Bruins v. Pens (12/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins v. Pens (12/03/13)

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Anton bailed the Bruins out more than once last nast night then gets blamed when one of his defenseman leaves him out to dry. Seidenberg owes Khudobin big time, not once but twice.

He bailed them out by...saving pucks?  Isn't that his purpose?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm at 741 left in the 3rd and it's still 2-0. Bruins seem to be holding the fort , Khubodin still making saves and stopped about 30 shots this far.

Anton bailed the Bruins out more than once last nast night then gets blamed when one of his defenseman leaves him out to dry. Seidenberg owes Khudobin big time, not once but twice.

agree SanDog,  I can maybe blame just one goal on him but then again even the best goalies (aka Thomas) will let one in .  Bruins team in front of him to blame for the loss IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I'm okay with the fact that your goaltender has to make the saves to bail out his team but last night it's just hard to place the blame just on your goalie, especially when your 3rd line is invisible, Krejci's line was on for 2 or the 3 goals and haven't produced much offensively , Seidenberg's awful giveaway (50/50 between he and Khobodin on blame).  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And it's the defensemen's job is to DEFEND to make sure the goalie doesn't have to bail them out! That's their purpose! Stop being a tool NAS! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think the point SDB is making, is that he had to make some HUGE saves.....several times.  Eventually, if you keep giving a team like the Pens enough quality scoring chances, they're going to pot some......as they did last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

good point about the krecji line- "minus men"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

I think the point SDB is making, is that he had to make some HUGE saves.....several times.  Eventually, if you keep giving a team like the Pens enough qualityscoring chances, they're going to pot some......as they did last night.

THAT IS HIS ONLY JOB!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

And it's the defensemen's job is to DEFEND to make sure the goalie doesn't have to bail them out! That's their purpose! Stop being a tool NAS! 

Since when does making a save equal a bailout?  His job is to make saves.  The team lost.  No one rescued anyone from anything. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

whose" job" is it to score? They took most of the night off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

People are all up on Khudobin's jock for "keeping them in the game".  His job is to make saves.  If he doesn't, the B's lose 31-2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

I think the point SDB is making, is that he had to make some HUGE saves.....several times.  Eventually, if you keep giving a team like the Pens enough qualityscoring chances, they're going to pot some......as they did last night.

THAT IS HIS ONLY JOB!

So blame Seids for his mistake(s)......he failed his job as well. Dobby bailed out the Bruins many times last night. Eventually he's going to get beat.....as ALL goalies do. That's my (and SDB's) point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

OK, you really want to try to make the point that you have more chance to win by shooting less on goal ?? Go ahead...

Now, you know the SOG stat can be misleading, right?

It is the quality of the shot not quantity of shots taken that create the better scoring chances and win games. SOG from the perimeter have a far less chance of going in that SOG from the slot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

...and the quality of Pittsburgh's SOG at the end of the game were high(resulting in 3 goals) even though the quantity of shots were low(3)...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Since when does making a save equal a bailout?  His job is to make saves.  The team lost.  No one rescued anyone from anything. 

we agree !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Defense, forwards, goalies, etc..the goal is to win. They didnt. Bruins stopped skating and hitting right after they killed off the 5 on 3 and Khudobin didnt make the saves they needed to win...Simple as that. Collectively they didnt do their jobs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to tiazac's comment:

In my opinion, the Bruins have played poorly in many games this season and are very lucky to have the record they do.  Every game they shut down the offense after 2 or 3 goals and try to coast the rest of the way. They won't win many more games playing this poorly.  Stop with the BS excuses - this team needs a wakeup and a shakeup.  Lucic and Horton are absolutely pitiful and should be demoted to the third or forth line.  I counted 13 turnovers from Lucic in the past 2 games and practically no physical play. 

Go cry somewhere else. 

I thought you said you were leaving,and not comming back?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Good Gawd almighty NAS! Will you STOP! Let people vent for crying out loud. DO you always have to be right! Do you always have to have the last word on everybodies opinion! Did you not get laid the other nite?? Is that you're problem? Last nite was a brutal terrible hockey game played by Boston. It was disheartening to see them play with no heart! Just leave people be. 

Thank you

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think the B's played terrible, especially the first 55 minutes. I think they did a real good job on Crosby who's been tearing up the scoresheet this year. Like I said, the B's stopped playing, but at some point you gotta give Pittsburgh credit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I don't think the B's played terrible, especially the first 55 minutes. I think they did a real good job on Crosby who's been tearing up the scoresheet this year. Like I said, the B's stopped playing, but at some point you gotta give Pittsburgh credit.

They didn't play good for 55 min. They tried to defend a lead for 55 min & it bit them hard! Getting 16 shots is only one word. Terrible! Blaming Khudobin is a cop out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

People are all up on Khudobin's jock for "keeping them in the game".  His job is to make saves.  If he doesn't, the B's lose 31-2.

Exactly what the score would've been if it wasn't for him!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

They didn't play good for 55 min. They tried to defend a lead for 55 min & it bit them hard! Getting 16 shots is only one word. Terrible! 

Exactly,i would blame it on them being tired,but this habit of sitting on leads is happening a lot,this year.and it's not the Bruin way

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Collectively they didnt do their jobs.  

This is correct but you can't fault a goalie when a defensman hands an offensive player an open look in the slot. Several Bruins defensman have left Khudobin dangling in the wind after crucial giveaways that allowed open looks for Pen fowards. The score would've beed 7-2 if Anton hadn't made some incredible saves.

Eh this will all be forgotten with some home cooking Thursday against the lousy Panthers.

PS. 2-0 leads are awesome!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Exactly,i would blame it on them being tired,but this habit of sitting on leads is happening a lot,this year.and it's not the Bruin way

What constitutes sitting on a lead?

I've seen the idea thrown around here for a while, and I'm not exactly sure what this is describing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is correct but you can't fault a goalie when a defensman hands an offensive player an open look in the slot. Several Bruins defensman have left Khudobin dangling in the wind after crucial giveaways that allowed open looks for Pen fowards. The score would've beed 7-2 if Anton hadn't made some incredible saves.

I don't blame the goalie on seeing eye shots from the point that come through screens.  I don't blame the goalie on one timer rockets.  I don't blame the goalie on odd man rushes.

I do blame the goalie when a clear view wrist shot from the circle beats him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I was going to answer you,but i noticed the button that lets me filter you,so goodbye,your right all goalies fault,Bruins playing perfect hockey,they got no issues

What constitutes sitting on a lead?

I've seen the idea thrown around here for a while, and I'm not exactly sure what this is describing.

Sections
Shortcuts