Re: Bruins v Leafs playoffs
posted at 4/29/2013 9:16 AM EDT
In response to BadHabitude's comment:
Hey Bad Hab, I see your love for Phaneuf and Kessel continues. Actually they have both been great for the leafs, for the most part, this year. Kessel is the 1st player since Gilmour to finish 10 ten in scoring two years in a row. He's actually turned into a very good play-maker as well as scorer.
The way I see it, both the Bruins and the Leafs have been less then stellar to end the season. The leafs are allowing way too many shots and haven't been crisp offensively.
The keys of in the series
1. Reimer vs Rask. Will Reimer continue to play well or fold under hist 1st playoff experience? I always thought Tim was clutch in the playoffs and the main reason the Bruins won their last cup, IMHO. Will be interested to see how Rask does. Advantage Bruins
2. Bergeron. If he's healthy, the Lea\fs have no one to match up and his line will neutralize the Kessel line when the Bruins get last change at home. If Bergeron is completely healthy this is a big advantage Bruins. If not, it may be a wash.
3. Marchand versus Kadri. Both are similiar in that they get under the skin of the other team. Kadri is a playmaker, Marchand is a scorer. Both can be rats. I give edge to Marchand here with his past experience, but Kadr is a wildcard.
4. Physicality. Both teams should be able to bring that to the table. Bruins have out-muscled the Leafs in the last couple of years. I think the Leafs can hold their own now.
5. Goal Scoring. Edge to Leafs
6. Defense - Huge edge to the Bruins
7. Special Teams. I give edge to the Leafs who have really improved their PK (3rd in the league I think) and decent on the PP. Not sure why bruins BB continues to be brutal. They have the players.
8. Phaneuf versus Chara. I'm a big Chara fan. Both players play huge minutes against the other team's top player. Chara, when on, is the best shut-down dman by far. However, the last few games I've seen Chara play he really looks off his game. Is he hiding an injury?
Prediction. If Bergeron is healthy I say Bruins in 5 or 6 games. If Bergeron is not, I think it will go 7.