Bruins v. Sabres Thread (15/02)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins v. Sabres Thread (15/02)

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Talk about throwing one away tonite.. Bruins had this game, and gave it to the Sabres.. looks like Julien went with his hunch that Kudho could do it again... Ahhhhhh, no...No energy in the 3rd, total collapse by the Bruins..... have not seen them give it up like that in a long time..

Winnipeg is no picnic either on Sunday.. Not a good start to the road trip..

I really don't feel like it was a total collapse or that they had no energy.  The Sabres got a couple of bounces go their way, and the B's goaltending wasn't very good.

And Winnepeg stinks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Problem is : It should have been 4-1 after two....if you miss too many chances, you give the other team the wake it needs. The Sabres were totaly lost in the second period, but hey, they were just down one goal !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Not Khudobin's best game

One goal goes off Frence's skate and in becuase Andrew has his head up his A** all season. The tying goal Khudobin makes the initial save but his D doesn't back check. No way do you blame those goals on him. Another goal bounced right to Erhoffs stick.

Better find someone else to blame and that is the Bruins forwards for not being able to bury their open looks early.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

This team has never had that extra gear that when foot is on throat you keep pushing.   i dont mind winning one goal gms but it would be nice to blow a few teams out as well.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I wonder if they're playing "Sweet Caroline" to harass Sox fans watching this game, or if they're as gay in Buffalo as they are at Fenway.

Buffalo can have that freakin lame song...I can only wish that part of the changes coming for the Boston baseball team will be replacing that song!

Regarding the B's tonight...outplayed in the 3rd period...Buffalo ended up wanting it and NEEDing it more. Khudolbin gave up some tough rebounds, including the winner which he fed right to Ehrhoff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Not Khudobin's best game

One goal goes off Frence's skate and in becuase Andrew has his head up his A** all season. The tying goal Khudobin makes the initial save but his D doesn't back check. No way do you blame those goals on him. Another goal bounced right to Erhoff stick.

Better find someone else to blame and that is the Bruins forwards for not being able to bury their open looks early.

Yes the initial save but puts a rebound right in front. San Khudo was not that good tonight. 

I also blamed on the usual suspects not finishing .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

3rd line needs fixing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I blame thornton bc i like blaming him.  Even though he didnt do anything wrong.  Other then getting dressed in hockey gear.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Jets just lost 3-1 at home vs the Pens.  Would love for the Bruins to hand them another one on Sunday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yes the initial save but puts a rebound right in front. San Khudo was not that good tonight. 

I also blamed on the usual suspects not finishing .

Nobody backchecked on that play including Krejci who turned it over in the 1st place. Eveyone is supposed to be there to clean that rebound up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Something else to remember:  The backup goaltender on any NHL team is usually not very good.

Rask would have kept at least two of them out.

Rask is too tired it seems to play 2 games in 6  nights ... so Khudo.. gets 2 games in 6 nights... Swell...Julien likes to keep his goalies happy ...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

I blame thornton bc i like blaming him.  Even though he didnt do anything wrong.  Other then getting dressed in hockey gear.   

1 hit in 8 plus minutes.  Ott had 11.  Checking line?   At least do that.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

Problem is : It should have been 4-1 after two....if you miss too many chances, you give the other team the wake it needs. The Sabres were totaly lost in the second period, but hey, they were just down one goal !

Exactly....B's have been cutting it close all year and this time it cost them. They simply need to bury more of their chances. Too many ghosts on this team so far:

1) Seguin-soon to be a $5 million man

2) Kelly-wake the hell up

3) Bergeron- 2 goals in 12 games, really?

4)Bourque-why are you here again?Must be for your physical play, right?

And the third pairing D men are horrible so far:

1) Ference-looking for a new contract, eh?

2) McQuaid-coming off a major injury so, pass. Just lay off the bad penalties alright?

Finally, less than stellar goaltending the last 2 games. Perhaps B's fans have been spoiled the last few years in this regard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

3rd line needs fixing.

All the Bourque excuse makers can stuff it, the 3rd line should be producing more.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

3rd line needs fixing.

All the Bourque excuse makers can stuff it, the 3rd line should be producing more.

I concur. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

3rd line needs fixing.

I bet Pandolfo starts in Winnipeg.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

3rd line needs fixing.

I second that. Unfortunately it will not help in the goalscoring department.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kelly:  2 for 5 at the dot.

Peverley:  2 for 5 at the dot.

Bourque's fault.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Not trying to play the kiss-of-death routine but just for the record -- Arnold an Kluzak should be fired. Couldn't catch the post game due to Center Ice cutoff but there must have been a lot of post game crow munching. Can't stand when other teams commentators have that overly pompous attitude and these 2 morons take the cake. Buffalo not the best team by record but the trash spewed between the 2nd and 3rd period was embarrassing. Yes -- Bruins dominated -- but still only up by 1 goal vs a team that took them apart in the 3rd period 2 meetings ago. Kluzak comes off like a total tool.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

3rd line needs fixing.

Problem solved

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kelly:  2 for 5 at the dot.

Peverley:  2 for 5 at the dot.

Bourque's fault.

Bourque: icetime 14:02, -2, 1 gva, 0 points.....Kelly's and Peverly's fault.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If cj wants bourque playing put him with ST and campy.  Then use 5 minutes a night.  Put paille with kelly n pev.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

3rd line needs fixing.

Problem solved

I agree.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If cj wants bourque playing put him with ST and campy.  Then use 5 minutes a night.  Put paille with kelly n pev.  

Caron is getting into shape in Providence as we speak, Shupe. He will be called up when ready to go. Bourque is just a fill in until then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

Talk about throwing one away tonite.. Bruins had this game, and gave it to the Sabres.. looks like Julien went with his hunch that Kudho could do it again... Ahhhhhh, no...No energy in the 3rd, total collapse by the Bruins..... have not seen them give it up like that in a long time..

Winnipeg is no picnic either on Sunday.. Not a good start to the road trip..

I really don't feel like it was a total collapse or that they had no energy.  The Sabres got a couple of bounces go their way, and the B's goaltending wasn't very good.

And Winnepeg stinks.

So, why not start Rask tonight and save Khudo for Winnipeg if they stink ?  Julien back to playing his goalie games from 2010 ?  I hope not..

Sections
Shortcuts