Bruins v Leafs playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Bruins v Leafs playoffs

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Another reason I didnlt want to play the Leafs ...... Now Thornton plays the whole series.  Who sits ?   Daugevins, Soderberg, Horton ?

That's not a bad thing.  I would rather cement head risk injury over Trent Whitfield.  OK, maybe not Trent, but, um...  I don't know, anyone.

so who sits ?  Out of these 4 player 2 of them cannot play. 

Horton, Thornton, Daugevins , Soderberg.

Lineup:

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr

Seguin-Bergeron-Marchand

Peverley-Kelly- ?

Paille-Campbell - ?

You would be happy with Thorton in taking the spot of one of the 4 ?  

Again,  that's another reason why I didn't like playing the Leafs, 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

To me this series is about Reimer. Will he play like Holtby did against the Bs last year ?

I say no

I'm with you, San.  Especially because the Oompa Lufas won't play that same stack-the-deck defense in front of him to stymie the Bruins like the Caps did. 

Around here the word that I've heard used on several occassions in sports media to describe the events behind the Toronto blue line even in wins this year is "adventurous."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

New clean slate for some players who did not have their best season for whatver reason. Doesn't matter now, I expect to see a different Bruins team come wednesday night...That said, I almost wished the series started in Toronto, atmosphere will be nuts and the Bruins as we know are a different team when emotionally engaged.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

To me this series is about Reimer. Will he play like Holtby did against the Bs last year ?

I say no

I'm with you, San.  Especially because the Oompa Lufas won't play that same stack-the-deck defense in front of him to stymie the Bruins like the Caps did.  Around here the word that I've heard used on several occassions in sports media to describe the events behind the Toronto blue line even in wins this year is "adventurous."

The same could be said about the B's defence this year. I don't know if it was not enough practice time or what, but the team that makes the least mistakes and gets the better goaltending will prevail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Post game interviews .  They seem disappointed with their season, at least the way it ended and hoping for a new start for the playoffs. 

Pevs on B's not necessarily getting results in last stretch of games: "time to move on; start of a new season for everybody"

Peverley on facing Toronto in the first round: We know it's going to be a battle but it will be fun

Krejci on tonight: We're going to take the positives and that's about it; study Toronto's game and get ready for the playoffs

Seguin said there's a feeling of relief going into postseason after up and down season, but feels were building in final stretch

Coach speaking to media postgame, said "we have to turn the page on tonight's game" and move on to postseason

Thanks for this, Legion.  My feed stopped right after the game.  They sound ready to dump the regular season and get rolling in the high stakes games. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Post game interviews .  They seem disappointed with their season, at least the way it ended and hoping for a new start for the playoffs. 

Pevs on B's not necessarily getting results in last stretch of games: "time to move on; start of a new season for everybody"

Peverley on facing Toronto in the first round: We know it's going to be a battle but it will be fun

Krejci on tonight: We're going to take the positives and that's about it; study Toronto's game and get ready for the playoffs

Seguin said there's a feeling of relief going into postseason after up and down season, but feels were building in final stretch

Coach speaking to media postgame, said "we have to turn the page on tonight's game" and move on to postseason

Krejci, Peverly and Seguin giving interviews .. hilarious.. these guys need to look in the mirror and ask themselves what they can give of themselves to make this team better.. because these three have been failing for a long time if you ask me ..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

New clean slate for some players who did not have their best season for whatver reason. Doesn't matter now, I expect to see a different Bruins team come wednesday night...That said, I almost wished the series started in Toronto, atmosphere will be nuts and the Bruins as we know are a different team when emotionally engaged.

I'm hoping that emotional engagement comes from them and not the Leafs leading the hit parade, kel. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I say no

I think Reimer is a little better then Holtby, but the defense in front of him isnt as good as Holtby had. So i don't see Reimer doing what Holtby did last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

The same could be said about the B's defence this year. I don't know if it was not enough practice time or what, but the team that makes the least mistakes and gets the better goaltending will prevail.

I agree at times this year the Bruin play in their own end was sloppy.  I'm hoping the sloppiness ends and the adventure continues in blue 'n white, 50.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Thanks for the insight BsL...unfortunately we've heard CJ's reaction too many times this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Every time CJ steps to the podium Bob Seger should be playing over the speakers.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

teams have been down this road before. struggle a bit towards the end of season. playoffs start and become a different team. only time will tell.

i'm curious to see how Rask plays. hopefully the 2010 playoff fiasco is behind him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I agree the slate is clean. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

I wish we had super idiot Kessel , rather than that person wearing a #19 jersey and posing as a #2 pick ... have you watched him evolve as a player this year? 

Yes.  Yesterday alone, he made three plays on the backcheck that Kessel would never have made.  He's still pressing at the offensive end - he needs to round out his bag of tricks - but he has evolved and will continue to evolve.  Remember Idiot Kessel in his third year was pretty much a one trick pony. Now he's what, a one and a half trick pony?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krejci, Peverly and Seguin giving interviews .. hilarious.. these guys need to look in the mirror and ask themselves what they can give of themselves to make this team better.. because these three have been failing for a long time if you ask me ..

We didn't ask you.  Of course, that hasn't stopped you from posting the same thing 25 times.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Legion - the battle of Karlsson vs. Subban will be very entertaining, and with Anderson in net for Ottawa, no one is going to run them out  of the building.  Ottawa could very well upset the Shabs if Chris Phillips isn't out for long.

There's no guarantee that the Bruins face the Pens in round two if they do manage to beat the Laffs.  Tavares and the Islanders have something to prove, and the spectre of David Volek on their side.  More likely is Ottawa or the Rangers pulling an upset of their own, which would mean Bruins vs. Mtl or Washington in round two, or, if they both pull it off, the Bruins would get the Rangers.

Soderberg has done very little to deserve to start a playoff game over soemone who has been in Boston all year.  Notice that the record since he arrived is worse than it was when Caron was in, which is in turn worse than when they had Chris Bourque.  Horton with Kelly and Peverley might work, actually, but I think you'll see Jagr there, Horton with Lucic and Krejci to start, and Thornton for the first couple of games at least.

2010 "fiasco" - Worst offensive season ever; Rask outplays Miller in the first round, and the Bruins find ways to score against a Vezina calibre net-minder.  Reimer is no Miller.

Bouncy the Skating Clown is leading the league in playoff scoring as of today.  Sometimes, you just have to drop the anchor that is the statistical record of a long year to refresh the brain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh yeah, one last thought about the Laff matchup.  Could the pride of shutting down Kessel be just what the Dr. ordered for Chara to raise his game?  A good series vs. the Laffs be the tonic needed to get the Bruins to start playing with some confidence?

I'm looking for Seguin to have a huge series against Toronto - he seems to love beating Toronto.  Lucic too, for that matter.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

All things considered, pretty decent draw for the B's.  They were 3-1 against the Leafs in the regular season, and in the loss they out-shot them 33-13.

Season Series:

Goals: B's 9-7

Shots: B's 121-86

PP's: Leafs 11-7

Special Teams (season):

PP%: Leafs 18.7% to 14.8%

PK%: Leafs 87.9% to 87.1%

B's will need to find their game to beat a solid Leafs team, but a team that they handled pretty well during the year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I wish we had super idiot Kessel , rather than that person wearing a #19 jersey and posing as a #2 pick ... have you watched him evolve as a player this year? 

Wow.  Have you ever got blinders on.

One thing is that Seguin is still evolving as a player, Kessel's 'evolution' was done by his third year.  He is still the same player now as he was then.

Seguin is still maturing, Kessel's maturity level stopped ages ago.

Second thing - check Kessel's playoffs stats, he scored most all of his goals against earlier easier opponents and vanished for the Canes series.

Seguin has scored some goals in the playoffs when the going wasn't against a push over team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

How can someone possobly think that the Bruins can win against the Leafs ???

Bruins have lost 7 out of their last 9 games ..every single games was a MUST win ti finish ahead of the Scabs...the only 2 wins came against Panthers and TB ...there is not a chance in the world that the Bruins can win 4 of their next 7games ...

LEAFS in 5 

Sorry guys but our team need a major makeover ...its over for this season and if PC doesnt make a blockbuster trade this summer...forget next season as well ...Bruins management prefer to hire oldies like Pandolfo instead of giving the chance to talented players like the ones we have in Providence ...go figure 

Sections
Shortcuts