effective.  i expect tonight to be their best game of the playoffs. clean breakouts, get the puck deep, and use the body on the boards. TT will challenge himself to be great, and the LKH line will be HOT. big z gets on the board tonight with a big goal early. the team will play desperate, and get a well deserved victory tonight. any word on bergy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Couldthisbetheyear. Show Couldthisbetheyear's posts

I would prefer to be the underdog and then CJ can use that in the dressing room to get his team going.  I think the rust factor was in play Sat nite...tampa didn't play extremely well, we just played extremely poor.  However, there are some players who need to elevate their game to a higher level.....if we are to win:  Ryder, Kelly, Horton, Chara, Lucic need to ramp it up another notch if we are to win this series.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Just one bad game. It was bound to happend after winning so many in a row. I think this will go to game 6 boston win. poss even another game 7. Who knows but the bruins will come out of this.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Hoping for a strong showing tonight. If they start like they started last game and Timmy makes the key saves we should be fine. Would be nice to have a few bounces coming our way this time. Here's hoping Seguin gets more ice time, would love to see him on the 2nd line more, Recchi's having a hard time keeping up... He's good on the PP to stay in front of the net but maybe 3rd line duty is better suited for him for the rest of the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If you listen to some of the sports channels here in Canada the Bruins are now the underdogs and can't win this series. They blame this on the loss of Bergie and even pick on Kaberlie. I agree the Bruins didn't play well in the 1st game but one game does not make a series and yes the Bruins have had problems winning in the playoffs when top players go down but it much to soon to judge yet. The Bruins are a very good team and did come back from being down 2 games to the Habs to win that series, so until there is no fight left and the Bruins have lost, I hope we as fans don't give up on this team that easy. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by brunod

Canadian sports media picking on Kaberle? These are the same people that made him into a perennial all-star and second tier norris trophy candidate. Now he is gone and the can finally say what they really think about him I guess....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Face-Off. Show Face-Off's posts

Tampa in 6

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Face-Off. Show Face-Off's posts

just saying..........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by brunod

If you want to know a real expert advice next time...ask me ...I said B's in 6 and I've also said that the BRUINS would win the next 2 games ...

So dont listen to those ''experts'' ....next time knock at the right door ...do you know one single expert in the world that has predicted 3 Stanley Cups in a row to the BRUINS since last year ???? Well I did ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I'm also happy with the underdog label, and besides, it's true.

The loss of Bergeron is a big blow for Boston, and TB is all healthy. They have amazing offense and speed up front and are already up 1-0, having stolen back home ice advantage, plus their goalie looks rock solid.

OF COURSE the Bruins are underdogs--why wouldn't they be?

But that doesn't mean that the Bruins are going to lose the series. If the B's win tonight the momentum can shift, and Bergeron's return can then be an extra boost of psychological and on-ice confidence. The B's are not toast as many "experts" would have you believe. If you have to lose one game of a series, game 1 is probably the one that hurts you least.

Let's re-assess after tonight. If the Bruins go down 0-2 it sure looks a lot darker, but there's no reason they can't win tonight, and use the 'underdog' tag as added motivation if need be. A 1-1 situation after tonight puts the Bruins in fine position to win the series.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: BRUINS UNDERDOGS?:
    I'm also happy with the underdog label, and besides, it's true. The loss of Bergeron is a big blow for Boston, and TB is all healthy. They have amazing offense and speed up front and are already up 1-0, having stolen back home ice advantage, plus their goalie looks rock solid. OF COURSE the Bruins are underdogs--why wouldn't they be? But that doesn't mean that the Bruins are going to lose the series. If the B's win tonight the momentum can shift, and Bergeron's return can then be an extra boost of psychological and on-ice confidence. The B's are not toast as many "experts" would have you believe. If you have to lose one game of a series, game 1 is probably the one that hurts you least. Let's re-assess after tonight. If the Bruins go down 0-2 it sure looks a lot darker, but there's no reason they can't win tonight, and use the 'underdog' tag as added motivation if need be. A 1-1 situation after tonight puts the Bruins in fine position to win the series.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Hey the B's lose a game look whos back! I agree with your post completely though.

My original prediction for this series was B's in 5, I said that because I believed Tampa would drop a shocker in GM1 like the(5-2 shellacking on saturday) but that the bruins would make a few things clear in GM1. They wont quit and they will physically dominate TB.

I expect a close 3-2 game tonight maybe even an OT game but the B's should come out on top.

Sections
Shortcuts