Bruins v. Pens (12/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins v. Pens (12/03/13)

Can't answer the question so you run away.

Classic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This is correct but you can't fault a goalie when a defensman hands an offensive player an open look in the slot. Several Bruins defensman have left Khudobin dangling in the wind after crucial giveaways that allowed open looks for Pen fowards. The score would've beed 7-2 if Anton hadn't made some incredible saves.

I don't blame the goalie on seeing eye shots from the point that come through screens.  I don't blame the goalie on one timer rockets.  I don't blame the goalie on odd man rushes.

I do blame the goalie when a clear view wrist shot from the circle beats him.

But he did bail them on plenty of these kinds of shots thru-out the game. So the B's could've been down instead of ahead. The Bruin's got burned making too many mistakes. Simple as that. Sure Anton could've had one or two of those goals, but it's wash because he already made up for those before that. So, to place all the blame on Anton is beyond ridiculous! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Exactly,i would blame it on them being tired,but this habit of sitting on leads is happening a lot,this year.and it's not the Bruin way

What constitutes sitting on a lead?

I've seen the idea thrown around here for a while, and I'm not exactly sure what this is describing.

See New Jersey Devils 1995 edition! You're being nothing but a total dic khead now NAS! You know exactly what it is. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Nite, people are blaming Seidenberg for that stupid pass too even though he played nearly 26 minutes, led the team in hits (4) and blocked shots (7), had an assist on the first goal, and that was his only giveaway all night.  They'd still be all over Lucic if he'd thrown 7 hits, scored 2 goals, and still let Sutter go on the backcheck leading to a goal.  Being good for the whole game and then losing a battle that leads to a loss = you get your share of the blame.  Khudobin could have made the save on that last goal.  There's no need for the goalie union to file a grievance.

Incidentally, the PP was 50% last night.  Why didn't the Bruins win?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Nite, people are blaming Seidenberg for that stupid pass too even though he played nearly 26 minutes, led the team in hits (4) and blocked shots (7), had an assist on the first goal, and that was his only giveaway all night.  They'd still be all over Lucic if he'd thrown 7 hits, scored 2 goals, and still let Sutter go on the backcheck leading to a goal.  Being good for the whole game and then losing a battle that leads to a loss = you get your share of the blame.  Khudobin could have made the save on that last goal.  There's no need for the goalie union to file a grievance.

I'm not filing anything! I just get so tired of people taking the easy way out! "Oh the B's lost, because the goalie sukked!" What about the bail out from Hamilton's gaffe, what about the save he made on the 2 on 1. Or on Kuntiz one-timer in the 2nd. The Bruin's were awful last night & the ONLY reason they had a chance was because AK was bailing them out! Then just because he allows a bad goal after he saved about 6 others where the B's were asleep. He's takes the heat! That's bullkief at it's finest! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

_

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

When was the last time a game day thread went into the next day here? I love the passion here.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@kluedeke29

"They kept coming, they kept coming and we didn't score one."- Anton Khudobin #prettymuch
    "

That's right Khudobin tell it like it is, cause your defense let them wlk right in!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

@kluedeke29

"They kept coming, they kept coming and we didn't score one."- Anton Khudobin #prettymuch
    "

That's right Khudobin tell it like it is, cause your defense let them wlk right in!

San, I don't know why you seem so passionate about this. I  felt like Khudo reminded me a lot of TT last night in that he made plenty of great looking saves while still allowing some stinkers. It's definitely not all his fault but better goaltending would've won that game. It had shutout written all over it.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Dez, considering the Bs played about 55 minutes in their own end, I'd say Khudo would've earned the star of the game if they miraculously pulled out a win.  If it were Bryzgalov, it would have been 6-2 thru 2 periods.  Khudo ain't perfect, but the D-play was basically telling him: "here, save our lazy butts."

He only faced 34 shots.  Why are people acting like this was, to reference it again, Tugnutt's Last Stand?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I'm not filing anything! I just get so tired of people taking the easy way out! "Oh the B's lost, because the goalie sukked!" What about the bail out from Hamilton's gaffe, what about the save he made on the 2 on 1. Or on Kuntiz one-timer in the 2nd. The Bruin's were awful last night & the ONLY reason they had a chance was because AK was bailing them out! Then just because he allows a bad goal after he saved about 6 others where the B's were asleep. He's takes the heat! That's bullkief at it's finest! 

Allowing a bad goal is sometimes the difference between a win and a loss. The game was still winnable up to that point. 

He played really good against the Pens........... for the majority of the game. But unfortunately for him, hockey games last 60 minutes or more. His good play between the pipes didn't.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Incidentally, you're not going to bring that idiocy up again are you?  First, you should have the capability of comprehending the fact that no one ever suggested a good PP "guaranteed" a win.  Second, why on earth would you ever be so stunned as to to regurgitate the fact that you perpetually, cluelessly argued such a fundamental truth.  Third, if you're going to sneak in arrogant, condescending, childish, misinformed statements, you'd be better served, sticking to topics that support your understanding of the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

He only faced 34 shots.  Why are people acting like this was, to reference it again, Tugnutt's Last Stand?

70 saves.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

ugh the passion thread. I love the smell of ignore in the morning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

@kluedeke29

"

San, I don't know why you seem so passionate about this. I  felt like Khudo reminded me a lot of TT last night in that he made plenty of great looking saves while still allowing some stinkers. It's definitely not all his fault but better goaltending would've won that game. It had shutout written all over it.

Dez, considering the Bs played about 55 minutes in their own end, I'd say Khudo would've earned the star of the game if they miraculously pulled out a win.  If it were Bryzgalov, it would have been 6-2 thru 2 periods.  Khudo ain't perfect, but the D-play was basically telling him: "here, save our lazy butts."

Clearly I watched a different game than you did. My tv doesn't even show the channel that some of you apparently watched. Players and coaches from both teams also described something much different than you just did. I don't know what to tell you other than it seems your post game reactions have been commonly over the top all year. Now is no different. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Good one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@kluedeke29

"

That's right Khudobin tell it like it is, cause your defense let them walk right in!

San, I don't know why you seem so passionate about this.

As passionate about a great goaltending performance, no matter who's name is on the back of the Bruins jersey, as you are about Brad Marchand.

Cmon I never show passion on here :D

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

@kluedeke29

"

That's right Khudobin tell it like it is, cause your defense let them walk right in!

San, I don't know why you seem so passionate about this.

As passionate about a great goaltending performance, no matter who's name is on the back of the Bruins jersey, as you are about Brad Marchand.

Honestly, I feel the same regarding the name on the sweater. I just don't think he played that great. The 1st goal went in after hitting him in the chest which means he didn't get square to the shooter. 2nd goal he was too far back in the net. 3rd goal I'm still too upset to talk about. I will admit he looked good when he was stopping the puck though. I don't care who plays goal if they are stopping the puck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I didn't see it as a great goaltending performance.  I'm not down on Khudobin or targeting him to fail, I just didn't come away from the game thinking, "Wow, he sure was awesome tonight."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

Incidentally, you're not going to bring that idiocy up again are you?  First, you should have the capability of comprehending the fact that no one ever suggested a good PP "guaranteed" a win.  Second, why on earth would you ever be so stunned as to to regurgitate the fact that you perpetually, cluelessly argued such a fundamental truth.  Third, if you're going to sneak in arrogant, condescending, childish, misinformed statements, you'd be better served, sticking to topics that support your understanding of the game.

You should put out an amber alert for your sense of humour.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I didn't see it as a great goaltending performance.  I'm not down on Khudobin or targeting him to fail, I just didn't come away from the game thinking, "Wow, he sure was awesome tonight."

If it were your boyfriend Thomas in net, there would have been nothing but praise!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Fair enough, nite, but I don't think anyone's saying "oh, well, they should have one but the goalie was garbage".  Seidenberg was a rock all game, screwed up on that pass and Khudobin couldn't bail him out.  Do we ignore the fact Seidenberg was super effective for 59 minutes or do we point out that you just can't make that play?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You should put out an amber alert for your sense of humour.

And another thought. Why so sensitive ?