Bruins v Islanders Game Thread (26/02)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bruins v Islanders Game Thread (26/02)

Nabokov again......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I hope they know the Bruins just play the games in front of them, jm. 

Reminds me of the threads on TSN where TO and Habs fans are constantly crying that the B's have such a favourable schedule....ridiculous. Its not like the B's not playing are somehow contributing to teams losing.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

PB just can't catch a break been robbed 3 times tonight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

3rd line still underwhelming....will they ever wake up?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Best game Rask has played this year imo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

I hope they know the Bruins just play the games in front of them, jm. 

Reminds me of the threads on TSN where TO and Habs fans are constantly crying that the B's have such a favourable schedule....ridiculous. Its not like the B's not playing are somehow contributing to teams losing.....

And if they were instead 2-11-2 the alternative view would be they were trash because they couldn't beat the teams on their favourable schedule so far. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Man, 3rd line can't even score on an empty net.....sad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I don't look for the third line to score much but yes the O has not been there, but in the Defensive zone they have been good plus on the PK as soon I say that Pev misses the EN

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

And if they were instead 2-11-2 the alternative view would be they were trash because they couldn't beat the teams on their favourable schedule so far. 

Yep, there is just no reasoning with some people....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

That a boy Greg nails it game over 4-1      12-2-2 Ottawa up next 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Now they play some home games about time. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

I don't look for the third line to score much but yes the O has not been there, but in the Defensive zone they have been good plus on the PK as soon I say that Pev misses the EN

What I see is not only has that line not been scoring all season but they have the worst +/- on the team . It has been the D and top 2 lines that have been carrying this team so far. At some point the bottom 6 have to start contributing as well....

At any rate, another win...good.

Props to  the the Islanders for not quitting and Nabokov for some solid goaltending.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to stinkman's comment:

What I see is not only has that line not been scoring all season but they have the worst +/- on the team and (in this game at least) Kelly has been 45% on faceoffs. It has been the D and top 2 lines that have been carrying this team so far. At some point the bottom 6 have to start contributing as well....

At any rate, another win...good.

Props to  the the Islanders for not quitting and Nabokov for some solid goaltending.

I hear you. I know what u r saying. It would be nice if Kelly and Peverley would score to balance it . I completely understand your point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Wonder if somewhere Thomas was watching his new team vs his old team?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

if I were TT I would never go there, and we know he is not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

No thread yet so I thought I would make one. NHL.com drooling over Tavares today. I wonder when was the last time a Bruin got the same treatment?

Who do we have that's lighting up the league right now, worthy of such attention?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

i kinda miss that fisherman logo that everyone hated...

The captain highliner one? lol!

That or the buffalo banana are the two worst logos in NHL history. 

Some Sabre fans thought it looked like a snail.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

man, is our defense that slow that Grabner could walk right through them?

Grabner will make 80% of the Ds in the NHL look slow. especially when he's facing in the direction he has to go to and the D-men have to turn around.

What you should be saying is ; man, is our 4th line horrible. 

They're making way too many mistakes this season that cause their opponents to get scoring chances.

No he should be saying........ man, is Grabner fast.

The 4th line comments would have to do nothing with Grabner getting breakaways.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I liked the post game comments.  CJ said he wanted better thrid line production.  Marchand and Rask said they didn't play that well, but a win is a win.  I like that the thoughts are about playing at a higher level.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I liked the post game comments.  CJ said he wanted better thrid line production.  Marchand and Rask said they didn't play that well, but a win is a win.  I like that the thoughts are about playing at a higher level.

Rask, speaking as a team member, was right. Rask, on a personal level, was great.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Rask, speaking as a team member, was right. Rask, on a personal level, was great.

I agree.  And look to the Rask thread for my further comments on him.  Potential for Vezina I say.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

I agree.  And look to the Rask thread for my further comments on him.  Potential for Vezina I say.

As Bruins fans, we have been spoiled with goaltending lately with Rask and TT.