Bruins Underestimated Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bruins Underestimated Again

Anyone else read this?:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367211

Apparently the B's are a one line team and have only one NHL calibre d'man. Oh, and Luongo is simply more Vezina than Thomas....

Love it.

Bruins will take it in six and the Canucks can be left wondering where all their depth went.

And someone should tell Bieksa that Horton and Lucic are not Patrick Marleau. It will save him from a savage beating....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Bruins Underestimated Again

The Bruins will play the underdog role just fine!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Bruins Underestimated Again:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else read this?: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367211 Apparently the B's are a one line team and have only one NHL calibre d'man. Oh, and Luongo is simply more Vezina than Thomas.... Love it. Bruins will take it in six and the Canucks can be left wondering where all their depth went. And someone should tell Bieksa that Horton and Lucic are not Patrick Marleau. It will save him from a savage beating....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    I like Daniel Sedin saying(about Chara) that "we see those kind of defensemen every night". I suspect he'll feel differently after the puck's dropped on Wednesday.......... 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Really tired of this stuff about Vancouver having more offensive talent than the B's.
    Can we put an end to this "more offensive depth" falacy for the Canucks? Boston has six players in double digit points this post-season, Van has 5. Boston has 15 players with at least 5 points, the Canucks have 11. The Bruin have 19 players who've made the scoresheet, Van has 17. The Bruins have 14 players with multiple goals, the Canucks have 12. The Canucks have more top endscorers, maybe, but offensive depth? The numbers for that don't add up

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

The credited writer of the story was "The Canadian Press" 

Of course they're going slant the headline in favor of the Canucks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Underestimated Again:
    [QUOTE]The credited writer of the story was "The Canadian Press"  Of course they're going slant the headline in favor of the Canucks
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Bad assumption to make - I worked for that company for almost 15 years. They'e one of the most balanced news agencies in the world.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It reminds me of how the media trumpeted Tampa Bay as the real powerhouse of the East and the Bruins being lucky just to make it to the Conference Finals. To them Roloson was the second coming of Dryden, the Vinny/St. Louis Stamkos line unmatchable, and Boucher's 1-3-1 unbreakable.

To me it is the same meme. Vancouver has too much speed and depth, their D is second to none, and Luongo is a goaltending god. So naturally the B's will be swept right?

Same dance, different opponent......

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It reminds me of how the media trumpeted Tampa Bay as the real powerhouse of the East and the Bruins being lucky just to make it to the Conference Finals. To them Roloson was the second coming of Dryden, the Vinny/St. Louis Stamkos line unmatchable, and Boucher's 1-3-1 unbreakable. To me it is the same meme. Vancouver has too much speed and depth, their D is second to none, and Luongo is a goaltending god. So naturally the B's will be swept right? Same dance, different opponent......
    No reason Boston can't win another series against an unbeatable foe. I like it better when they aren't expected to win.     4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah, they seem to play the underdog role well. Some of the comments in that article by Van fans are just plain delusional.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

underdog is alright by me....

gives b's added incentive, not that i think the boys needed any....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins Underestimated Again : I like Daniel Sedin saying(about Chara) that "we see those kind of defensemen every night". I suspect he'll feel differently after the puck's dropped on Wednesday.......... 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I laughed pretty hard at that one. I am sure there are plenty of 6 foot 9 270 pound norris calibre defencemen in the West. Another good one is the article trumping Van's depth at D by stating that they even have Keith Ballard as a 7th dman. Actually, Ballard started the year in the top pairing but played his way off the roster with horrible work. Not something to be proud of having a terrible 7th dman you are paying 4.2 million the next several years....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Even Vegas has made Vancouver a -235 (70%) favorite to beat Boston. 

Wouldn't it be great if Boston came out in game 1 and won 6-0, to really stick it to and humble those arrogant nucks fans who think this series will be a cakewalk in 4 or 5 games?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Really tired of this stuff about Vancouver having more offensive talent than the B's. Can we put an end to this "more offensive depth" falacy for the Canucks? Boston has six players in double digit points this post-season, Van has 5. Boston has 15 players with at least 5 points, the Canucks have 11. The Bruin have 19 players who've made the scoresheet, Van has 17. The Bruins have 14 players with multiple goals, the Canucks have 12. The Canucks have more top endscorers, maybe, but offensive depth? The numbers for that don't add up
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    liveandwrite
    Can we put an end to this 'more offensive depth' falacy for the Canucks? Boston has six players in double digit points this post-season, Van has 5. Boston has 15 players with at least 5 points, the Canucks have 11. The Bruin have 19 players who've made the scoresheet, Van has 17. The Bruins have 14 players with multiple goals, the Canucks have 12. The Canucks have more top endscorers, maybe, but offensive depth? The numbers for that don't add up www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367211#YourCallTop" class="Report">Report this comment!
    You can see why I suspected. Sorry. I'm not stalking you.
    Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No worries Dez - same point I made there and here applies. I don't understand how the depth is a deciding factor for this series, especially in the Canucks favour. Only one player who has laced it up for us in the playoffs doesn't have at least a point, Hnidy, and if he plays this round we have bigger problems. The Canucks have seven guys who've played in the post-season this year and are pointless. Including Hnidy we have only 5 guys with less than 5 points (Soup, Paille, Thornton, and McQuaid). The Canucks have 13!

Under what definition of "depth" do the Canucks have more?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

The Bruins are defineatly the underdogs, and that suits me just fine.  I live in Vancouver and almost everyone I know is a Canucks fan.  I really like that everyone that I know is all of a sudden a Bruins expert now that they are in the finals.  I watched ever Bruins game this year while most people out here have watched less than a handfull.  Everyone out here is taking Canucks in 4 or 5 and not even thinking Bruins will pose a threat.  Cant wait to see their faces after taking game 1 in Vancouver and putting them in a hole for the first time these playoffs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]No worries Dez - same point I made there and here applies. I don't understand how the depth is a deciding factor for this series, especially in the Canucks favour. Only one player who has laced it up for us in the playoffs doesn't have at least a point, Hnidy, and if he plays this round we have bigger problems. The Canucks have seven guys who've played in the post-season this year and are pointless. Including Hnidy we have only 5 guys with less than 5 points (Soup, Paille, Thornton, and McQuaid). The Canucks have 13! Under what definition of "depth" do the Canucks have more?
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]
    You're spot on Red. My guess is it's a little bit like in the last series when people were confusing star power with depth. I spent the entire season preaching that it would end up being Boston's depth that would make them a contender. I don't care what anyone else says about the Bruins depth. I'd think they're overmatched by very few teams on paper when you look at the lineup from front to back. I really like our chances.Glad you get to be there.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Yeah Dez I agree. I actually think if we win this series, it will have a lot to do with Soupy, Pevs, Kelly, Paille, Seguin and Ryder. Our bottom six are just better, and if they have to key up on our top two lines, I expect these guys to get their opportunities. They have 43 points already, the Canucks can't matchup with them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just checked  it - Van's bottom six for Wednesday have 13 points. HUGE difference.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins Underestimated Again : I like Daniel Sedin saying(about Chara) that "we see those kind of defensemen every night". I suspect he'll feel differently after the puck's dropped on Wednesday.......... 4 MORE WINS!!!!!!!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I laughed when I read this too. I thought, hmmm, every team has a Chara, do they? Really? I didn't know.

Daniel, I know you don't see much of the Bruins, but c'mon man, get a clue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Underestimated Again : Yeah, I laughed when I read this too. I thought, hmmm, every team has a Chara, do they? Really? I didn't know. Daniel, I know you don't see much of the Bruins, but c'mon man, get a clue.
    Posted by BigChara[/QUOTE]
    Just fuel on the fire BigC. I love that Sedin is feeling good coming in. It should make for an even ruder awakening when he finds out just how different Zee can be. I'm expecting Chara to unleash the beast from within for the finals. Having the Cup within his grasp, I know a warrior like him is going to bring everything in his arsenal for this chance. Our captain is much more intimidating than their captain.........

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

In Response to Bruins Underestimated Again:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else read this?: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=367211 Apparently the B's are a one line team and have only one NHL calibre d'man. Oh, and Luongo is simply more Vezina than Thomas.... Love it. Bruins will take it in six and the Canucks can be left wondering where all their depth went. And someone should tell Bieksa that Horton and Lucic are not Patrick Marleau. It will save him from a savage beating....

Oh, I would just LOVE to see this. I want badly to see Bieksa try out Looch or Horton early on, preferably in the first period of game 1. Looch or Horton would hand Bieksa his a-ss, that would shut the Vancouver crowd up real good, and then the message would be delivered: you're in for a battle Vancouver, so show some respect and S T F U with all that "Canucks in 4 garbage".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Ok, my fellow Western Canadians are starting to annoy me. I swear they haven't watched a single Bruins game all year, yet are adamant that they are absolute authorities on this team. The biggest joke is when they say the Bruins are undisciplined, or that the Canucks third and fourth lines are better, or that we only have one decent defenceman. Why don't they ask Philly about Seids or Stamkos about Boychuk's slapshot? Sheesh

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, my fellow Western Canadians are starting to annoy me. I swear they haven't watched a single Bruins game all year, yet are adamant that they are absolute authorities on this team. The biggest joke is when they say the Bruins are undisciplined, or that the Canucks third and fourth lines are better, or that we only have one decent defenceman. Why don't they ask Philly about Seids or Stamkos about Boychuk's slapshot? Sheesh
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

My guess, Red, is that the first time Seguin flies by them in a blur and goes backhand top shelf on Luongo for a goal in the blink of an eye, the Canucks will go holy smokes, that kid's on the 3rd line??? Wow, this team is better than we thought.

I also look forward to a few Ryder laser beams finding the back of the net in this series. And something tells me the Canucks are going to find Seidenberg & Ference to better than the Canucks expected.