Bruins v Leafs playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Bruins v Leafs playoffs

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Forget the regular season. The Bs are almost injury free now and they'll have had time to regroup and work their problems out. I can't see how they can lose to the Maple Laughs and their paltry play off experience.

Like the bruins in 6 !! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Sorry Stanley, I can't see your posts. I put you on Ignore, and it won't let me un-ignore you. 

Whad up with dat?

No problem ...I like your name ...Bobby Orr the greatest hockey player of all time

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sorry Stanley, I can't see your posts. I put you on Ignore, and it won't let me un-ignore you

Whad up with dat?

It's wonderful.  It totally prevents buyer's remorse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wonder if Kessels struggles against the Bruins will continue or he'll break out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Sorry Stanley, I can't see your posts. I put you on Ignore, and it won't let me un-ignore you

Whad up with dat?

I guess they got something right on this site rebuild. 

Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Yup!  I just tried to unignore some troll and I couldn't!

Awesome!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Why do people think Montreal will walk over Ottawa.  If we have learned anything about Ottawa its that they don't know how to quit.   They have the 2nd best rated Def in hockey and probably the best goalie going into the playoffs.   They have excellent def, hard working young fwds.  They lack a little scoring pwr but they have all year. 

As for the Leafs.  Not worried. 

Wish I had your confidence shupe -- Last year at this time -- quite a few with posts like "Why Bruins will sweep" and "We own the Caps". I was worried about Backstrom and Green coming back from injuries just in time. Leafs not same scenario but Kessel's been hot lately and Chara may not be the shut down guy he used to be for whatever reason. I'll try to remain cautiously optimistic. Go Bruins (and Sens and Caps).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"2010 "fiasco" - Worst offensive season ever; Rask outplays Miller in the first round, and the Bruins find ways to score against a Vezina calibre net-minder.  Reimer is no Miller."

And the Leafs give up allot more shots than Buffalo as pointed out by Crowles. Peverley hasn't earned his spot in the playoffs and shouldn't start.

Anyone who wants to get Seguin for his offensive zone decesion I am with them as it has been terrible. He is still shying away from physical contact during one on one battles, which an absolute joke 3 years in. Tyler has been a big pu Z Z y along the half wall.

lose a series after being up 3-0 is a fiasco

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jerrynewyork's comment:

Whoooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares!

They won the Cup the following year. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

but not with Rask. and that was my point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I wonder if Kessels struggles against the Bruins will continue or he'll break out.

If he does break out it'll be trouble for the Bruins. The need to be physical with him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

Why do people think Montreal will walk over Ottawa.  If we have learned anything about Ottawa its that they don't know how to quit.   They have the 2nd best rated Def in hockey and probably the best goalie going into the playoffs.   They have excellent def, hard working young fwds.  They lack a little scoring pwr but they have all year. 

As for the Leafs.  Not worried. 

Wish I had your confidence shupe -- Last year at this time -- quite a few with posts like "Why Bruins will sweep" and "We own the Caps". I was worried about Backstrom and Green coming back from injuries just in time. Leafs not same scenario but Kessel's been hot lately and Chara may not be the shut down guy he used to be for whatever reason. I'll try to remain cautiously optimistic. Go Bruins (and Sens and Caps).

Its not last year and we arent playing the caps.  We are playing a team with a rookie as the number one center, bozak is hurting and will be sore after game one.  they have a full team of self centered guys.  The bruins have dominated the leafs sunce kessel has been in leafland.  The bruins didnt play well down the stretch but neither did toronto.  The leafs home ice isnt an advantage.  Its poison.   

chara will shut down kessel bc he can.  Its going to be a physical series but i want orr/ mclaren on the ice.  We can remain physical and keep ST planted on the bench.  

im really not worried.  A great pk, a solid goalie, physical backend anchored by Z.  We will get to see a full lineup.  Jagr and Horton will be ready to go.   This is the best matchup we could have had.  I didnt want ottawa or the nyi.  

Should the bruins lose.  So be it.  I think its gonna be a 5 gm bruins victory.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Its not last year and we arent playing the caps.  We are playing a team with a rookie as the number one center, bozak is hurting and will be sore after game one.  they have a full team of self centered guys.  The bruins have dominated the leafs sunce kessel has been in leafland.  The bruins didnt play well down the stretch but neither did toronto.  The leafs home ice isnt an advantage.  Its poison.   

chara will shut down kessel bc he can.  Its going to be a physical series but i want orr/ mclaren on the ice.  We can remain physical and keep ST planted on the bench.  

im really not worried.  A great pk, a solid goalie, physical backend anchored by Z.  We will get to see a full lineup.  Jagr and Horton will be ready to go.   This is the best matchup we could have had.  I didnt want ottawa or the nyi.  

You have Thornton sitting on the bench.  Who doesn't play from the last lineup to make space for Jagr and Horton ?

I'm guess Daugevins and who else ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Big key will be the forwards coming back to help the D.  With Toronto's speed to contain we cannot fall behind and play catch-up hockey.  Get a damn lead for a change and play our style vs having to adapt.  Let the Leafs adapt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

You have Thornton sitting on the bench.  Who doesn't play from the last lineup to make space for Jagr and Horton ?

I'm guess Daugevins and who else ?

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

Kelly-Peverly-Jagr

Paille-Campbell-Thornton/Soderberg

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BsL

soder isnt playing neither is dog.  I dont think either will get in to start.  if horton is a no go i think soder gets in.  

Khl, bergies line, peverly/jagr/kelly, campy/st/paille.    I may flip flop paille for peverly.  But not for game one.  

Hamilton sits as well.  

I think everyone knows my thoughts on ST.   I would prefer Orr.  ST doesnt see the ice after the 2nd.   But that wont happen bc cj loves him.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

BsL

soder isnt playing neither is dog.  I dont think either will get in to start.  if horton is a no go i think soder gets in.  

Khl, bergies line, peverly/jagr/kelly, campy/st/paille.    I may flip flop paille for peverly.  But not for game one.  

Hamilton sits as well.  

I think everyone knows my thoughts on ST.   I would prefer Orr.  ST doesnt see the ice after the 2nd.   But that wont happen bc cj loves him.  

Fair.  Soderberg just hasn't done enough to warrant a spot.  With the team struggling to score and fighting really not a factor in the playoffs I would have liked to have seen somebody else in that spot.  One of my reasons I didn't like playing the Leafs, they kind of force Julien's hand to play Thornton.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

BsL

Hamilton sits as well.  

Fair.  Soderberg just hasn't done enough to warrant a spot.  With the team struggling to score and fighting really not a factor in the playoffs I would have liked to have seen somebody else in that spot.  One of my reasons I didn't like playing the Leafs, they kind of force Julien's hand to play Thornton.

Trust me.  I don't want ST in the lineup.   Its impossible not to dress him unless we plan on turning the other cheek all series long.  I just hope he figured out how to do his job.  Instead of letting Orr skate around running people.  How about ST targets one guy all series(ie Phaneuf) and do everything but take a penalty against him.  

ST should never see the 3rd period.  EVER.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

You have so misfired on your assumption of who I am and how I feel about this team. I am merely pointing out to never look a gift horse in the mouth.  Analysis of a series should look both ways.  People have posted about Toronto's porous defense.  But, the fallacy of your argument lies in you  using 2011 to have a bearing on what happens this year.  Don't defend an assumption with another one.  See?  NO ONE knows what will happen.     

Life goes on if the Bs lose.  It very much does, with a so many thing way more important than the Bs.  

But thanks for calling me a "loser."  It's truly kind, thoughtful and respectful of you.  Cheers, good sir!

Or what?  What will happen if I am confident and boisterous about the B's first round games?  We've spent four months picking this team to death.  The playoffs are here.  If you can't enjoy this part of the season, why bother trying to enjoy any of it?

Let's go Boston!  B's in 4!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Trust me.  I don't want ST in the lineup.   Its impossible not to dress him unless we plan on turning the other cheek all series long.  I just hope he figured out how to do his job.  Instead of letting Orr skate around running people.  How about ST targets one guy all series(ie Phaneuf) and do everything but take a penalty against him.  

It would be nice if the skating clown would go out and be a skating clown.  Here's how it works:  Get on ice.  Find other skating clown.  Ask for permisson to drop gloves.  Get it.  Drop gloves.  Go sit in box.

Do that twice a game or until mind is eggy.

Thanks.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

It would be nice if the skating clown would go out and be a skating clown.  Here's how it works:  Get on ice.  Find other skating clown.  Ask for permisson to drop gloves.  Get it.  Drop gloves.  Go sit in box.

Do that twice a game or until mind is eggy.

Thanks.

Problem is Orr is a crazy clown.  Not a code clown.  He looks for blood, doesnt care who he gets it from.  He one punched Bourque in Montreal and laid a beating on Kaleta.  I love that in my clown.  Crazy Clowns dont let players get run.  ST asks if he meant to do it.  ST bounces up and down on bench really well.   Lets allow him to do that this series.  If Crazy Clowns get on the ice...I guess we can throw ST on.  BUT NEVER IN THE 3rd PERIOD!  EVER!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Problem is Orr is a crazy clown.  Not a code clown.  He looks for blood, doesnt care who he gets it from.  He one punched Bourque in Montreal and laid a beating on Kaleta.  I love that in my clown.  Crazy Clowns dont let players get run.  ST asks if he meant to do it.  ST bounces up and down on bench really well.   Lets allow him to do that this series.  If Crazy Clowns get on the ice...I guess we can throw ST on.  BUT NEVER IN THE 3rd PERIOD!  EVER!

LOL  did you get the crazy clown from a Seinfeld episode ... crazy clow Joe Davola

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Great point, I can now add you to the legion of Bruins fans that know nothing about teams sports and blame Rask for the Philly 2010 series.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sections
Shortcuts