Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane

The Bruins were rumoured to be interested in acquiring Evander Kane from Winnipeg at the trade deadline and had apparently put together a package for him but were not successful in obtaining him.  This rumour was from Eklund, so I do not put too much into it. I wonder who the Jets would ask for if the Bruins come calling in the off season as he is only 19 and a restricted free agent. He now says that Montreal is interested in him.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=44358

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane

I can't stand Eklund and he never seems to get it right... but Kane? To the Habs (or Bruins)

What on Earth would Winnipeg want back, the kid is the star they're going to be building that team around. Him, Buff and Ladd are the face of that franchise... why on god's green earth would the Jets trade him? It makes no sense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I would love to see Kane in a B's sweater but I can't see the Jets doing that deal unless they got something really substantial back - probably more than the PC would want to pay which is probably why there was no deal. Look at me talking about a deal that is only a figment of a hack's mind. Eklund is a tool....I'm positive he just makes crap up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Eklund was looking for something to report so he asked his buddy, who is the Bruins assistant restroom janitor at the Garden, "would the Bruins be interested in Evander Kane?"  

His buddy replied "Sure, who isn't?  That kid's wicked good".

And a story was born... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is why I can't stand Eklund. The only way the Jets trade Kane is if they think that he'll pull a Kessell, and that he wants out of Winnipeg, and they'd ask for the moon in return. But by all accounts he really likes it Winnipeg and is a good team player, so this is just lunacy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane:
    This is why I can't stand Eklund. The only way the Jets trade Kane is if they think that he'll pull a Kessell, and that he wants out of Winnipeg, and they'd ask for the moon in return. But by all accounts he really likes it Winnipeg and is a good team player, so this is just lunacy.
    Posted by red75

Either that or they get offerred far more than he's worth. Neither scenario would bode well for Boston acquiring him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I agree that this is classic Eklund aka probably made up.  Just for fun though I am wondering to myself, if Rask was on the table, could we make this deal and hold onto Hamilton.  If so I would.  I imagine that Kane is a much more valuable asset then Rask at this point though. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Love that last line of the article: "and put together quite a package." Yet there is no mention what that package was supposed to include. So if Eklund doesn't know (which is more than likely) then how could he state this? Pure bunk from someone who just makes s**t up as he goes along.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I agree that this is classic Eklund aka probably made up.  Just for fun though I am wondering to myself, if Rask was on the table, could we make this deal and hold onto Hamilton.  If so I would.  I imagine that Kane is a much more valuable asset then Rask at this point though. 
    Posted by RickyHussle

Especially since the Jets have Pavelec, whose actually younger than Rask and has proven himself to be a bonafide starterin the league. They have no need for Rask. They'd be looking for strength up the middle - Krejci plus. Also, for a team that is weak at forward, why would you trade your future star winger?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Good Point I had confused Mason and Pavelec's contracts.  Take Rask off the table and it seems to be all the more absurd.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Good Point I had confused Mason and Pavelec's contracts.  Take Rask off the table and it seems to be all the more absurd.
    Posted by RickyHussle

Would you trade DK and Caron for Kane? I think the Jets would want at least that much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Asking the Jets "what would they accept for Kane?"  is like asking the Bruins "what would they accept for Seguin?" 

In both cases, you're looking at trading away your offensive cornerstone for the next decade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : Would you trade DK and Caron for Kane? I think the Jets would want at least that much.
    Posted by dezaruchi

At least, and likely more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : At least, and likely more.
    Posted by red75

Yeah Red, I figure that would be a minimum starter point.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Eklund was looking for something to report so he asked his buddy, who is the Bruins assistant restroom janitor at the Garden, "would the Bruins be interested in Evander Kane?"   His buddy replied "Sure, who isn't?  That kid's wicked good". And a story was born... 
    Posted by Fletcher1

Well, the cat is out of the bag, Eklunds source has been revealed, and in relation to eklunds predictions, this appears to be legit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : Well, the cat is out of the bag, Eklunds source has been revealed, and in relation to eklunds predictions, this appears to be legit.
    Posted by MDsizzle

I doubt it.  A garden janitor would be too high up on the food chain for him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : Yeah Red, I figure that would be a minimum starter point.
    Posted by dezaruchi

To flip this around, say the Jets wanted Seguin. What would you need from Winnipeg to let him go? Then flip it back around and you'd be looking at close to an equivalent (maybe slightly less for Kane) of what the Bruins would have to give up.

Heck, you could almost see Kane for Seguin straight up (though I think it'd be more like Kane and a pick or Stuart)

Actually, that almost makes sense Tongue out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : To flip this around, say the Jets wanted Seguin. What would you need from Winnipeg to let him go? Then flip it back around and you'd be looking at close to an equivalent (maybe slightly less for Kane) of what the Bruins would have to give up. Heck, you could almost see Kane for Seguin straight up (though I think it'd be more like Kane and a pick or Stuart) Actually, that almost makes sense
    Posted by red75

Oh my.  Evander Kane for Tyler Seguin straight up.

Did the B's re-hire O'Connell?

Come on, Red.  Kane isn't in Seguin's league.  Not even close.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane:
    The Bruins were rumoured to be interested in acquiring Evander Kane from Winnipeg at the trade deadline and had apparently put together a package for him but were not successful in obtaining him.  This rumour was from Eklund, so I do not put too much into it. I wonder who the Jets would ask for if the Bruins come calling in the off season as he is only 19 and a restricted free agent. He now says that Montreal is interested in him. http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=44358
    Posted by Bruinsfanforever

Reading that site:  Terrible

Telling people that you do:  100 times worse.

Pure drivel, start to finish.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If a Bob McKenzie or a Darren Dreager states that player X was almost dealt to Team X then I might take a look at it. If Eklund is attached to it then much like him, the story has zero credibility.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : Oh my.  Evander Kane for Tyler Seguin straight up. Did the B's re-hire O'Connell? Come on, Red.  Kane isn't in Seguin's league.  Not even close.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I never said straight up - I said almost. I added Stuart, who no knoweldgable fan on this board would doubt the value of. Kane and Stuart for Seguin - yeah, that does make sense to me, though it will never happen as both fanbases would be in an uproar.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : Would you trade DK and Caron for Kane? I think the Jets would want at least that much.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yes in a heartbeat.  I would not flinch, even if we put a second round pick on top of that.  I would probably do Krejci, Caron and a 1st rounder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : Yes in a heartbeat.  I would not flinch, even if we put a second round pick on top of that.  I would probably do Krejci, Caron and a 1st rounder.
    Posted by RickyHussle

I like Kane but I think that would be a lot to give up for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins were apparently interested in Evander Kane : I like Kane but I think that would be a lot to give up for him.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agreed, but that's likely in the ballpark of what Chevy would be asking for.

Though, I find it almost impossible to believe Kane is on the trading block. Jets fans would lose it.

Sections
Shortcuts