Bruins v. Leafs (23/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Bruins v. Leafs (23/03/13)

Unless Rask gets injured we know Khudobin will never play back to back again. I like him as a backup and I will leave it at that. Rant Over. Please Jonny B get back ASAP like Monday. Now my rant is over.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to hangnail's comment:

I'm gonna go all Stanley here and predict the B's will win this one in OT.  Peverly with the winner assisted by Khudobin.

It would follow many patterns. Win games you dont deserve and vice versa.  

Shupe I haven't been around for a while.  Who are your current mancrushes on?  Still Sarich and Chimera?

You are solid.  Get here more often.  The soap opera between nas and dez took a new swing when san put a dagger in nas.  I didnt see that one coming.  

I was thinking of organizing a BDC meet-and-greet at The Fours for a playoff game.  They can hash things out then in person.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Bruins played so much better after they scored the first goal... still too little too late but hope for Monday.

I like the new, optimistic BFinNJ.

The boys need to wake up and smell the salts before the next game...they haven't woken up before the 3rd period for a couple of weeks now.

If they buried a quarter of their chance the first 2 periods it would have been a blowout.  They lost but I thought it was a better game than their last 5.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Just saw this tweet, maybe put a smile on some of you guys.

Ference & Seides both refusing to let Brodeur show them up in scoring race.

Clever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Hopefully this puts to rest any notion as to who the true starter is. Rask has never had a game as bad as Khudobin was tonight that I can remember....

Curious what CJ was thinking giving Khudo back to back games?

Post game CJ said he wanted to give Khudo a chance to have back to back games since he hadn't had them.

He said "he didn't like the goals", that they were "questionable" and he said "especially the last one"

Must be deflating as hell to have those go in on so few shots, BH. 

Definitely. If you've played the game, you know how it feels.....totally deflating.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Funny game, Bruins only showed up at the end of each period .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Great game from Bartkowski for a rookie. He has a long way to go before he will ever be a 6 or 7 defenseman. Julien put him back on the ice in the 3rd which says his coach will work with him.

Hey did Peverley play tonight ?

I heard allot of GMs are after him.

San,you're right. I typically cut Peverly a lot of slack but he was a real disappointment again tonight.  3rd line spent most of the game hemmed in their own end.

Maybe I expected too much of him Goat but I thought he would play like a man possessed.  He certainly wasn't the only one that was a let down to these eyes though. Game was frustrating from start to finish. 

I liked him tonight and in the third with play with Camp and Pail, he was rewarded as the extra skater and received an assist on the play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Post game CJ said he wanted to give Khudo a chance to have back to back games since he hadn't had them.

He said "he didn't like the goals", that they were "questionable" and he said "especially the last one"

Hmm...maybe he should bench Peverely again ...I heard that did wonders the first time around. That guy was golden tonight.

Lol but true how true! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 4everbruins's comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Hopefully this puts to rest any notion as to who the true starter is. Rask has never had a game as bad as Khudobin was tonight that I can remember....

Curious what CJ was thinking giving Khudo back to back games?

Must be deflating as hell to have those go in on so few shots, BH. 

Definitely. If you've played the game, you know how it feels.....totally deflating.

dez said it all: 11 shots - 3 goals.  End of story.  Still, had the Bruins sank some of their chances at the other end their streak vs the Leafs might still be on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

II was thinking of organizing a BDC meet-and-greet at The Fours for a playoff game.  They can hash things out then in person.

null would probably call in a bomb threat

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hey did Peverley play tonight ? I heard allot of GMs are after him.

San,you're right. I typically cut Peverly a lot of slack but he was a real disappointment again tonight.  3rd line spent most of the game hemmed in their own end.

I actually like Peverley allot and defended the signing. I think he is good and smart enough to work his way out of the slump. The team as a whole is really snake bit at this time but I think they can still work it out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Normally we can look at the Bs and see how 1-2 tweaks of the lines might spark some new creativity and effort, but it's tough to do with this group. The loss of Kelly and awful efforts by Lucic and Horton are taking their toll. We also learned tonight that PC may need to focus on D at the deadline just as much as we all want a top 6.

I think Bergeron, Marchand, Campbell, Krejci and Paille are the only guys right now who are playing with singlemindedness to get pucks to the net. They get the puck, and they seem to have a plan to find a scoring chance. Maybe it's time to really try some out of the box combinations.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The whole game changes when your behind early. Down by 2 a team is forced to open up and take chances. Down by 3 and already usually over.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I actually like Peverley allot and defended the signing. I think he is good and smart enough to work his way out of the slump. The team as a whole is really snake bit at this time but I think they can still work it out.

No it's because they cannot bully teams into winning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]

Great game from Bartkowski for a rookie. He has a long way to go before he will ever be a 6 or 7 defenseman. Julien put him back on the ice in the 3rd which says his coach will work with him.

He needs to play with better players... he's a good player who has lost his confidence...  Is he any worse than Horton, or Lucic? really ?  maybe one of those two need to spend some time playing with Pandolfo and Campbell..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Post game Khudo admits first goal was soft and was clearly unhappy with his performance.

Only redeeming factor.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Bruins look like L.A. did last year at this time.

Precisely.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

[QUOTE]

He needs to play with better players... he's a good player who has lost his confidence...  Is he any worse than Horton, or Lucic? really ?  maybe one of those two need to spend some time playing with Pandolfo and Campbell..

Marchand-Krejci-Paille (wheels)

Peverly-Bergeron-Seguin (skill)

Lucic-Campbell-Horton (crash)

Caron-Spooner-Thornton (sparingly)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

you know as well as I that there is no way CJ is going to make such radical changes. We will be lucky to see Caron replace Spooner next game...that's about it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

[QUOTE]

Interesting combos Asmaha. I'd be interested in seeing how they'd do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Desperation kicks in down 3 goals in the 3rd...yeh that Kudo really screwed up. Pathetic -

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

NAS like him or not is my favorite.  Dez and San are also right up there.  Talk hockey and cut the extra cra p out.  

Surprised at this, NAs has some knowledge but he is not the god he espouses himself to be.

Bart was not he cost of this game and from his early comments he puts him as a peewee type player. No he didn't say it on any post as he will come back and try to buwwy me into proving it, until he thinks I will leave.  He is a tool more often than not thinking he is Zeus on Olympus, mostly I appreciate Stanley more, he just can't help himself, Nas should know better.

I dont look on him as a god.  He usually cuts to chase and says what he thinks.  He knows his stuff and i have debated with him a lot.  He is one of the best regulars here.  The fact he rubs people the wrong way is a trait that drives many loonie.  I love my boy NAS.  He and i share a lot of the same views.  

No one argues with dez and san more then i do.  I find dez more nas like in his approach of late but i blame that on his girlfriend.  Only if lucic were as nasty with his game with girlfriend in life.  Doesnt change the fact that he knows his stuff.  

San and i originally were always back and forth.  Still are.  Still one of my favorites.  

In conclusion.  All three are in a list of guys/red that i always look fwd to wasting some time and yapping about hockey and our favorite club.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

you know as well as I that there is no way CJ is going to make such radical changes. We will be lucky to see Caron replace Spooner next game...that's about it.

I know it's out of context but you said we'll be lucky if Caron is put back in. I'm holding you to it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

time for a change... Iginla, maybe bouwmester...Horton can go or Peverley.. Subban, Spooner...

injuries to mcquaid, boychuk.. calls for a drastic move...

This was the most deflating lost of the season...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I know it's out of context but you said we'll be lucky if Caron is put back in. I'm holding you to it. 

lol...you know that is precisely what is going to happen. Spooner will sit and Caron will fill in on the third line. That's about it. Presto...this team is now a contender again....:)

You know, I find it funny some are comparing the 2013 Bruins with the 2012 Kings by saying LA was struggling too. Remember what Lombardi did to spark the team? That's right, he added Carter. I am very skeptical PC will pull off a comparable move.....