BRUINS VS RANGERS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

BRUINS VS RANGERS

The historic series with Leafs is over and now for some reality. The Bruins are without 3 top D and face a Rangers team that has our number. Lunquist is coming off 2 shut outs and the Bruins have showed scoring vs a good goalie doesn't go well for the Bruins. The Rangers are the worst team the Bruins could face in the next round and I only hope their scoring can find there way past a very good Ranger goalie.

The Bruins are on a high after the Leaf series and they better score 1st and often vs the Rangers. I hope they hit hard, and keep the puck away from a talented blue shirt offense. With the D on OR the Bruins offence has to kick it up 2 notches. The Bruins have to be alot more consistant in this series and much better in their own zone. They have to do a better job clearing the puck from their zone and keep it more north south.

Scoring is the key, the pp must help. Crashing the net is a must and please keep up the hitting, a fight at the right time can do wonders but a more controlled game by the B's can win us a series. The Bruins will have their hands full and the Boys have to find the top gear to go on to the Conference finals vs probily the HATED pens. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: BRUINS VS RANGERS

I think this series is going to be a story of the D corps' and goaltending.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

My guess, is that goals will be at a premium, with 5 or less combined goals per game.

I agree that this is not an ideal matchup. A lot of the Bruins' offence starts with the D, and they will be hard pressed to get many pucks through, because of the Rangers' prowess at shot blocking.

Maybe they should let Chara & Boychuk let loose with some howitzers, and maybe get some Ranger forwards to start doing the flamingo :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

Maybe they should let Chara & Boychuk let loose with some howitzers, and maybe get some Ranger forwards to start doing the flamingo :)

This should be a strategy after what Z did to Callahan in 11'. Hammer them into the trainers room. The Bruins have to make Lundqvist uncomfortable with lots of screens and bumping in the crease.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm not expecting them to advance past the Rangers.

In my book any win will be good enough for me.

The Leafs can claim a Pyric (or however you spell it) victory as they made the Bruins spend a ton of emotional energy in that series and dented 3 defensemen.

The Rangers have been underperforming and there's no good reason for it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

This should be a strategy after what Z did to Callahan in 11'. Hammer them into the trainers room. The Bruins have to make Lundqvist uncomfortable with lots of screens and bumping in the crease.

They have no fear.  They try to block everything.  I agree.  In the first game, fire low and hard.  I don't think they'll stop blocking shots, but they can't block shots from the IR.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

If history (regular season) is any indication, this will be one hard fought close series. Wouldn't be surprised to see several games go to OT. I think it's a coin toss on the winner.....and I hope the B's can pull through.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

They have no fear.  They try to block everything.  I agree.  In the first game, fire low and hard.  I don't think they'll stop blocking shots, but they can't block shots from the IR.

Agreed.  Create traffic in front of the net and blast.  Even great goalies cannot stop what they cannot see (please picture a smoke bomb going after I said that and then a caped Drewski5, like a douchey magician, dissapearing).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

that was what was missing in games 5,6 and most of 7...no traffic in front of net on Reimer. So yes,  it is tantamount to the team's success that they continue to send players in front of Lundquist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

The key to Boston winning is to get traffic to the net on a consistent basis.  If they do that the Bruins should win because they have the better team although that is being tested a little with the injury situation on defense.

I also think it is important in the first few games when the defense has a chance for a one timer, (especially Zee and Johnny B) they should just unload.  If Girardi and Callahan and others want to take 100 mile slap-shots consistently to the ankles, knees and other body parts, more power to them, but let's see if they still want to do this as the series goes on.  Of course the Bruins defense can't fire into shin pads as that leads to breakwaways etc but where guys are sprawling and diving to block shots wail away!!! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Lundqvist is hot at the moment and historically has a great track record vs Bruins. He also has a poor playoff record so this will be interesting. A good number of young D-Men will have to come up big otherwise this could be a painful series especially for us Jersey guys having to face Ranger fans at work on a daily basis. If I have to hear one more time from my son-in-law how the Rangers "own" the Bruins -- he may be watching his beloved team from a hospital bed. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Sometimes with tons of traffic in front of the net, alot of shots don't get through due to players from both teams being in front. Lundqvist likes to play real deep in his net. I'd like to see the bruins get the puck down low and try to move some of those Rangers away from the front of the net and expose how deep he plays. This plays right into Seguin getting good looks.

Whats everyone think the over/under in this series is as to how many of the games go into OT?

This series is going to be a fun one to watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Lundqvist historically has a great track record vs Bruins."

Fletch ?! Where is that Channel 5 breaking news photo ?

Sections
Shortcuts