Bruins v. Sens (11/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bruins v. Sens (11/03/13)

In response to shuperman's comment:

Lets hope it was a hyper extension or nothing at all.  

Perhaps he will only need a brace, like Boychuk in the 2012 playoffs? Best case scenario...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Kelly travelling with team to pitt, will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

I 2nd that.

Sure he's not have a great season on offense , has clened up his play in the d-zone and s 4th in the league in faceoff wins.  If Kelly is gone long term we'l see what he really meant to this team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Perhaps he will only need a brace, like Boychuk in the 2012 playoffs? Best case scenario...

These athletes are so flexible now i wouldnt be surprised if its nothing or if its major.  His knee didnt look good. I have always liked him from his ottawa days.  Need him and that 3rd line clicking. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Kelly travelling with team to pitt, will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

I 2nd that.

Sure he's not have a great season on offense , has clened up his play in the d-zone and s 4th in the league in faceoff wins.  If Kelly is gone long term we'l see what he really meant to this team.

When you are up one late you want him and bergie on.  I never wanted him here for pt production.  Anything he provides is a bonus.  But his speed, pk ability, faceoffs, experience and smarts are needed.  He was clutch in the cup run 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Orr was running at everyone in a bruin jersey.  ST did nothing...he didnt do his job.  Just like he didnt do his job when savard was retired.  

Do your research.  Find one player in the league who has fought as many big time fighters as Neil.  Chara, Domi, Orr etc etc.  go into hockeyfights.com.  Look at some of Neils big clean hits as well. He hits everything.  He plays his role well.  Yes he crosses the line at times.  But he does not pick his spots. Thats the biggest amount of BS ever.  No one in the league has his fight card.  Especially one that can play a bit as well.  I would love him as a bruin.  

I couldn't be bothered researching. He absolutely picks his spots and he loves to wrap around guys like an annaconda. The "fights" against Chara were a joke made funnier by Neil acting like he won something on his way off the ice. Don't act like Neil is a true heavyweight tough guy. I rank him slightly below a Matt Barnaby due to the fact that Barnaby would at least square off with anyone, win or lose. Everyone will fight Neil because nobody is afraid of him. I get it. You love the guy. I don't and I've already wasted too much energy on that scum bag. He will leave the ice bloody against Boston before this year is over. Why would you ask what I think anyway? It's not as if Neil did something tonight to change how I feel about him. Quite the opposite actually considering he acted exactly the way I always say he does. He gets mad at McQuaid so he takes Kelly's knee out. Dirty and dishonourable regardless of how many thumbs up he gets at hockeyfights.com.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"Julien said Neil's hit was an accident. Shawn Thornton asked Neil about the hit. The Senator said he didn't mean to hit Kelly. Thornton accepted Neil's answer." Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff March 11, 2013 10:46 PM

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Orr was running at everyone in a bruin jersey.  ST did nothing...he didnt do his job.  Just like he didnt do his job when savard was retired.  

Do your research.  Find one player in the league who has fought as many big time fighters as Neil.  Chara, Domi, Orr etc etc.  go into hockeyfights.com.  Look at some of Neils big clean hits as well. He hits everything.  He plays his role well.  Yes he crosses the line at times.  But he does not pick his spots. Thats the biggest amount of BS ever.  No one in the league has his fight card.  Especially one that can play a bit as well.  I would love him as a bruin.  

I couldn't be bothered researching. He absolutely picks his spots and he loves to wrap around guys like an annaconda. The "fights" against Chara were a joke made funnier by Neil acting like he won something on his way off the ice. Don't act like Neil is a true heavyweight tough guy. I rank him slightly below a Matt Barnaby due to the fact that Barnaby would at least square off with anyone, win or lose. Everyone will fight Neil because nobody is afraid of him. I get it. You love the guy. I don't and I've already wasted too much energy on that scum bag. He will leave the ice bloody against Boston before this year is over. Why would you ask what I think anyway? It's not as if Neil did something tonight to change how I feel about him. Quite the opposite actually considering he acted exactly the way I always say he does. He gets mad at McQuaid so he takes Kelly's knee out. Dirty and dishonourable regardless of how many thumbs up he gets at hockeyfights.com.

Never suspended and the most decorated fighter in the league currently.  He has fought everyone.  And fought guys like domi, mccarthy simon etc.   ps.  Biggest bunch of bunk you have ever wrote.  You usually bring more to the table then that.  picking his spots is absolutely priceless.  Too funny.   His fight card is exactly the opposite of everything you said.  Hate is blind sometimes.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Never suspended and the most decorated fighter in the league currently.  He has fought everyone.  And fought guys like domi, mccarthy simon etc.   ps.  Biggest bunch of bunk you have ever wrote.  You usually bring more to the table then that.  picking his spots is absolutely priceless.  Too funny.   His fight card is exactly the opposite of everything you said.  Hate is blind sometimes.  

Having a bunch of fights means nobody is afraid of him. He's just another Barnaby clone. Feel free to love him. I don't feel any need to justify why I don't but it sure seems like you really have some need to justify why you do. Acting like Neil is some kind of warrior is hilarious. Tootoo is smaller, tougher and fights all comers. That's a guy in that mold that I'll show respect to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Can we end it with:

Shupe likes Neil.

Dezeruchi does not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

can't wait to see Dez vs SHupe on hockeyfights.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Having a bunch of fights means nobody is afraid of him. He's just another Barnaby clone. Feel free to love him. I don't feel any need to justify why I don't but it sure seems like you really have some need to justify why you do. Acting like Neil is some kind of warrior is hilarious. Tootoo is smaller, tougher and fights all comers. That's a guy in that mold that I'll show respect to.

You have lost your mind.  Again, his list of legit heavy weights is second to no one.  When you bring me a guy that has fought as many heavy weights as Neil you might make some sense.  The fact Neil has never been suspended and playing the role he plays is a credit to him.  He hits everything, fights and can play....  Please stop.  He is a warrior, thats exactly what he is.  Orr ran a guy on his team the other night.  He went directly to him and beat orr.  Our clown did nothing.  

having a bunch of fights means no one is affraid of him, yet hes taken on all the BIG heavies in his career on numerous occasions, also had earth shattering hits yet hes a sissy.  Sure he is dez.  Sure he is.  If our team is full of warriors why didnt one of them drop the gloves.  Let me guess bc neil wouldnt.  Sure.  Hes had 20 plus fights in one year against real fighters lke gino, sandy, chris simon, jody shelley and his list is exhausting.  Hate the guy all you want but hes the exact opposite of everything you said.  Picking his spots and had ovet 100 nhl fights.  Wow. Hes good at picking them.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

can't wait to see Dez vs SHupe on hockeyfights.com

You started this ya rat.  Lol. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

"I've done it before in the (AHL) and it worked. I got a little unlucky. The blade got the puck and usually I just push it in." said Daugavins. "It sucks to not score that goal. Now, I look like a fool." I'd have to agree with that self-reflection.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Instigator BUT with no visor. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I didn't think that was even legal in a shootout(definitely not in a penalty shot).

[/QUOTE]

Phil Bourque did the same thing against Tim Cheveldae & if there was ever going to have a rule put in. It would'v been then. I don't think there is a rule that says you cant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to hangnail's commentReally?  So by your logic Neil would have gone flying face first into the boards on his own?

Neil has a rep for dirty plays and embellishments....

Show me one. I'd like to see this, because he's not that kind of player at all!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I hope Kelly & Neil r both OK. I love how both play an honest game. 

Have you been watching tonight's game?

[/QUOTE]

Every second NAS. I don't care what you think. I think Neil plays the game the right way!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"Julien said Neil's hit was an accident. Shawn Thornton asked Neil about the hit. The Senator said he didn't mean to hit Kelly. Thornton accepted Neil's answer." Posted by Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff March 11, 2013 10:46 PM

Screw CJ and ST...watched it 3 times frame by frame. Neil lifted his left leg up and targeted Kelly for one reason and one reason only - to injure. My god, if this was Seguin of Bergeron there would be no end to the outrage. ST asking Neil on the ice turned my stomach, now CJ too? Can't believe it. Neil was pretty high up on my list, until I saw him lay on the ice like he just died, and then take out somebody's knee ? Hope he gets a career ending K.O. -

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Plenty of similarities to the Matt Cooke stomp on Karlsson.  Neil leads with his knee into Kelly's knee (yes, Kelly's leg is out, but he's not trying to initiate contact).  Whether you think it's an accident or not probably depends on what you think of Chris Neil.  I think he's a guy who runs around because he's willing to go with almost anyone.  He can get into a fight and avoid getting hurt, then say "well, I answered the bell".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Plenty of similarities to the Matt Cooke stomp on Karlsson.  Neil leads with his knee into Kelly's knee (yes, Kelly's leg is out, but he's not trying to initiate contact).  Whether you think it's an accident or not probably depends on what you think of Chris Neil.  I think he's a guy who runs around because he's willing to go with almost anyone.  He can get into a fight and avoid getting hurt, then say "well, I answered the bell".

150 plus fights and zero suspenions.  Hes answered the bell like a mother fudger.  This hit was no doubt questionable.  I dont think he would want to hurt a friend of many yrs but i think they should review this hit.  Bob Mckenzie doesnt think it was intentional nor does he think there will be a suspension.  

Agree on the hate him love him reference.  But again, for the role he plays, for the amount of hits he delivers its a credit to him he has never bern suspended.  Im sure many outside of boston would say lucic is a big bully whos been suspended reviewed and picks on non fighters that arent in his weight class.  I say hes a guy who hits a lot so hes bound to cross the line on occassion and no doubt has to pick his spots when dropping the gloves.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Instigator BUT with no visor. 

Haha.  Touche. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to hangnail's commentReally?  So by your logic Neil would have gone flying face first into the boards on his own?

Here's a couple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bH25wjf9Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwfxfUPH0g

Plus the Drury hit of course.

A nice embelishment for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCSALTMbxuE

Not to mention all the people he has jumped over the years. This could literally go on all day but I have work to do.....he has a rep, face it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Here's a couple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98bH25wjf9Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwfxfUPH0g

Plus the Drury hit of course.

A nice embelishment for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCSALTMbxuE

Not to mention all the people he has jumped over the years. This could literally go on all day but I have work to do.....he has a rep, face it.

Never suspended and has fought every tough guy of his era.  go watch his 150 plus fights and tell me he picks spots and jumps people.  The drury hit today is a suspension but then it was clean.  Sure he crosses the line bc hes supposed to.  He isnt here to be a top 6.  He knows what keeps the pay cheques coming.  He went after cooke immediately the other night.  Did our clown do anything?   He went after orr and beat him after he ran one of his team mates.  How is this picking spots and jumping people.  I cant list all the legit guys hes fought bc there is 150 plus fights.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Never suspended and has fought every tough guy of his era.  go watch his 150 plus fights and tell me he picks spots and jumps people.  The drury hit today is a suspension but then it was clean.  Sure he crosses the line bc hes supposed to.  He isnt here to be a top 6.  He knows what keeps the pay cheques coming.  He went after cooke immediately the other night.  Did our clown do anything?   He went after orr and beat him after he ran one of his team mates.  How is this picking spots and jumping people.  I cant list all the legit guys hes fought bc there is 150 plus fights.   

I have seen all his fights (I am a regular on hockeyfights.com) and yes he does jump people on occasion. Just off the top of my head, he jumped an unsuspecting Luke Schenn (a heavy?)  last season alone. And just because he has never been suspended does not make him clean. Half the people on the list on NAS' dirtbag thread were not suspended by the league either.

ST may be a clown but he does not elbow people in the face (Andrew Macdonald clip), go down when hit like he has been shot and look at the ref (Ovie clip) or jump non-fighters (Schenn). The proof is in the links I provided.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I have seen all his fights (I am a regular on hockeyfights.com) and yes he does jump people on occasion. Just off the top of my head, he jumped an unsuspecting Luke Schenn (a heavy?)  last season alone. And just because he has never been suspended does not make him clean. Half the people on the list on NAS' dirtbag thread were not suspended by the league either.

ST may be a clown but he does not elbow people in the face (Andrew Macdonald clip), go down when hit like he has been shot and look at the ref (Ovie clip) or jump non-fighters (Schenn). The proof is in the links I provided.

On occasion everyone does if they fight a lot.  Lucic is the king of jumping guys off the start.  But if you have seen all his fights you know how many true nhl heavies hes gone with.  Domi on numerous occasions, simon, orr, shelley, mccarthy, chara, lucic etc etc etc.  

hes had a very good career.  Lucic has played 1/3 the games as neil and has been suspended and reviewed for dangerous hits.  He fights guys that arent in his class more then he fights heavies.   So is lucic a dirty guy who picks his spots?   

To say neil picks his spots is complete bunk.  Again i challenge anyone on here to find me a current heavy weight who have the resume Neil has.  

ST has never elbowed anyone?  Why. Bc he cant catch anyone.  He did nothing in a game against the leafs where orr was running around.  Whats he here for.  To ask questions of Neil?  Hes a joke.  Savard sure appreciates him fighting cooke 2 months later.  

Sections
Shortcuts