1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Re: Bruins v. Pens (12/03/13)

_

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They don't deserve a point except Anton. Terrible effort the whole game. Not even in the same city. 

Goal #2 is all Khudobin

Goal #3...well, it's a wrist shot from the faceoff dot with no screen.

Easy excuse eh NAS! Like the Bruins were even in this game. You'll win a lot on 16 shots. 

I feel like Rask would've made the save on all 3 goals tonight. 16 shots or not, the Bruins were putting on a clinic for most of that game. Khudobin is the reason I'm not so bitter right now because I know the Bruins can handle Pitt as long as they can get good goaltending. The winning goal went right through him for Jesus sake. Sorry, I guess I am still bitter.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I am sick of hearing this "ran out of gas" excuse.  They won what 65 in a row with a third period lead up to a year ago and now they blow more third period leads than since Jim Pettie played goal?

The team isnt that good. They get a lucky 2 goal lead and never ever blink at a scoring chance the rest of the game. They cant hold a lead against Buffalo, against Montreal, against Washington, against Pittsburgh? Surprise, the teams that always give the B's fits. Really, again with trying to sit on a lead since the 1st period? It works so well.

Yeah, they can squeak out the 1 goal wins against the dregs like Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg. I love the B's, but they arent anywhere near as good as their record says, no matter what Bill Parcells thinks.

The Bruins had a tremendous opportunity with Malkin out. They arent in Pittsburgh's league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yuck !  I'm just now watching the 2nd .  I only got to see the the 1st .  Seemed like midway thorugh the 1st the Pens picked up their game, got a couple of consecutive PPs and got momentum .

Weird how the Bruin lines can't click all at the same time.  One night it's Bergeron's line , the next it's the 4th line but Krejci's line has just died out.  Even Lucic is not hitting as much, seen too many times turning away from finishing a hit. Horton has disappeared.

And Dez, I felt Khubodin had to play last night and put your no1 goaltender against the best offensive team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Not in Pittsburgh's league?

They had a 2-0 lead on them with 7 minutes to go. Malkin or no Malkin, that's pretty damn good.

If you really don't think the Bruins are a legitimate team, then you probably ought to just give up on them then. Go troll the Celtics boards.

I suppose you're just going to throw out all the times that they've come back in the 3rd period, too then. You do realize that they're 9-1-1 in games where they're tied or losing going into the 3rd period, right? For every failure to hold a lead, they've had 2-3 comebacks.

I'll stand by the team that we've got. If they add a player, that would be fantastic. But I do trust that this team as it is has what it takes to make it through the playoffs. I truly believe that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I seem to remember a game back in the season when the B's ended up winning the Cup- they were up 2 goals on the Habs and allowed them back in the game. habs tie it up and then win in OT. I lost it. I was calling for Julien to be fired, for God to smite Jeremy jacobs- I nearly had a stroke. I could see all of those habs fans with there smug looks , singing ole ole. Even though I haven't lived in Quebec since '95 it still kills me when the habs win. I thought that was it- there was no way the Bruins were cup material. I was wrong of course. I'm gonna wait and see what happens in the playoffs and save my strokes/coronary for the games that matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm at 741 left in the 3rd and it's still 2-0. Bruins seem to be holding the fort , Khubodin still making saves and stopped about 30 shots this far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can't fullly blame Khubodin , I'll give him 1weak goal against.

I'de like to blame more the Bruins inability to great offense and yes Seids , that was bad.

in the end they lost that 1 point that would have put them 1st in the Conference.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Thanks for confirming u know zero about playing goal, both were great shots from the garden spot, blame Seidenberg for putting the puck on Sutter's tape with a minute and a half to go not Khudobin who was terrific the entire game ....sheesh 

I've been watching hockey for 30+ years.  Are you saying that I need to have actually played the position in order to determine if a goalie should have stopped a shot?  That's actually more stupid (or for you, stupidererer) than the people who say you have to have played the game in order to critique it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

I thought Pandolfo-Peverley-Caron played pretty well.  I'm not feeling the need for calling a player up.  Maybe play Seguin some at center, but it has to be the most offensively potent line possible.  Marchand and Horton I guess.

What exactly did they do well?  Please don't say "kept the Pens from scoring" as the fourth line did that also.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SoxFanInIL's comment:

I am sick of hearing this "ran out of gas" excuse.  They won what 65 in a row with a third period lead up to a year ago and now they blow more third period leads than since Jim Pettie played goal?

The team isnt that good. They get a lucky 2 goal lead and never ever blink at a scoring chance the rest of the game. They cant hold a lead against Buffalo, against Montreal, against Washington, against Pittsburgh? Surprise, the teams that always give the B's fits. Really, again with trying to sit on a lead since the 1st period? It works so well.

Yeah, they can squeak out the 1 goal wins against the dregs like Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg. I love the B's, but they arent anywhere near as good as their record says, no matter what Bill Parcells thinks.

The Bruins had a tremendous opportunity with Malkin out. They arent in Pittsburgh's league.

Why are the B's goals scored out of luck while the Pens goals are scored because the B's aren't that good?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to tiazac's comment:

In my opinion, the Bruins have played poorly in many games this season and are very lucky to have the record they do.  Every game they shut down the offense after 2 or 3 goals and try to coast the rest of the way. They won't win many more games playing this poorly.  Stop with the BS excuses - this team needs a wakeup and a shakeup.  Lucic and Horton are absolutely pitiful and should be demoted to the third or forth line.  I counted 13 turnovers from Lucic in the past 2 games and practically no physical play. 

Go cry somewhere else. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

In response to zamboni24's comment:

In my opinion, the Bruins have played poorly in many games this season and are very lucky to have the record they do.  Every game they shut down the offense after 2 or 3 goals and try to coast the rest of the way. They won't win many more games playing this poorly.  Stop with the BS excuses - this team needs a wakeup and a shakeup.  Lucic and Horton are absolutely pitiful and should be demoted to the third or forth line.  I counted 13 turnovers from Lucic in the past 2 games and practically no physical play. 

Agree -- Lucic is off his game as were many especially in the 3rd period tonight for whatever excuse one has but there are people who do observe for the sake of stats. Their take on the last 2 games regarding Lucic -- 1 GVA vs Sens and ZERO vs Pens. They may be understating but 13?

Someone can't count I guess.  Lucic frequently hands the puck back to the opposition. He had a great start to the season, but now seems lethargic and disinterested.  Fourth line has been much better than the Lucic-Horton combo for many games now

Your just not alowed to make negative comments,people on hear don't like it,all's perfect Bruins are 17-4,no issues at all

lol ! Been there before !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

But 90 per cent of the time, it won't happen...

I am 91% positive that you made that stat up.

OK, you really want to try to make the point that you have more chance to win by shooting less on goal ?? Go ahead...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yah I know -- Rose Colored glasses I guess.  Bruins have the potential to go far this year, but a few passengers that need to wake up or get off the bus.  Hopefully a couple of moves before the deadline can get us there.  As it stands, this team won't get it done.  

Also this Motto that 2 or 3 goals and then autopilot has to end.

As it stands, 29 out of 30 teams won't get it done.  Stanley Cup or Bust is an awful way to go through life.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

OK, you really want to try to make the point that you have more chance to win by shooting less on goal ?? Go ahead...

No where did I state that a team has a better chance of winning by shooting less.  To suggest that is just plain stupid.

Shots on goal is a stat.  The only stats that matter are "goals for" and "goals against".  No one ever won a game because they had more shots on goal.  Just ask Ron Tugnutt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

The fact that they lost doesn"t bother me,it's the way they loose,and the whey as soon as they get a couple goal lead they stop

You must really enjoy the skills competition during All-Star Weekend.  During the shootout, they actually award style points. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Good Gawd almighty NAS! Will you STOP! Let people vent for crying out loud. DO you always have to be right! Do you always have to have the last word on everybodies opinion! Did you not get laid the other nite?? Is that you're problem? Last nite was a brutal terrible hockey game played by Boston. It was disheartening to see them play with no heart! Just leave people be. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Good Gawd almighty NAS! Will you STOP! Let people vent for crying out loud. DO you always have to be right! Do you always have to have the last word on everybodies opinion! Did you not get laid the other nite?? Is that you're problem? Last nite was a brutal terrible hockey game played by Boston. It was disheartening to see them play with no heart! Just leave people be. 

If they B's played a brutal terrible game and lost to the highest scoring team by one goal, I'm going to start my parade plans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Second goal looked like Khudobin was caught off guard after the Seidenberg turnover, he was not set and didnt have the angle.

Third goal was from the top of the circle, nobody in front of him...Heck of a shot, but he has to make that save. It's him against the shooter.

Looked like the Bruins were content on sitting back, especially after killing off the 5 on 3..They seemed to think that was the game right there and Pittsburgh had other ideas. They just stopped hitting. Pittsburgh kept attacking and the Bruins stopped hitting and skating, and thats what happens. Too bad too, I thought Khudobin was terrific up to that point and that the Bruins did a good job holding Crosby in check.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Chef09's comment:

I seem to remember a game back in the season when the B's ended up winning the Cup- they were up 2 goals on the Habs and allowed them back in the game. habs tie it up and then win in OT. I lost it. I was calling for Julien to be fired, for God to smite Jeremy jacobs- I nearly had a stroke. I could see all of those habs fans with there smug looks , singing ole ole. Even though I haven't lived in Quebec since '95 it still kills me when the habs win. I thought that was it- there was no way the Bruins were cup material. I was wrong of course. I'm gonna wait and see what happens in the playoffs and save my strokes/coronary for the games that matter.

Bump

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey nite, are people also allowed to vent about the goalies?

Khudobin made a lot of nice saves, and I'll acknowledge that if he doesn't make the save on Kennedy for example, the Pens might have won by more.  But then I come back to NAS's smartassery that yes, it WOULD be hard to win without a goalie. In other words, that's his job.

The one thing about goalies I don't think you can ever fully avoid is that, in a situation where they're head up with a shooter from the dot or the top of the slot, no screen, and not a one-timer where the goalie has to track across...it's a one on one situation just like any other in sport.  If the guy beats you, you lost the one on one.  It's that simple.  You want your goalie to win most if not all of those. Khudobin got beat on one for the game winner.

I wrote above that Sutter's first goal was Fat Daddy leaving his man to go to the net.  Fat Daddy knew it, too - took it out on the back of the net.  And Seidenberg shoudn't have attempted that long diagonal pass, but the fact remains that Khudobin lost that one on one with Sutter.  He wears some of the blame.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm at 741 left in the 3rd and it's still 2-0. Bruins seem to be holding the fort , Khubodin still making saves and stopped about 30 shots this far.

Anton bailed the Bruins out more than once last nast night then gets blamed when one of his defenseman leaves him out to dry. Seidenberg owes Khudobin big time, not once but twice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

What exactly did they do well?  Please don't say "kept the Pens from scoring" as the fourth line did that also.

I was wondering the same thing.  Poor Peverley !  Pandolfo is just not worth unless you're really really stuck ! Bruins need some offense from other lines apart from Bergeron's line and Pandolfo is not the answer.  It's Trent Whitfield all over again!!

Sections
Shortcuts