Bruins v. Pens (12/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bruins v. Pens (12/03/13)

Should be a good one:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=417963#YourCallTop

No Malkin so Chara can concentrate on Crosby exclusively. "Red Light" Fleury in net. Norris favorite Letang on the back end. Cooke prowling the neutral zone.

Can't wait!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Bruins v. Pens (12/03/13)

Who starts for Bruins i really thought  Khudobin would have started last night,and Rask would have got Pittsburg

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Time for Ference to fight again.  Thought he lost to Neal last time and should beat him even with a big size disadvantage.  Good trade off for us in the box.

But, more importantly, worry about all of the firepower.  I don't have a great feeling about this one.  Afraid they'll be tired tonight, and complacent again, since they started terrible last night and ho-hum pulled out another win.  I'm fearing a bad effort and an opponent who will make them pay for it.  Hope I'm wrong.  C'mon Anton Vezzy-K...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Fluto thinks it may be Khudobin which seems the most likely scenario. Good thing Rask played last night, though. Without him they would have lost....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Fluto thinks it may be Khudobin which seems the most likely scenario. Good thing Rask played last night, though. Without him they would have lost....

How dare you??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

How dare you??

I calls em as I sees em.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Are the Bruins wearing kevlar socks for this game? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

RHO - ouch, not letting that one go eh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Should be mandatory anyway....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

RHO - ouch, not letting that one go eh?

lambda, we've read and heard about his turnaround but I think his past misdeeds will carry a lengthy stench of suspicion around him whenever he's involved in anything perceived as questionable. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

Should be mandatory anyway....

100% in agreement, jm. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I don't disagree, but I can't imagine a world where he would not only plan to go into the boards and cut the kids leg up but also manage to do it without looking. I think it was an unfortunate hockey play. I don't like him at all, Savard will always be his fault, but I can't find him at fault in that situation.

I also think they should be making kevlar socks mandatory.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Who starts for Bruins i really thought  Khudobin would have started last night,and Rask would have got Pittsburg

Should always start your #1 against a divisonal team if possible & beside CJ is usually fair in giving the goalie who comes off a shut-out the next start. Unless you have 2 #1's which the B's had the luxury of having with Rask & TT. Even then it's tough to take a guy coming off a goose egg & make him sit. Personally, I think Rask was great last nite & he should be given the start. He didn't allow that 3rd goal, which could've been a problem with the way Lehner has been playing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I don't disagree, but I can't imagine a world where he would not only plan to go into the boards and cut the kids leg up but also manage to do it without looking. I think it was an unfortunate hockey play. I don't like him at all, Savard will always be his fault, but I can't find him at fault in that situation.

Been done before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjiHD9pTgfQ

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

lambda,  all good points.  I think his dubious past preceeds him and will for some time.  He's only into the first year of his rehabilitation.  I mean, Zetterberg or Datsyuk go into the boards with Karlsson, same thing happens and it's seen as unfortunate but with much less of a distrustful gaze on it than with Cooke's involvement.  Fair to say?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In other news, Horton need to wake up.  

He's been playing like a stiff for about 7 games now.  4 goals in his last 17 (2 in 1 game against TB).

This is typical Horton....happens every year which is why he averages 25 goals and 50ish points a year, not 35+ goals and 70 points. Unfortunately he is no longer physical either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

All we need now is for Shupe to call Horton out for poor play. Nothing brings out the best in a player like Shupe's seal of disapproval.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kevlar socks.  Come on.  They aren't gonig to Fort Restrepo.  (awesome documentary for those who like war films)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Been done before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjiHD9pTgfQ

That's nowhere near the same play - Verbeek was looking at the leg the entie way, and clearly intentionally kicked him. Completely different play, as Verbeek wasn't even trying to play the body. I can't stand Cook but the hit on Karlsson was not a Verbeek move.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

"Not a Verbeek move" does not mean Cooke did not do the intentional jam on the top of the skate nonetheless.  What a gutless pu ckke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to red75's comment:

That's nowhere near the same play - Verbeek was looking at the leg the entie way, and clearly intentionally kicked him. Completely different play, as Verbeek wasn't even trying to play the body. I can't stand Cook but the hit on Karlsson was not a Verbeek move.

Didn't say it was. Just pointing out that some players are, in fact, depraved enough to willingly do such a thing. Whether Cooke is that type of person or not is up to individual opinion.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Didn't say it was. Just pointing out that some players are, in fact, depraved enough to willingly do such a thing. Whether Cooke is that type of person or not is up to individual opinion.

I can think of dozens of times that Cooke has deliberately tried to injure a player - Sundin, Millar, Sakic, Lecaviler, Savard, Lombardi, Ansimov, Smyth, Greene, Donovan, Auld, Kovalchuk, Del Zotto, Walker, Cole, Tyutin, McDonagh and the list goes on and on, so I get why someone wouldn't give him an inch of benefit of the doubt. I absolutely hate this punk and he should have been turfed from the league years ago. In this one particular play, yeah maybe he did it intentionally, but he's gotta have mad ninja assassin skills to be able to do it without even looking and get it into exactly the right spot.Cooke has showed before how skilled he is at being dirty so maybe it's possible, but I find it unlikely.

Should someone end his career though? I'd love to see it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I can think of dozens of times that Cooke has deliberately tried to injure a player - Sundin, Millar, Sakic, Lecaviler, Savard, Lombardi, Smyth, Greene, Donovan, Auld, Kovalchuk, Del Zotto, Cole and the list goes on and on, so I get why someone wouldn't give him an inch of benefit of the doubt. I absolutely hate this punk and he should have been turfed from the league years ago. In this one particular play, yeah maybe he did it intentionally, but he's gotta have mad ninja assassin skills to be able to do it without even looking and get it into exactly the right spot.Cooke has showed before how skilled he is at being dirty so maybe it's possible, but I find it unlikely.

Should someone end his career though? I'd love to see it.

If anyone obtained mad ninja assassin skills to do evil in the NHL I would wager it is Cooke...

Sections
Shortcuts