Bruins v. Sabres Thread (15/02)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Bruins v. Sabres Thread (15/02)

I don't know what it is, the Bruins are developing a pattern against Buffalo

Halfway through the game the Bruins turn into hens and lay one collective giant egg.

Watching the second half of Sabres-Bruins games now is akin to having hemoroids.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

"That's what i saw."

What did you see, Bim?

What about Seidenberg and Hamilton both being behind the net on the third goal?

The fourth goal was 100% Ference's weak ace attempt to lift the Sabre's stick.

Tell me, Bim.  What did you see?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I played tonight so all I saw was the 1st period.

I thought they were spanking them.

Anyways, first place I came for for the game recap was here.

Interesting to hear you all without watching the game.

Seems like some people just like to be controversial.

Seems like Chirs Bourque just gotta go.

Bourque is perfect for the AHL.  He has enough of the skills, enough speed and work ethic to be a danger man in the AHL.  He just doesn't fit into the NHL.

Zach never did anything, Chris got one GWG.  Amd I think that's all we're going to get out of him.  I still call it a victory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

They played like pansies tonight no jam at all. Heck Bourque was more physical than Lucic.

Bruins only had 14 hits all night. Lucic had 5 of them.

Those weren't hits, he got credit for bumping into someone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

LOL

What people do or don't credit for is so inaccurate. Bourque was their 2nd leading hitter last night with 2 according to the "official statistics". I distinctly remember him hitting 2 players on one shift ( no less bouncing off them both times to the ice ). He didn't hit anyone else the rest of the night ? Bull.

And the rest of the Bruins had ones and zeroes besides their names. Bull again.

This could be a useful and interesting stat if recorded properly.

It is not. It is an embarrassing, inaccurate stat for the NHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude is watching thru rose colored glasses. Right now the Bruins are seeing the decline of Chara from elite to just good. His passing is hurting; his speed is lagging; he only has moments of quality. Seidenberg is a little bit worse, and Ference is showing a continuing decline. Add to that  the bottom six do not have a middling goal scorer and the top two lines are being checked more closely.  Claude's tight system does keep the scores down, usually, but the goalies are making the first save and losing on the rebounds that are not covered. 12+ games are showing the warts, and Peter needs to implement some changes. They won't be major, but they will rely on better scorers, bigger checkers; and finally replacing Thornton with more skill, even Pandolfo. Kreji, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Hamilton, McQuaid and the goalies should be the only untouchables. Add Chara, but give him less ice time and zero PP time. WHOOPS

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Claude is watching thru rose colored glasses. Right now the Bruins are seeing the decline of Chara from elite to just good. His passing is hurting; his speed is lagging; he only has moments of quality. Seidenberg is a little bit worse, and Ference is showing a continuing decline. Add to that  the bottom six do not have a middling goal scorer and the top two lines are being checked more closely.  Claude's tight system does keep the scores down, usually, but the goalies are making the first save and losing on the rebounds that are not covered. 12+ games are showing the warts, and Peter needs to implement some changes. They won't be major, but they will rely on better scorers, bigger checkers; and finally replacing Thornton with more skill, even Pandolfo. Kreji, Lucic, Bergeron, Marchand, Seguin, Hamilton, McQuaid and the goalies should be the only untouchables. Add Chara, but give him less ice time and zero PP time. WHOOPS

Bogie, McQuaid ? No Seidenberg ? And I would put goalies as singular.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

I don't know what it is, the Bruins are developing a pattern against Buffalo

Halfway through the game the Bruins turn into hens and lay one collective giant egg.

Watching the second half of Sabres-Bruins games now is akin to having hemoroids.

Dare I say it?  They get lulled into the "protect the lead" system CJ likes, and they are underestimating the Sabres' scoring abilities.  

It's not on CJ, though; part of that system is that you get the lead and keep attacking.  

They got away from that, and 3 scorers - Seguin, Looch, Horton - are not finishing.

Exactly -- B's are most effective when they keep forechecking and pinching in on D when ahead. Can't just turn it on and expect a Ranger-Like comeback which are few and far between. Almost looks like the players listened to Arnold and Kluzak between 2nd and 3rd period and bought their lame comments about the Buffalo team and how their organization is shot. What an embarrassment to the Bruins broadcasting team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bim09's comment:

"That's what i saw."

What did you see, Bim?

What about Seidenberg and Hamilton both being behind the net on the third goal?

The fourth goal was 100% Ference's weak ace attempt to lift the Sabre's stick.

Tell me, Bim.  What did you see?

[/QUOTE

Well, on the 3rd goal Bourque made a weak stick wave at Ennis in the neutral zone giving him a clear path to the net. Bourque  then found himself below the goalline checking no one as Ehrhoff scored from the high slot or as I like to call it, the place on the ice that Bourque should have covered. On the final goal Bourque again found himself below the goalline doing pirouettes with a confused look on his face. Wow, I remember there was a time that you didn't need Bim to explain simple things to you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

/QUOTE]

LOL

What people do or don't credit for is so inaccurate. Bourque was their 2nd leading hitter last night with 2 according to the "official statistics". I distinctly remember him hitting 2 players on one shift ( no less bouncing off them both times to the ice ). He didn't hit anyone else the rest of the night ? Bull.

And the rest of the Bruins had ones and zeroes besides their names. Bull again.

This could be a useful and interesting stat if recorded properly.

It is not. It is an embarrassing, inaccurate stat for the NHL.

I agree the hit stat is silly and inaccurate but that doesn't change the fact the B's played like pansies last night, they barely hit anyone all night.

Sections
Shortcuts