Bruins v. Sens (11/03/13)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Bruins v. Sens (11/03/13)

In response to shuperman's comment:

hes had a very good career.  Lucic has played 1/3 the games as neil and has been suspended and reviewed for dangerous hits.  He fights guys that arent in his class more then he fights heavies.   So is lucic a dirty guy who picks his spots?   

To say neil picks his spots is complete bunk.  Again i challenge anyone on here to find me a current heavy weight who have the resume Neil has.  

ST has never elbowed anyone?  Why. Bc he cant catch anyone.  He did nothing in a game against the leafs where orr was running around.  Whats he here for.  To ask questions of Neil?  Hes a joke.  Savard sure appreciates him fighting cooke 2 months later.  

I personally have no problem with Neil. Yes, he has fought almost every heavy and no he has not been suspended. That's fine. But, he is known for cheap shots and has been for years. That is undeniable. With him, you take the bad with the good. Its as simple as that. By the way, I was hoping he would pick Neil up a few years ago when he was heading to unrestricted free agency but Neil chose to re-up with the Sens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

hes had a very good career.  Lucic has played 1/3 the games as neil and has been suspended and reviewed for dangerous hits.  He fights guys that arent in his class more then he fights heavies.   So is lucic a dirty guy who picks his spots?   

To say neil picks his spots is complete bunk.  Again i challenge anyone on here to find me a current heavy weight who have the resume Neil has.  

ST has never elbowed anyone?  Why. Bc he cant catch anyone.  He did nothing in a game against the leafs where orr was running around.  Whats he here for.  To ask questions of Neil?  Hes a joke.  Savard sure appreciates him fighting cooke 2 months later.  

I personally have no problem with Neil. Yes, he has fought almost every heavy and no he has not been suspended. That's fine. But, he is known for cheap shots and has been for years. That is undeniable. With him, you take the bad with the good. Its as simple as that. By the way, I was hoping he would pick Neil up a few years ago when he was heading to unrestricted free agency but Neil chose to re-up with the Sens.

Thank you.  And yes he does cross the line.  he also has 2000 career pims in 700plus game and 150 fight.   With no suspensions.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thank you.  And yes he does cross the line.  he also has 2000 career pims in 700plus game and 150 fight.   With no suspensions.   

Which is very surprising....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Just saw DK in post game interview saying the move is fine if Dauguvins wants to do it but that he wouldn't be happy if a Bruin tried to do it.

its kind of a stupid move because he cant lift the puck off the ice in that position, in that way it makes it easy for Rask to read and stop just spread out and take the low shot away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

its kind of a stupid move because he cant lift the puck off the ice in that position, in that way it makes it easy for Rask to read and stop just spread out and take the low shot away.

What bugged me about that "attempt" was not that stupid ringette move but the fact he skated into the crease, stopped, pushed Rask almost into the net, and then tried to suff the puck in. I mean, really. If that is a legitimate shootout move then perhaps Lucic should just skate up to the net, push the goalie out of the crease altogether, and then tap the puck into the open net.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

...150 plus fights and zero suspenions.  Hes answered the bell like a mother fudger.  This hit was no doubt questionable.  I dont think he would want to hurt a friend of many yrs but i think they should review this hit.  Bob Mckenzie doesnt think it was intentional nor does he think there will be a suspension

Not that I'm trying to add fuel to the Shup/dez fire, but on SportsNet Doug MacLean didn't think it deserved a suspension but did deserve a 2 or 5min Kneeing penalty. Nick Kypreos took his time and when pressed for an answer said no suspension - and didn't answer the penalty question.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I know we've gone around on this one before, but it was unconscionable that he wasn't suspended for the Chris Drury hit.  No different than Cooke on Savard, IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

...150 plus fights and zero suspenions.  Hes answered the bell like a mother fudger.  This hit was no doubt questionable.  I dont think he would want to hurt a friend of many yrs but i think they should review this hit.  Bob Mckenzie doesnt think it was intentional nor does he think there will be a suspension

Oh, well, you know, if Bob MacKenzie doesn't think it was intentional, then that ends it.

Bob has spoken.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:

Just saw DK in post game interview saying the move is fine if Dauguvins wants to do it but that he wouldn't be happy if a Bruin tried to do it.

Since when do you always have to lift the puck to score? He scored doing the same move already. Why wouldn't he try it again? I see nothing wrong with the move in any way. Look at some of the stuff Patrick Kane does. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Oh, well, you know, if Bob MacKenzie doesn't think it was intentional, then that ends it.

Bob has spoken.

And I suppose you think some people don't think the same of you when you speak right? Call a spade a spade NAS! You're arrogance stands out more than anyone else on this board BRO!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

NOB, he can't lift the puck with it under his stick like that, all Rask has to do is a big split and lay the paddle on the ice. No chance to score if that is done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Which is why this whole shupe vs. the world conversation continues, Fletch.  If Neil has never been suspended, well, that's one thing.  If he has managed to escape in situations where just about anyone with half a brain thinks "yep, suspension", that's another.  I'm thinking this should be a personal experience comparison for you, shupe, given what you do - how long would it take you to come up with a top 5 guys who you know should be doing time but aren't because no one can make a charge stick?

I see Neil more than I'd like, often live, and he has a dirtbag switch.  Some days, he wants to be a grinder who can score.  Other days, he wants to be Sean Avery.  He was never braver against the Bruins than one game in Ottawa when Lucic was scratched.  That was the season Lucic opened him up in the pre-season (I think).  Like I said, he runs around and pushes the edge of what he can get away with, often in a conscious "shift-disturber" fashion, because he knows he fights well enough that very few guys in the league can really make him pay.  So the fact he will fight all comers actually facillitates his being a dirtbag.

The Lucic-Neil comparison also doesn't work.  Lucic, when he loses his nut about something, is a category 5 health hazard.  He'll fight to the code when the situation arises, and that situation is rarely when a goon challenges a first line LW, but when he's mad at someone, he's looking to make them hurt.  I've seen him jab a guy in the groin just prior to dropping the gloves.  But I wouldn't say that Lucic is, on a regular basis, a dirty player.  As he said about the Nash hit, he's not a dirty hitter - he doesn't need to be.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I see Neil more than I'd like, often live, and he has a dirtbag switch.  Some days, he wants to be a grinder who can score.  Other days, he wants to be Sean Avery.  He was never braver against the Bruins than one game in Ottawa when Lucic was scratched.  That was the season Lucic opened him up in the pre-season (I think).  Like I said, he runs around and pushes the edge of what he can get away with, often in a conscious "shift-disturber" fashion, because he knows he fights well enough that very few guys in the league can really make him pay.  So the fact he will fight all comers actually facillitates his being a dirtbag.

The Lucic-Neil comparison also doesn't work.  Lucic, when he loses his nut about something, is a category 5 health hazard.  He'll fight to the code when the situation arises, and that situation is rarely when a goon challenges a first line LW, but when he's mad at someone, he's looking to make them hurt.  I've seen him jab a guy in the groin just prior to dropping the gloves.  But I wouldn't say that Lucic is, on a regular basis, a dirty player.  As he said about the Nash hit, he's not a dirty hitter - he doesn't need to be.

That was Neil was it not? lol.

Your assessment of Neil is bang on. I used to live in the Ottawa region, saw more Sens games then I would like to, and you sum him up well...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

NOB, he can't lift the puck with it under his stick like that, all Rask has to do is a big split and lay the paddle on the ice. No chance to score if that is done.

Rask robbed him last nite & it's not an easy feat. If you notice Rask was almost all the way over to his right & had to really stretch to get that toe on it & it was his baby toe & had the athleticism to keep his pad on the right side of the goal line.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Rask robbed him last nite & it's not an easy feat. If you notice Rask was almost all the way over to his right & had to really stretch to get that toe on it & it was his baby toe & had the athleticism to keep his pad on the right side of the goal line.  

He didn't have to rob him at all. There was very little danger of the puck crossing the line. Daugavins said himself that he feels very stupid about the "effort" in hindsight. I couldn't help noticing you saying he's scored with the move before. I'm wondering which regulation game it was and who was the NHL goaltender that was embarrassed by it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He didn't have to rob him at all. There was very little danger of the puck crossing the line. Daugavins said himself that he feels very stupid about the "effort" in hindsight. I couldn't help noticing you saying he's scored with the move before. I'm wondering which regulation game it was and who was the NHL goaltender that was embarrassed by it?

dez,

in Dagavins' own words: "I've done it before in the (AHL) and it worked. I got a little unlucky. The blade got the puck and usually I just push it in." said Daugavins. "It sucks to not score that goal. Now, I look like a fool."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

dez,

in Dagavins' own words: "I've done it before in the (AHL) and it worked. I got a little unlucky. The blade got the puck and usually I just push it in." said Daugavins. "It sucks to not score that goal. Now, I look like a fool."

RHO, I guess my overall point is to save the minor league moves for the minors. It reminded me of another play from a few years back when a player in the slot needlessly tried to shoot from between his own legs and his coach freaked out about later (rightfully so). I can't remember the names involved but I know it happened.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

dez,

RHO, I guess my overall point is to save the minor league moves for the minors. It reminded me of another play from a few years back when a player in the slot needlessly tried to shoot from between his own legs and his coach freaked out about later (rightfully so). I can't remember the names involved but I know it happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dkIXY_5m7Dg

This is him succeeding against the Bull dogs. And as I said earlier Phil Bourque tried the same move against the Red Wings. I didn't say it was a good, or bad move, but Rask defineately robbed him. He was still in motion from the first move. Which is why the goal can work if you're not able to recover from that momenteum.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dkIXY_5m7Dg

This is him succeeding against the Bull dogs. And as I said earlier Phil Bourque tried the same move against the Red Wings. I didn't say it was a good, or bad move, but Rask defineately robbed him. He was still in motion from the first move. Which is why the goal can work if you're not able to recover from that momenteum.

Minor league move by a minor league player. I really can't imagine McLean thinking he'd be trying that move. I was thrilled when I realized he was really trying it. I knew it wouldn't work and I was right.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch, in todays game its a suspension.  Scott Stevens would be suspended for life in the old days.  

Book- Neils role as you are aware is to play on the edge(which requires crossing it), defending his teammates(which he does), hit everything(which he does), add the occasional pts(which he does), fight when the opportunity arises which he does.   He crosses the line, its his job.  to play 747 games in the role he does without suspension is something to be said.  Within the new rules he has never been suspended.  He has 150 plus fights.  Saying he jumps people and picks his spots is just wrong.  He fights everyone.  He is a team leader for them.  Had numerous offers from other clubs and there are very few teams that wouldnt want him.  Yes he has some punkery to his game.   I think he brings all out effort nightly and for a guy in the clown conversation I'm not sure there is better.  I would want him everyday over a guy like ST. 

NAS- Bob McKenzie is no Eklund but he normally predicts things pretty well.   I think it was a dirty hit on Kelly.  Accident or not. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Minor league move by a minor league player. I really can't imagine McLean thinking he'd be trying that move. I was thrilled when I realized he was really trying it. I knew it wouldn't work and I was right.

I saw an interview today (can't remember if it was on TSN or NHLN) where he said his teammates encouraged him to try it.  He said he'd done it a few times in practice this year and it had worked.  I'm not sure if the coach knew he was planning it, but some teammates definitely did.  I thought it was a hotdog move, but a still a good save by Rask.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

At least he knows he looks like a fool.

I wouldn't agree that he was "unlucky" either.  Seemed like he did what he was trying to do and Rask just saved the shot.  Unlucky might be when the puck jumps on you or you ring one off the post.  When you shoot and the goalie makes a save, it doesn't really seem like luck was involved.  Lucky to be in the NHL maybe...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

dez,

I'm with you.  I don't like anything novelty-like attached.  Save it for the All-Star game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It was a shootout attempt.  Rask stopped it.  No awesome goaltending there.  He just stopped it.

Sections
Shortcuts