Bruins will beat the Leafs on Thursday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Bruins will beat the Leafs on Thursday

Having watched every Leaf game thus far, here is what you're up against.
    1. Kessel is on fire n(regardless of what you think about him, he has such a quick release that catches goalies offguard), but never does that well when Chara is out there.  I expect Chara to shut him down.  That will impact the Leafs big time since the 2nd line has not done that well thus far.  Grabo and Kulemin have been average at best, Macarther has been horrible.  Bozak has had a good start along with Lupal, but they are riding Kessel's coattails, pretty much.  A rookie, Matt Frattin has looked really good but hasn't found the back of the net yet.  3rd and 4th line are holding their own as pluggers.
    2. On Defense, Phaneuf has played well, but pretty much every other defenceman has had bad lapses (especially Schenn who looks like Year 2 Schenn instead of Year 3 Schenn).  Liles is steady but undersized. Gunnerson is steady most of the time. I will not discuss Komie (can't stand him).  Leafs have a really good prospect in Gardiner (big and mobile) but he's very green.  I suspect Aulie will be back sooner then later.  Leaf defence is greatly overrated. Don't understand what they see in Franson (I'd prefer Aulie).
    3. Leaf PP is even worse then Bruin PP. Very sad to watch
    4. Leaf PK has been pretty good so far.  Much better then last year.
    5. Reimer has not been sharp at times.  He's let in some soft goals that he didn't let in last year.  As a Leaf fan this is worrisome as they will live or die depending on their goaltending.  If the Bruins direct a lot of pucks at the net, Reimer has been giving up a lot of rebounds and the defense isn't clearing.
    6. Leafs simply not tough enough up front and Bruins should be able to outmuscle them.

Leaf record is misleading, much like the beginning of last year.  They have stretches where they look great and many stretches where they scramble around. 

Having said all that, Bruins have had trouble with the Leafs last year.  I wouldn't underestimate them, but the Bruins need to be better disciplined then they were against the Canes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins will beat the Leafs on Thursday

I expect a pretty tightly contested game tomorrow. The Bruins were embarrassed last night so I expect a full 60 minutes on Thursday. I've enjoyed watching the Leafs they are better than the last two years for sure and yes as much as we love to hate $ bill Phil he has been very good.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Toronto seemingly gave the Bs fits last year with a high energy game.  The game will be of the same ilk and kind.  Boston is struggling to score goals once again, Toronto still has not much to lose in the short run.  I am not sure of the Chara/Kessel analysis, I believe Phil just does not like to go into the corners period even despite his new health status.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

LRH - Excellent rundown, as usual.  You nailed it regarding the massive importance of Reimer.  I'm hoping the Bruins emerge from the locker room tomorrow night in an ugly mood following last night's loss and play in a manner reminiscent of their thorough handling of TB, my vote for their most complete performance of the young season.  What I don't want vs the Leafs is one of those games in which the B's help make an opposing goaltender look like a Vezina trophy winner.  Cheers!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I just heard Duthie on TSN say Gustavsson gets the start against the Bruins tomorrow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Grabo is underrated... more dangerous than Phil IMHO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Just watched the Leafs pot 2 PPGs in 27 seconds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

B's  have no reason to allow the Leafs collecting a single point on Thursday.
    Leafs are playing tonight + travel and after the embarassing "performance" from Tuesday, B's should look like a wolfgang tomorrow... if not there is definitely something wrong and then someone will have to remind them that the party is over, period.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]B's should look like a wolfgang tomorrow... if not there is definitely something wrong and then someone will have to remind them that the party is over, period.
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE]

What they should do and what they will do... is the reason fans are so upset right now! This team didn't pick up where it left off and many expected no less.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I just spent three periods watching Blake Wheeler. What a mistake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think the Toronto Maybe-Next-Years fate will rest on how well they recover from playing a pretty tight game against the Jets tonight. Bruins need to take advantage of a tired team early. Leafs have looked pretty fast from what I've seen so far......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins will beat the Leafs on Thursday:
    [QUOTE]B's  have no reason to allow the Leafs collecting a single point on Thursday. Leafs are playing tonight + travel and after the embarassing "performance" from Tuesday, B's should look like a wolfgang tomorrow... if not there is definitely something wrong and then someone will have to remind them that the party is over, period.
    Posted by Bruinsforever[/QUOTE]

I wholeheartedly agree, have been keeping the faith as it's so early in the season, but tonight is definitely gut-check time. I fully expect them to beat this team like a drum.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I anticipate a tight game which is usually the case when these 2 teams meet. I also expect to see more desperation on the B's part.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

LRH guess you were correct on the Kessel/Chara analysis!  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Now here's the thing to watch:

Last year, Kessel had 7g2a in 8 games before being shut-out in Boston.  After that, 6 games without a point and little consistent production for a long time.

This year, 7g5a in 5 games before being shut-out in Boston.  What happens next may very well prove the definitive answer for what type of player he will be the rest of his career.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins will beat the Leafs on Thursday:
    [QUOTE]Now here's the thing to watch: Last year, Kessel had 7g2a in 8 games before being shut-out in Boston.  After that, 6 games without a point and little consistent production for a long time. This year, 7g5a in 5 games before being shut-out in Boston.  What happens next may very well prove the definitive answer for what type of player he will be the rest of his career.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]
    Kessel has scored between 3 and 7 goals in the first 5 games every year for the past 5 seasons. He's never managed to turn a hot start into a 40 goal season. I prefer a guy like Perry who scores in bunches down the stretch over someone like Kessel who has yet to prove he can keep up the pace over a full season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins will beat the Leafs on Thursday:[QUOTE]LRH guess you were correct on the Kessel/Chara analysis! Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

Yah and that the Leafs defense are not so tough. They let the Bruins forwards waltz right in all night and it all started after Lucic pull Dion on his fanny.

Sections
Shortcuts