Bruins v. Panthers (14/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bruins v. Panthers (14/03/13)

Here is Fluto's preview:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/03/game_25_panther.html

No lineup changes projected except for the likelyhood that Rask will start in nets. Will the other lines show up tonight or will Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin continue to pull an Atlas and do the heavy lifting? Will Pandolfo continue to get 11 minutes a night? Will Caron and Thornton continue to fight for the least number of shifts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bruins v. Panthers (14/03/13)

Just looking over some FLA stats and here's one that caught my eye:

GF-66  GA-101  DIFF- negative 35

Wow!! What the hell happened to this team? Was last season a mirage?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I think they were a pretty bad team when Weiss and Versteeg were actually in the lineup.  With those two out they have been a mess.  I think Tallon rode a few FA signings combined the bad-team/good-draft pick scenario for a year with what appeared to be progress.  But everybody overachieved last year and they stayed healthy.  Let's hope the Bruins don't play down to their level...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Yeah, I think they were a pretty bad team when Weiss and Versteeg were actually in the lineup.  With those two out they have been a mess.  I think Tallon rode a few FA signings combined the bad-team/good-draft pick scenario for a year with what appeared to be progress.  But everybody overachieved last year and they stayed healthy.  Let's hope the Bruins don't play down to their level...

I am surprised Dineen doesn't kick some a**. Perhaps he is and the team is unwilling or unable to respond.

Either way, this is a good time for the B's to play a team like this, coming off a diappointing loss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I am surprised Dineen doesn't kick some a**. Perhaps he is and the team is unwilling or unable to respond.

Either way, this is a good time for the B's to play a team like this, coming off a diappointing loss.

I would say 'unable'.  I'm not sure what an a** kicking would do there.  The roster looks terrible and some of the younger guys are certainly pulling their weight.  There is just a talent gap in practically every game they play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

No mercy tonight. Bruins 5-1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

McQuaid out ,Johnson in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jay Pandolfo-Rich Peverley-Jordan Caron

Wow, that's ugly.  Sure was better looking with Pouliot/Ryder and Kelly.

Can't expect the same result.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Mcquiad is out against fla as well, johnson will be in to replace him. I find it hard to believe that no one from prov has been brought up when we all know kelly likely is out for the rest of the season. Pandolofo and mcdermid are not the answer, unless they have a trade in the very near future bring up someone asap we have three games in four days, or is that just common sense. If we drop a game against either fla or was without getting at least OT pts then i say it was a wasted opp. to win the eastern conference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Jay Pandolfo-Rich Peverley-Jordan Caron

Wow, that's ugly.  Sure was better looking with Pouliot/Ryder and Kelly.

Can't expect the same result.

Better than inserting Macdermid in there.....which is kind of sad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Mcquiad is out against fla as well, johnson will be in to replace him. I find it hard to believe that no one from prov has been brought up when we all know kelly likely is out for the rest of the season. Pandolofo and mcdermid are not the answer, unless they have a trade in the very near future bring up someone asap we have three games in four days, or is that just common sense. If we drop a game against either fla or was without getting at least OT pts then i say it was a wasted opp. to win the eastern conference.

I agree Pandolfo not the answer,why not give Spooner a chance or someone else in Providence a chance,i thought that was what farm team was for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I like johnson in, not because of mcquaid but this guy is a good dman. I think the poor kid who suffered the loss in the penguins game should get the start in net but with back to backs this weekend might get another start saturday,

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Just looking over some FLA stats and here's one that caught my eye:

GF-66  GA-101  DIFF- negative 35

Wow!! What the hell happened to this team? Was last season a mirage?

next worse diff is -15 for the Flames, a whole 20 goals ahead of them. This is a very bad team, but on the plus side they'll be in our division next year ;) (and if the Jets can make the playoffs, the Cats' awfulness will be a factor in that - a win-win for me)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Are you really complaining about Pandolfo when Thornton is still in the lineup?? I've indicated that Pandolfo was not the answer to a 3rd line sniper, but he sure is better at PK than Thornton, Lucic, Horton; and that skill can provide a respite for Bergy, Marchand, Kreji, Campbell and Paille when they need it. Now with McQ out, Claude is going with Johnson who has not been heard from, or played, since the beginning of January. Why not Krug who has been playing regularly and Has more speed ? Is this lack of decision because there may be a trade coming ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Are you really complaining about Pandolfo when Thornton is still in the lineup?? I've indicated that Pandolfo was not the answer to a 3rd line sniper, but he sure is better at PK than Thornton, Lucic, Horton; and that skill can provide a respite for Bergy, Marchand, Kreji, Campbell and Paille when they need it. Now with McQ out, Claude is going with Johnson who has not been heard from, or played, since the beginning of January. Why not Krug who has been playing regularly and Has more speed ? Is this lack of decision because there may be a trade coming ?

Have you been watching the fourth line play as of late they are producing. They on their own won a game last week? Pandolfo has not done anything on the ice in 5 games. I would not change a thing on the fourth line it is the third line I'd be willing to start moving around. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Panthers coach Kevin Dineen announced after his team's morning skate at TD Garden that forward Kris Versteeg will have season-ending knee surgery"

Johnson has done fine in his previous games not concerned. Perhaps PC is being cautious with Spooner as he missed a few weekends with an upper body injury.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Here's NHL.com preview of the game:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2012020391&navid=sb:preview

they have Kelly listed as questionable due to knee....lol!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No, they've got it right, jm - questionable because of knee, out because of broken freaking leg.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

No, they've got it right, jm - questionable because of knee, out because of broken freaking leg.

Now all three Panthers fans out there are half expecting to see Kelly on the ice....is a little actual reporting too much to ask....:)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Weaver appears to be out with an injury. Looks like Lucic is going to have to find someone else to hate.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Klaas's comment:

No mercy tonight. Bruins 5-1.

Yep.  I want them to remove that sourness from last game with a win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Weaver appears to be out with an injury. Looks like Lucic is going to have to find someone else to hate.....

Weaver's been out for a few games.  His replacement has been Nolan Yonkman thus far.  For those who don't know Yonkman:  He's a 6'6, 255lb bag of tampons.  This guy is truly terrible.

I hope you guys get to see Huberdeau put on a few moves.  He's really been awesome this year. 

Other Panthers that are fun to watch:  Matthias (trade for him!), Skille (works his butt off on every shift), Shore (playing fine for an AHL call up) and Gubranson (obviously)

Panthers that are not fun to watch:  Parros (100% useless), Mueller (the most impressive thing about him is his hair), Fleischmann/Goc/Kopecky (they're all the same guy and they're all very average, boring second liners).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Weaver's been out for a few games.  His replacement has been Nolan Yonkman thus far.  For those who don't know Yonkman:  He's a 6'6, 255lb bag of tampons.  This guy is truly terrible.

I hope you guys get to see Huberdeau put on a few moves.  He's really been awesome this year. 

Other Panthers that are fun to watch:  Matthias (trade for him!), Skille (works his butt off on every shift), Shore (playing fine for an AHL call up) and Gubranson (obviously)

Panthers that are not fun to watch:  Parros (100% useless), Mueller (the most impressive thing about him is his hair), Fleischmann/Goc/Kopecky (they're all the same guy and they're all very average, boring second liners).

I am familiar with Yonkman. I saw him play a few games back in the late 90"s when he was with the Kelowna Rockets. You always remember a name like that!! Big b*stard is what I remember. Big and useless.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I am familiar with Yonkman. I saw him play a few games back in the late 90"s when he was with the Kelowna Rockets. You always remember a name like that!! Big b*stard is what I remember. Big and useless.

Useless...absolutely.  I remember seeing him play for Portland against the Lock Monsters.  He's huge, but slow and slow.  And he's slow.

And he can't fight.

And he can't play defenese.

Sections
Shortcuts