Bruins v Leafs playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins v Leafs playoffs

"2010 "fiasco" - Worst offensive season ever; Rask outplays Miller in the first round, and the Bruins find ways to score against a Vezina calibre net-minder.  Reimer is no Miller."

And the Leafs give up allot more shots than Buffalo as pointed out by Crowles. Peverley hasn't earned his spot in the playoffs and shouldn't start.

Anyone who wants to get Seguin for his offensive zone decesion I am with them as it has been terrible. He is still shying away from physical contact during one on one battles, which an absolute joke 3 years in. Tyler has been a big pu Z Z y along the half wall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm really not convinced the Bruins will beat the Leafs.  I would have been more confident with the Islanders.

Montreal will eat the Sens alive .  

This should be fun.

I

Actually, I'm more confident of the Bruins v the Leafs more than the Sens or Islanders, no kidding.

With super idiots like Phaneuf and Kessel, it's one of those teams that can snag defeat from the jaws of victory...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

One thing about the Bruins is they have been amazingly consistent at being inconsistent. Every game looking eerily like the last. Good spurts, mind-numbing lags in concentration and desire. No goals.

If you can laud a 'system' when its working, when you're winning and convincingly. You have to be equally able to renovate it when you're losing and when your losing has become, well, 'systemic'.

(What's the point of line-matching against the other team when you've decided to make all your lines ...equal? When your lines adhere to a wedding dress' criteria; 'something old, something new, something borrowed..."

It's the Playoffs. Julien has to get out of the way a little bit. Let the hockey players play hockey as it were, let them let the kid in them out. They know what to do - they all FEEL what they have to do. If they don't, they lose. No amount of coaching can create or change that

Don't overthink it Claude. This isn't football or baseball. Play your best athletes. (Hamilton, Soderberg YES - Daugavins NO WAY! NO MORE! ).

Open and close the bench door, Coach. Let em run.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey Bad Hab, I see your love for Phaneuf and Kessel continues.  Actually they have both been great for the leafs, for the most part, this year.  Kessel is the 1st player since Gilmour to finish 10 ten in scoring two years in a row.  He's actually turned into a very good play-maker as well as scorer.

The way I see it, both the Bruins and the Leafs have been less then stellar to end the season.  The leafs are allowing way too many shots and haven't been crisp offensively.

The keys of in the series

1. Reimer vs Rask.  Will Reimer continue to play well or fold under hist 1st playoff experience? I always thought Tim was clutch in the playoffs and the main reason the Bruins won their last cup, IMHO.  Will be interested to see how Rask does.  Advantage Bruins

2. Bergeron.  If he's healthy, the Lea\fs have no one to match up and his line will neutralize the Kessel line when the Bruins get last change at home.  If Bergeron is completely healthy this is a big advantage Bruins.  If not, it may be a wash.

3. Marchand versus Kadri.  Both are similiar in that they get under the skin of the other team.  Kadri is a playmaker, Marchand is a scorer.   Both can be rats.  I give edge to Marchand here with his past experience, but Kadr is a wildcard.

4. Physicality.  Both teams should be able to bring that to the table.  Bruins have out-muscled the Leafs in the last couple of years.  I think the Leafs can hold their own now.

Even

5. Goal Scoring.  Edge to Leafs

6. Defense - Huge edge to the Bruins

7. Special Teams.  I give edge to the Leafs who have really improved their PK (3rd in the league I think) and decent on the PP.  Not sure why bruins BB continues to be brutal.  They have the players. 

8.  Phaneuf versus Chara.  I'm a big Chara fan.  Both players play huge minutes against the other team's top player.  Chara, when on, is the best shut-down dman by far.  However, the last few games I've seen Chara play he really looks off his game.  Is he hiding an injury?

Prediction.  If Bergeron is healthy I say Bruins in 5 or 6 games.  If Bergeron is not, I think it will go 7.

Cheers

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Wow.  Have you ever got blinders on.

One thing is that Seguin is still evolving as a player, Kessel's 'evolution' was done by his third year.  He is still the same player now as he was then.

Sorry, BabHab.  Not true.  Kessel has evolved into a great playmaker along with maintaining his goal scoring.  Top 10 two years in a row without the benefit of a Bergeon playing center.

Seguin is still maturing, Kessel's maturity level stopped ages ago.

Kessel is a leader on the Leafs.  Not sure how you define maturity.  Seguin is not mature yet.  Still says and does stupid things that young guys with lots of money do.  Next year will be a good indicator of Seguin's evolution.

Second thing - check Kessel's playoffs stats, he scored most all of his goals against earlier easier opponents and vanished for the Canes series.

All that is relevent is Kessel's playoff stats as a Leaf.  Oh....sorry we don't have any yet.

Seguin has scored some goals in the playoffs when the going wasn't against a push over team.

Both Kessel and Seguin are soft any way you slice it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bruins in 5....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

LRH

We are going to have fun over the next couple of weeks.

I promise you that.

A win for the Leafs would be epic

A valiant Leaf effort in 7 or maybe 6 and leafs fans can hold their head high.

And a Bruins sweep with Kessel and Phaneuf humiliation would be fun and sweet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

This is the one team in the conference that I think we will beat in the 1st round. But the way we're playing right now we might even lose to the Leafs. Hopefully we find our game early in this series.

Bs in 6

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Bruins in 6. I think the Leafs are a great match up for the B's. This is the type of series that can wake them up. It'll be physical and that's where the B's have been lacking lately. When they play their physical style, everything else seems to fall back into place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to LoveRealHockey's comment:

7. Special Teams.  I give edge to the Leafs who have really improved their PK (3rd in the league I think) and decent on the PP.  Not sure why bruins BB continues to be brutal.  They have the players. 

Unfortunately for us, referring to the Bruins' power play as a BB gun is probably accurate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

LRH

We are going to have fun over the next couple of weeks.

I promise you that.

A win for the Leafs would be epic

A valiant Leaf effort in 7 or maybe 6 and leafs fans can hold their head high.

And a Bruins sweep with Kessel and Phaneuf humiliation would be fun and sweet.

Yes on all observations, BadHab.  Look forward to the back and forth as we watch the games.

P.S. I'd be happy if the Leafs can win 2 games.  Still a young team and not in the Bruins league right now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Would love for the Bruns to win in 5 but I really think this is going 7 games.   Of course I'm basing myself on the team we just saw in the season. If the Bruins sort out putting the puck in the net will this series be short.

Bruins did not dominate the Leafs this season as they did last and besides losing 1game they were all close games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Wow.  Have you ever got blinders on.

One thing is that Seguin is still evolving as a player, Kessel's 'evolution' was done by his third year.  He is still the same player now as he was then.

Sorry, BabHab.  Not true.  Kessel has evolved into a great playmaker along with maintaining his goal scoring.  Top 10 two years in a row without the benefit of a Bergeon playing center.

Seguin is still maturing, Kessel's maturity level stopped ages ago.

Kessel is a leader on the Leafs.  Not sure how you define maturity.  Seguin is not mature yet.  Still says and does stupid things that young guys with lots of money do.  Next year will be a good indicator of Seguin's evolution.

Second thing - check Kessel's playoffs stats, he scored most all of his goals against earlier easier opponents and vanished for the Canes series.

All that is relevent is Kessel's playoff stats as a Leaf.  Oh....sorry we don't have any yet.

Seguin has scored some goals in the playoffs when the going wasn't against a push over team.

Both Kessel and Seguin are soft any way you slice it.

Bang on LRH.  Nice to see some objectivity.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods's comment:

This is the one team in the conference that I think we will beat in the 1st round. But the way we're playing right now we might even lose to the Leafs. Hopefully we find our game early in this series.

Bs in 6

"We?"  Crap!  I'm not in shape for this - we're screwged.  Here come all the media Fat Bookboy comments.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

P.S. I'd be happy if the Leafs can win 2 games.  Still a young team and not in the Bruins league right now.

Bruins have not been playing that well recently, hopefull they can get their backsides and heads wired together, if they revisit what they were like earlier this season they're a formiddable challenge for any team.

Komisarek isn't playing, that's a big plus for the Leafs, I could always depend on him for an idiotic penalty, turnover or to be Lucic's punching bag.

I want the Bruins to win every game, any loss will bother me, and if the Leafs take the series I'm going to die.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

"We?"  Crap!  I'm not in shape for this - we're screwged.  Here come all the media Fat Bookboy comments.

You? Me!  Fat Lucic looks positively chiseled next to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

Bruins in 6. I think the Leafs are a great match up for the B's. This is the type of series that can wake them up. It'll be physical and that's where the B's have been lacking lately. When they play their physical style, everything else seems to fall back into place.

I'm thinking along the same lines.  Right now, the Bruins are sleepwalking.  You know what it's not a good strategy to do?  Poke a sleeping bear.  But I fully anticipate Carlyle drilling it into his team: show them who the new bully is.  At that point, one of two things happens - either the Bruins wake up and play the kind of hockey they have often played in physical series, or they get pre-occupied with who the bigger bully is and forget to win the series. I'm leaning on the former.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/04/bruins-maple_le.html

The NHL announced the playoff schedule on NHL Network Sunday night. The Bruins-Maple Leafs first-round series goes as follows:

Game 1: Wednesday at Boston, 7 p.m.
    Game 2: Saturday at Boston, 7 p.m. 
    Game 3: May 6 at Toronto, 7 p.m. 
    Game 4: May 8 at Toronto, 7 p.m.
    Game 5: May 10 at Boston, 7 p.m.-x
    Game 6: May 12 at Toronto, TBA-x
    Game 7: May 13 at Boston, TBA-x
    All games on NESN. Games 1-2 also on CNBC, Games 3-4 also on NHL Network.
    x-if necessary

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from diz420. Show diz420's posts

What fun.

What I want to see - Bruins sweep.

I will die if they lose 

Get started on your obituary...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to diz420's comment:

Get started on your obituary...

show some respect for the dead.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

The only good thing about meeting the Leafs  (a team whom we should beat handedly), is ~  if we don't ....... then some on this board among others will get their wish of wholesale changes, BET ON IT.-Jaymiller

I agree jay, and I hope Clode and his sidekick Geoff Ward lead the way.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to thefly8's comment:

Pp in the series will be 4-1 for the leafs, not that it matters if the bruins get one or not. 

Agree with you there Bruin penalty killing,better get back to what it was,or could be short series for Bruin's.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I wanted this matchup and happy to see it happen as I believe it will be a catalyst for them in finally getting into gear and making a good playoff run. And like others have said here, I believe it will come down to how plays better D (goaltender included!). Almost always comes down to this. Big advantage to the Bruins in this category.....if they play their game.

The fun part is heading out to the local Buffalo Wild Wing to cheer on the Bruins.......in the middle of Leaf land!

For those B,lievers out there, enjoy what should be a good start to the 2013 Cup run.

And for fellow poster Stanley, sorry you'll have to stop posting for the rest of the playoffs soon. Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Have no idea how this series will go,have no idea which Bruin team will show up,if the Bruin team is the one that has been playing the last 20 games or so,don't think Bruins will win this series