Bruins v. Panthers (14/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Bruins v. Panthers (14/03/13)

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Although even if I don't live in Boston I'm thinking about getting season tickets at half that price . Sell them most of time on the web, give them to friends and of course I think I'll come down more often.

My season tix are $40 a piece. The Bs charge ~$65 for the seats for non seasons. Never have a problem selling my seats at that price point and think $40 is a reasonable price.

Yes, Jacobs is a business man but as long as he spends to the cap, I really don't care what else he does. I'll keep my tickets until I retire, nothing better than live playoff hockey.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

My season tix are $40 a piece. The Bs charge ~$65 for the seats for non seasons. Never have a problem selling my seats at that price point and think $40 is a reasonable price.

Yes, Jacobs is a business man but as long as he spends to the cap, I really don't care what else he does. I'll keep my tickets until I retire, nothing better than live playoff hockey.

Agree. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Should the Panthers even be in the NHL????

They look like they would have a rough time beating most AHL teams.

Injured:

Kulikov

Versteeg

Bergenheim

Jovonovski

Weiss

Theodore

Weaver

Upshall

Three of their best forwards, their #2, #3 and #5 defenseman and starting goalie.

Tough to compete when your IR looks like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Although even if I don't live in Boston I'm thinking about getting season tickets at half that price . Sell them most of time on the web, give them to friends and of course I think I'll come down more often.

Something the Maple Laughs haven't sniffed since 2004 but it didn't stop them from announcing on Tuesday that their tickets prices will hiked 2.5 per cent next year.  Think I heard they're already the most expensive in the league. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:

Should the Panthers even be in the NHL????

They look like they would have a rough time beating most AHL teams.

Injured:

Kulikov

Versteeg

Bergenheim

Jovonovski

Weiss

Theodore

Weaver

Upshall

Three of their best forwards, their #2, #3 and #5 defenseman and starting goalie.

Tough to compete when your IR looks like that.

Move them to quebec.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Something the Maple Laughs haven't sniffed since 2004 but it didn't stop them from announcing on Tuesday that their tickets prices will hiked 2.5 per cent next year.  Think I heard they're already the most expensive in the league. 

I don't see anything wrong with a 2.5% increase.  $100 tickets are now $102.50?  That's slower than inflation!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I still haven't heard one person tell me what the Bruins did in the second.  1-2-2?  Trap?  Left wing lock?  1-3-1?  :^)

Somewhere Lemaire has a big Ol smile :D

In tribute to a particular member of the board, San.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I don't see anything wrong with a 2.5% increase.  $100 tickets are now $102.50?  That's slower than inflation!

True.  It was more in reference to nrguy at least getting value for his money being able to watch a bonafide contending playoff team.   The Leafs may not make it in this year.  Next year, who knows?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

OK save the predictable "but their record is..." comments.

I want to see this team play a strong game and win, against either Washington, Pittsburgh, or both.

Not because they are the next 2 opponents (thats conincidental). Because the Bs have absolutely stunk out loud against the Caps and the Pens for YEARS now, regardless of anyone's record.

Please. just win.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

OK save the predictable "but their record is..." comments.

I want to see this team play a strong game and win, against either Washington, Pittsburgh, or both.

Not because they are the next 2 opponents (thats conincidental). Because the Bs have absolutely stunk out loud against the Caps and the Pens for YEARS now, regardless of anyone's record.

Please. just win.

So, winning 10 of 13 games isn't enough.  They now must beat these two specific teams for you to be happy with them.

Is there a particular score you'd like to see to help you feel better about this awesome club?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

People need to relax as they say you are what your record says you are And the bruins

are a very good team that have not yet played there best hockey. They have shown

when they are on top of there game they can beat anybody.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

The Bruins are in great shape with their record. No panic, just continue to focus on playing their game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to tiazac's comment:

I don't think that was me.  I'm new  to this forum

Are you that stupid?  Look to the left of your post.  Where it says your account has been active since April 2011.  Now click on your user name.  See how it takes us to every stupid thing you've said?  Almost all of them of the same "oh, the Bruins are terrible, it makes my heart ache" variety?

Fail. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In response to tiazac's comment:

I don't think that was me.  I'm new  to this forum

Are you that stupid?  Look to the left of your post.  Where it says your account has been active since April 2011.  Now click on your user name.  See how it takes us to every stupid thing you've said?  Almost all of them of the same "oh, the Bruins are terrible, it makes my heart ache" variety?

Fail. 

I'm guessing yes on that question Book.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Toronto, there's always next year.

It's got to be very painful right now to be a Leaf or a Leaf fan. On the one hand, you're still in the playoffs.  On the other, the Rangers and Jets are within two points and have games in hand. So you could be out before you take the ice again.  And the usual spring swoon is in full swing - 4-5-1 in their last 10, lost their last two.  Kessel's scoring and the team is losing.  Sounds familiar...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The two most expensive ticket prices in the league are for non-playoff teams, the Leafs and Jets (though they could both make it this year). The lowest I think is the Coyotes who have been in the playoffs  3 straight years. Ticket prices don't always correlate very closely to on ice success.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

In Toronto, there's always next year.

It's got to be very painful right now to be a Leaf or a Leaf fan. On the one hand, you're still in the playoffs.  On the other, the Rangers and Jets are within two points and have games in hand. So you could be out before you take the ice again.  And the usual spring swoon is in full swing - 4-5-1 in their last 10, lost their last two.  Kessel's scoring and the team is losing.  Sounds familiar...

Their answer...TRADE STECKEL!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to red75's comment:

The two most expensive ticket prices in the league are for non-playoff teams, the Leafs and Jets (though they could both make it this year). The lowest I think is the Coyotes who have been in the playoffs  3 straight years. Ticket prices don't always correlate very closely to on ice success.

Hope they move the coyotes in the next couple seasons. The gm there has done good work to put a great team on the ice year after year. And no one there appreciates it. They have one of the best crop of dmen in the league, a real hockey market would drool for a team like the coyotes.