Bruins v Leafs playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Bruins v Leafs playoffs

Bruins can beat any team in the NHL... IF they understand that they're never going out skill anybody or win from their superior play in the neutral zone.

They will win when they simply grind their opponents into the ice and play with bad intentions.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

lose a series after being up 3-0 is a fiasco

Whoooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares!

They won the Cup the following year. 

but not with Rask. and that was my point.

Great point, I can now add you to the legion of Bruins fans that know nothing about teams sports and blame Rask for the Philly 2010 series.

couldn't you have used another term..yeeessh

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Bruins can beat any team in the NHL... IF they understand that they're never going out skill anybody or win from their superior play in the neutral zone.

They will win when they simply grind their opponents into the ice and play with bad intentions.

This doesn't put the puck in the net. This team needs to find the twine more then they've been doing.

Playing with bad intentions is great but it doesn't win games if you still can't score.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

This doesn't put the puck in the net. This team needs to find the twine more then they've been doing.

Playing with bad intentions is great but it doesn't win games if you still can't score.

No doubt about it ...I just believe that they find their offense from their aggression. When their opponents start looking over their shoulder to see who's coming, it leads to opportunites. Doesn't work for everyone, but it's the way this team is built and I really don't think anyone can has an answer for what they can bring, IMO -

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

According to Fluto, the Dog is on the third line with Kelly & Jagr, Peverly to the 5th......interesting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Great post, Chowda.

We should absolutely come out looking to out-skill.  Sure, play physical and grind along the way.  But focus on the hockey first and the physicality second.  Be physical within the context of the game, dont put yourself out of position looking for a big hit. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

lose a series after being up 3-0 is a fiasco

Whoooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares!

They won the Cup the following year. 

but not with Rask. and that was my point.

Great point, I can now add you to the legion of Bruins fans that know nothing about teams sports and blame Rask for the Philly 2010 series.

not blaming Rask. and i am not playing psychiatrist but i have a right to be concerned how he will play under playoff pressure after being part of a team collapse. that being said i expect the Bruins to beat the Leafs in 5 or 6 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

The point I'm making is that we ALL want the Bs to not only win this series but the whole darn thing.  I personally like to temper my feelings about being overconfident because there is parity in this league.  Then, it makes winning much more thrilling.  Like 2011 - 3 of 4 of those series were absolute nailbiters. The thrill of winning a Game 7 - especially in OT - is a great, cathartic moment.   That Cup was SO earned; 25 games to win it.

So, you're rather spread bad will or neutral will in an effort to feel better about a victory?  Instead of that, how about spreading good will and leaving all of the impartial B.S. behind...at least for the playoffs?

We don't want to read junk about the B's.  Go be neutral on NHL.COM or where ever.  This is the B's board.  Our over-confidence won't affect the gameplay at all.  Let's be happy and excited!

BRUINS IN 4!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I am excited about this.  This is a better matchup for me for this year over anyone else, Habs included.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This *should* be a sweep.

Kessel should get silenced by Chara.

The Leafs aren't hard to figure out.

4 straight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

4 straight.

Dont get overexcited....the BRUINS played very well tonight finally...but one game doesnt make the playoffs,,,Wade Redden ...a very nice surprise...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

4 straight.

Dont get overexcited....the BRUINS played very well tonight finally...but one game doesnt make the playoffs,,,Wade Redden ...a very nice surprise...

According to your prediction, Stanley, tonight should be the only game the Bruins win in the series. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

4 straight.

Stanley,

the B's will win this series. playing the Leafs is a great matchup. of course it figures that the only goal against a steady Rask was JVR the former Flyer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Stanley,

the B's will win this series. playing the Leafs is a great matchup. of course it figures that the only goal against a steady Rask was JVR the former Flyer.

Rask was very steady tonight indeed Jerry. Poor guy had already made 2 saves during the sequence before JVR cashed in. Happy to see it didn't seem to rattle him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

4 straight.

Stanley,

Rask was very steady tonight indeed Jerry. Poor guy had already made 2 saves during the sequence before JVR cashed in. Happy to see it didn't seem to rattle him.

Happy Indeed !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Before the game I bet 100 to win 500 on a sweep. Liking that bet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I am in trouble...I have a bet with 4everBruins....

ouch !!

pGO BRUINS !

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

4 straight.

You just might be the biggest fairweather fan of the bunch.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

4 straight.

You just might be the biggest fairweather fan of the bunch.

Or the biggest idiot

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

ouch !!

pGO BRUINS !

You don't get to say Go Bruins anymore Stanley. You abdicated that through all of your negative insane predictions.

Just leave please.

And if we win it all this year, don't you dare say you predicted it. You have predicted the opposite for months now. You have no credibility here, and never will again. Just leave.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

ouch !!

pGO BRUINS !

You don't get to say Go Bruins anymore Stanley. You abdicated that through all of your negative insane predictions.

Just leave please.

And if we win it all this year, don't you dare say you predicted it. You have predicted the opposite for months now. You have no credibility here, and never will again. Just leave.

I am the biggest BRUINS fan north of the border Red...I hope I am wrong in my prediction ...Imwas really happy to see the BRUINS play like the BRUINS. tonight..but I still dont believe that we will go far in the playoffs....but still :  GO BRUINS !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No you're not. I'm north of the border too Stanley, and you and your bi-polar ways don't even compare to me, and I'm nothing compared to other Bruins fans I know in Canada (most notably my brother whose home is painted black and gold, literally - black with gold/mustard yellow trim. Part of the reason he bought it was that his street address is #4 - he took that as a sign.)

If I'm a distant, distant, distant also ran for that title, it's absolutely disgusting to me for you to call yourself that.

You're a Bruins fan, I'll give you that. But you're cowardly and unloyal when it suits your current state of mind. NEVER call yourself the biggest Bruins fan north of the 49th. There are an easy dozen Canucks just on this one board alone more deserving of that title. I don't know if I'd even make that dozen - you CERTAINLY don't.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

^Hear hear

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Had a great time celebrating the Bs flicking of the switch last night. Nice to see Lucic rolling on as well.