Bruins vs Pens GDT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Bruins vs Pens GDT

Might as well make it offical. After what seems like a week off, we have a game tonight against the Pens. Likely starting lineups:

Boston Bruins
    Milan Lucic - Patrice Bergeron - Nathan Horton
    Mark Recchi - Blake Wheeler - Jordan Caron
    Daniel Paille - Tyler Seguin - Michael Ryder
    Brad Marchand - Gregory Campbell - Shawn Thornton

Zdeno Chara - Andrew Ference
    Matt Hunwick - Dennis Seidenberg
    Mark Stuart - Adam McQuaid

Probable starting goaltender: Tim Thomas

Pittsburg Penguins:
    Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Pascal Dupuis
    Matt Cooke - Evgeni Malkin - Aaron Asham
    Mike Rupp - Mark Letestu - Tyler Kennedy
    Craig Adams - Max Talbot - Eric Godard

Paul Martin - Kris Letang
    Brooks Orpik - Zbynek Michalek
    Alex Goligoski - Deryk Engelland

Probable starting goalie: Brent Johnson

Funny, I like the Pens dmen, but utterly despise all their forwards. Go figure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins vs Pens GDT

Sidney Crosby has actually been calling for Marc-Andre Fleury to start so he can get out of his slump but Brent Johnson might get the start again he's been the better goalie so far. I expect Letang to run around doing his usual aggravating assault he needs to be nailed by Marchand or Lucic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

the b's are bad at faceoffs so wheeler is moved to center?

"Blake Wheeler gets the call to center, after two-plus NHL seasons of wing duty. He looked weak on faceoffs during the morning workout"

hockey's a game of possession, right?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Bruins vs Pens GDT: Funny, I like the Pens dmen, but utterly despise all their forwards. Go figure.
    Posted by ksp1957[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins vs Pens GDT:
    the b's are bad at faceoffs so wheeler is moved to center? "Blake Wheeler gets the call to center, after two-plus NHL seasons of wing duty. He looked weak on faceoffs during the morning workout" hockey's a game of possession, right?
    Posted by 86redsox

We'll see more of the 4th line than any line tonight other than the first line anyways, so don't worry about it. I'd rather see Colburne than Wheeler at center anyways.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Maybe center works out for wheeler. Gotta imagine this is one of the kids last chances, its the closest thing to new "scenery" barring a trade.

Dissapointed they didnt make a 2nd power line with seguin centering and shorten the roster even more. Even if they only did it for these next 2 games it woulda been a way to take a different perspective on the teams depth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Maybe center works out for wheeler. Gotta imagine this is one of the kids last chances, its the closest thing to new "scenery" barring a trade. Dissapointed they didnt make a 2nd power line with seguin centering and shorten the roster even more. Even if they only did it for these next 2 games it woulda been a way to take a different perspective on the teams depth.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Seguin got benched in the third period last game, so there's no way Julien puts him on the second line. With him on the third line, he'll probably see about 15 minutes of playing time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

@KSP

Thats double what he got last game. I know Julien has a b.oner for backchecking but you need to take advantage of a players strengths. The kid obviously has them give him a chance to be in an offensive role.

ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME B0NER IS A BAD WORD ON THIS FORUM GIMME A BREAK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins vs Pens GDT : Seguin got benched in the third period last game, so there's no way Julien puts him on the second line. With him on the third line, he'll probably see about 15 minutes of playing time.
    Posted by ksp1957

15 minutes is acceptable ice time for a young forward.Stamkos averages just over 20 a game-Ovechkin 22 a game.With only 60 available for all of the centres there's only so much to go around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Looking at Jimmy Murphy's Tweet. Recchi had knee surgery this summer? Go Bruins!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Seguin, just like every other rookie in their first year, will make a lot of mistakes. I understand the concept of not trying to put the world on his shoulders, but how is he ever going to learn from his mistakes by sitting on the bench and only playing 8 minutes a game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Seguin should be back in junior hockey...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Brent Johnson is starting. Appartently MAF hasn't been his smiling self at all this season. Even during training camp, he wasn't happy. Whether it's something personal, or an injury of some sort is unknown. That info came from the Media guy of the Pens. Be the same kind of postion Bish has with the B's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Slow starts is beginning to become the hallmark of this club! Pens forecheck is killing our D. Nice PP goal by Recchi, but it won't matter at this rate. We are lucky to have a tie score for now...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien must be screaming at his defense in the locker room right now!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

I missed the first period, but so far it doesn't look like I've missed much. If the Bruins play stinks as much in the second period as it did in the first, I should thank my kid for needing a ride to the mall.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Bruins being outplayed, outskated, out hustled.. actually 3-2 score is rather flattering.. bad luck for Bergy ringing two off the pipes..better tune up for the 3rd and at least get a road point..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lets get our 4th line and 3rd D pair out against Crosby, that'll work great!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Hey, now we're scoring on ourselves! That's the nail in the coffin. We are done. Possibly the worst game I have ever watched...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

For some reasons the Bruins have been playing poorly vs the Pens for years now!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

That last minute goal by Mark Stuart was something special. Oh wait, wrong net. Crap !!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

And all of a sudden we're tied. WOW !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

WOW!! was that Thorton impersonating Bossy!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Wow. 

3 of their best players out and 4 3rd period goals unanswered?

Wow.

Take notice.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Gutsy 3rd period. Hope you scored all your goals for the week tonight! :)

Sections
Shortcuts