Bruins v. Sabres Thread (15/02)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Re: Bruins v. Sabres Thread (15/02)

_

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to cowboys9's comment:

So, why not start Rask tonight and save Khudo for Winnipeg if they stink ?  Julien back to playing his goalie games from 2010 ?  I hope not..

That's not the only thing reminiscent of 2010. Goalscoring appears to be a problem once again as well....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Problem solved

Wait let me give more of an explanation.  I gave my reasoning on the defeat .  Julien will not be happy and therefore I'm predicting he will send a message and bench someone hence " I bet Pandolfo starts "  

Sending a message could = to problem solved.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sabres won because they outplayed the Bruins in the third, the only reason this was possible is because Ryan Miller saved their bacon in the first 2 periods as the Bruins totally outplayed them. Nothing more, nothing less.

One more thing I took out of tonights game, if your a Bruin, and your involved in a play near the Buffalo bench as Steve Ott is coming off for a line change, look out. He gets real tough as he's going for a change. This happned on several occasions tonight with Johnny Boychuk being on the receiving end a couple of times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to JWensink's comment:

Problem solved

Wait let me give more of an explanation.  I gave my reasoning on the defeat .  Julien will not be happy and therefore I'm predicting he will send a message and bench someone hence " I bet Pandolfo starts "  

Sending a message could = to problem solved.

So, who do you think gets benched?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Sabres won because they outplayed the Bruins in the third, the only reason this was possible is because Ryan Miller saved their bacon in the first 2 periods as the Bruins totally outplayed them. Nothing more, nothing less.

One more thing I took out of tonights game, if your a Bruin, and your involved in a play near the Buffalo bench as Steve Ott is coming off for a line change, look out. He gets real tough as he's going for a change. This happned on several occasions tonight with Johnny Boychuk being on the receiving end a couple of times.

Kel, was it Miller, just like it was Lundqvist, just like it was...etc, etc? At what point is it just the team who can't capitalize on their chances?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

NJ scored 4 unanswered goals tonight against Philly... can't take the third period off EVER!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And after Thornton and Campbell got thumped, the B's just roll over and take it like a guy/girl who smooched Corvo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Maybe Seguins alarm goes on the fritz again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Off topic but did anyone else see this:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/115916

Toews looks for a fight and J. Thornton obliges. Hockey Canada cannot be happy about this....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

And after Thornton and Campbell got thumped, the B's just roll over and take it like a guy/girl who smooched Corvo.

This from a guy who constantly questions the point of having a ST around?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

the bruins were much more physical against them last year.  I dont see it now.  I thought for sure there would be a blood bath.  

Book-  i was wrong.  they played each other twice in a week and it was anything but rough hockey.  Is this team soft when thumped back?   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

There were plenty of reasons to punch a Sabre tonight.  I wasn't advocating a staged bout.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Third line on again....lol! Bad luck or just plain bad?

Bourque was clearly out of position on 3rd and 4th goals.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Thornton.  Last two games against sabres.  1 hit.  

Chara.  Last two games against sabres.  2 hits.  

For ST to get 8 minutes a night and have this stat what is the point of dressing him.  Hes on a checking line.  He doesnt fight now bc he was concused.  He doesnt hit.  What is he here for. 

Chara.  Im not sure whats wrong with Z.  But he doesnt look right.  I wonder if hes injured.  Hes been physically invisible this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

There were plenty of reasons to punch a Sabre tonight.  I wasn't advocating a staged bout.

Come on NAS....admit how much you would have loved to have ST do this to Ott tonight:

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/109644

I know I would have. He was running around all game....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Toews looks for a fight and J. Thornton obliges. Hockey Canada cannot be happy about this....

Oilers islanders back in the day hated each other as well.  Sid Giroux.  As long as they get along on ice and win gold i dont care if they exchange xmas cards.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

So, why not start Rask tonight and save Khudo for Winnipeg if they stink ?  Julien back to playing his goalie games from 2010 ?  I hope not..

That's not the only thing reminiscent of 2010. Goalscoring appears to be a problem once again as well....

Only Florida and Winnipeg in the East are worse...time  to  start looking at  Seguin , Bergeron, Lucic . 2 goals a piece after 12 games ... Come on Man!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Oilers islanders back in the day hated each other as well.  Sid Giroux.  As long as they get along on ice and win gold i dont care if they exchange xmas cards.  

Very good point. I don't think Canada has ever gotten over the Suter hit from behind on 99 in the late 80's in the Canada cup so these things are taken very seriously up here. Much more than my native New Hampshire (Islamorada where are you man?)

Now Shupe, I completely agree with you about ST. In my opinion, his dependability as a regular has gone downhill significantly since his 10 goal, 2011 season. He, and the 4rth line in general, were not good last season and just as bad so far in this one. CJ already called them out at the beginning of 2013, telling them they needed to be better and so far thay have not.

This is why I think Pandolfo was ultimately signed. Not for the third line but as insurance in case the 4rth continues to stink. I belive Jay will replace someone quite soon on the 4rth lone and Caron will take Bourques place...very soon in fact. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Only Florida and Winnipeg in the East are worse...time  to  start looking at  Seguin , Bergeron, Lucic . 2 goals a piece after 12 games ... Come on Man!!!!

Agreed. Slim pickings. So far it has been enough, barely. That could soon change.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Aww, Dez. Don't get me started on Bourque again...please.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Third line on again....lol! Bad luck or just plain bad?

That's what i saw.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

They played like pansies tonight no jam at all. Heck Bourque was more physical than Lucic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

They played like pansies tonight no jam at all. Heck Bourque was more physical than Lucic.

Bruins only had 14 hits all night. Lucic had 5 of them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

All the Bourque excuse makers can stuff it, the 3rd line should be producing more.

Kelly:  2 for 5 at the dot.

Peverley:  2 for 5 at the dot.

Bourque's fault.

Yah that's the reason Chris Bourque doesn't drive to the net, can't find an open space in the slot at the right time to save his life and doesn't have an NHL wrist or snap shot.

Comical!

Sections
Shortcuts