Bruins v. Leafs (23/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins v. Leafs (23/03/13)

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I actually like Peverley allot and defended the signing. I think he is good and smart enough to work his way out of the slump. The team as a whole is really snake bit at this time but I think they can still work it out.

No it's because they cannot bully teams into winning.

Well there is there physical play, it's down. But even when they weren't out hitting a team in the past they would skate around them with crisper tape to tape pasing the last two years.

This team can still be last years November-December team but the 3rd line and 4th line need to pick it up when the dependent scorers don't play well.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to POWERSURGE's comment:

time for a change... Iginla, maybe bouwmester...Horton can go or Peverley.. Subban, Spooner...

injuries to mcquaid, boychuk.. calls for a drastic move...

This was the most deflating lost of the season...

Iggy and bouw means a lot of cap.   And a heck of a lot going back the other way.  Teams in sell mode usually do seperate moves to max gain.   Im all about iggy and him replacing horton on that second line(I will always consider bergies line #1).  

horton would be dealt to sj for clowe.  Change of ufas.  

1st/2nd/spooner for iggy/Sarich

peverly would be dealt to caps for chimera.  

Dk/lucic/iggy. Bergie/march/seguin.  Kelly/clowe/chimera. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I know it's out of context but you said we'll be lucky if Caron is put back in. I'm holding you to it. 

lol...you know that is precisely what is going to happen. Spooner will sit and Caron will fill in on the third line. That's about it. Presto...this team is now a contender again....:)

You know, I find it funny some are comparing the 2013 Bruins with the 2012 Kings by saying LA was struggling too. Remember what Lombardi did to spark the team? That's right, he added Carter. I am very skeptical PC will pull off a comparable move.....

I'm not saying Spooner was the reason but the 3rd line spent too much time hemmed in. Pandolfo is mostly to blame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Hey did Peverley play tonight ?

I heard allot of GMs are after him.

He needs to play with better players... he's a good player who has lost his confidence...  Is he any worse than Horton, or Lucic? really ?  maybe one of those two need to spend some time playing with Pandolfo and Campbell..

I agree that Peverley will play better with better players. As we know Caron and Pandolfo are not those answers. I see line shake ups for the next game on Monday.

Tonight we wash the bad game off our face with the goalie water bottle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Hey did Peverley play tonight ?

I heard allot of GMs are after him.

He needs to play with better players... he's a good player who has lost his confidence...  Is he any worse than Horton, or Lucic? really ?  maybe one of those two need to spend some time playing with Pandolfo and Campbell..

I agree that Peverley will play better with better players. As we know Caron and Pandolfo are not those answers. I see line shake ups for the next game on Monday.

Tonight we wash the bad game off our face with the goalie water bottle.

Sounds like a plan San.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I'm not saying Spooner was the reason but the 3rd line spent too much time hemmed in. Pandolfo is mostly to blame.

Completely agree. This team can no longer role 4 lines as presently constituted. PC really needs to do something.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

Marchand-Krejci-Paille (wheels)

Peverly-Bergeron-Seguin (skill)

Lucic-Campbell-Horton (crash)

Caron-Spooner-Thornton (sparingly)

you know as well as I that there is no way CJ is going to make such radical changes. We will be lucky to see Caron replace Spooner next game...that's about it.

True. I was giddy as a schoolgirl when he flipped Seguin and Horton for a bit there. Then he followed up in an interview "something something blah blah don't have time this season to let things sort themselves out" and I got even more excited. But it didn't last.

The deal with shaking up lines is that you can't do it too late in the season. You have to have time to find the right combo. If the shakeups don't happen now, they won't happen at all this year.

But to your point....no, nothing remotely like those lines above will ever be seen. That might not be a bad thing, though. He's a successful coach at the highest level. I'm a guy looking for *anything* to make the next game more interesting to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Unless Rask gets injured we know Khudobin will never play back to back again. I like him as a backup and I will leave it at that. Rant Over. Please Jonny B get back ASAP like Monday. Now my rant is over.

Ok Khudobin didn't have a very good game but it still comes back to same thing Bruins can't score,sometimes the rest of team has to bail out goalie,2 goals isn;t enough to win every game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

But to your point....no, nothing remotely like those lines above will ever be seen. That might not be a bad thing, though. He's a successful coach at the highest level. I'm a guy looking for *anything* to make the next game more interesting to watch.

Too bad. I like your moxy. This team is really starting to remimd me of the offensively challenged 2010 squad and your lines make sense to me at this point...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The next 2 games couldn't come at a better time. Bruins will not lose to the Leafs 2 straight and that'll give them a lift to play the Habs.  Habs another team Bruins not too happy to have lost the last time around.   Nothing like a little homecoming.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

The next 2 games couldn't come at a better time. Bruins will not lose to he Leafs 2 straight and that'll givet them a lift to play the Habs.  Habs another team Bruins not too happy to have lost the last time around.   Nothing like a little homecoming.

Man, I hope you are right....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Completely agree. This team can no longer role 4 lines as presently constituted. PC really needs to do something.....

Problem is JW a whole lot of teams still in playoff hunt.. I think this year's trade deadline is going to be non eventful... PC, like most GM's will find that player values will be high if teams are willing to deal,  just because no team is really out of it, well except Florida..... Honestly, without taking pieces off the first two lines  PC does not have a lot to offer for a name player... so expect that often used term - depth player to compliment our group..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Does anyone else agree that CJ needs to scratch Lucic for a game? Maybe that will get Lucic's fire back. He is playing like he doesn't give a sh.t. It's so frustrating watching him skating around like he doesn't have to hit or score. It's sad with Pallie and Thornton have more goals then Lucic. BENCH LUCIC FOR A GAME CJ!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Problem is JW a whole lot of teams still in playoff hunt.. I think this year's trade deadline is going to be non eventful... PC, like most GM's will find that player values will be high if teams are willing to deal,  just because no team is really out of it, well except Florida..... Honestly, without taking pieces off the first two lines  PC does not have a lot to offer for a name player... so expect that often used term - depth player to compliment our group..

If the deadline really is going to be a non-event then it is not actually a sellers market is it?

But seriously I understand your point. However, there are at least half a dozen teams right now that are sinking or completely out of it (TB, FLA, PHi, CGY. COL, Edm) and more on the way out as we speak. Surely something can be had. Ultimately it is the GM's job to improve a team and PC really has done next to nothing to do so since 2011. At some point excuses have to go by the wayside and action needs to be taken.

Just my opinion though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Desperation kicks in down 3 goals in the 3rd...yeh that Kudo really screwed up. Pathetic -

No way... collapses to Washington and Pittsburgh were worse than this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:

Does anyone else agree that CJ needs to scratch Lucic for a game? Maybe that will get Lucic's fire back. He is playing like he doesn't give a sh.t. It's so frustrating watching him skating around like he doesn't have to hit or score. It's sad with Pallie and Thornton have more goals then Lucic. BENCH LUCIC FOR A GAME CJ!

Something's gotta give.  I'll tell you this:  He better not dress Lucic and Horton and bench them for the game!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I have the same sentiment about Bruins getting anything in trades with any impact for the reason(s) you have stated . To add to the term he'll also say the price was too high . It's just not in Chiarelli's DNA to blow it up and risk tomorrow for today.

On another note I bet Pens get Igilna.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:

Not yet.  I would wait and see how they react , play the next 2 games. Those are crucial, if you cannot get up to playing a team you just lost against, a rival and the Habs then something has to give .  Either one of them (Lucic or Hortin) get scratched or line demotions will begin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And you still don't get paid to write about or scout hockey LoL!

How is that relevant?  You're having bunch of fun with yourself, taking sad pot shots at me.  If you are against my position that Bartkowski is a bum, tell me why he isn't.

Coming from someone who said Peverley is a top 6 forward anywhere, I don't care about your opinion of Bartkowski. Your mad caus you have had your a** handed to your for years on BDC cause you are a C***!

Enjoy this thread, SanDog, you pitiful liar.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/bruins/on-the-front-burner/i-really-hate-to-do-this/100/6586263 

posted at 2/24/2013 9:28 AM EST

Not-A-Shot
        First: 12/30/2009
        Last: 3/23/2013

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said."

Ahh yes he did

"The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Does that say, "anywhere in the league"?

Nope.

What a fraud.

What a liar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not-A-Shot

"But now scoring depth projects a higher line of player than a third- or fourth-line player," he said."

Ahh yes he did

"The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so you can't find it?

Exposed. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Quote: Something's gotta give.  I'll tell you this:  He better not dress Lucic and Horton and bench them for the game!

I saw "that game" it was against the Leafs (probably why you brought it up). I kept saying " hey, I haven't seen Neely- where is he" stuck to the bench. brutal game and a brutal loss to the Leafs. You're right -that can't happen again

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Not-A-Shot

Ahh yes he did

"The B's third line players are second line players elsewhere"

And you probably yelled "I got him!" in your crummy apartment LOL!!!

Sections
Shortcuts