Bruins will most likely pick 9th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Bruins will most likely pick 9th

Their loss coupled with STL and MIN wins dropped them to 22nd.  That means we have the 9th pick unless we manage to win the lottery and pick 4th or 5th, can't remember if you mve up 4 or 5 spots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Bruins will most likely pick 9th

you can move up 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Bruins will most likely pick 9th:
    [QUOTE]Their loss coupled with STL and MIN wins dropped them to 22nd.  That means we have the 9th pick unless we manage to win the lottery and pick 4th or 5th, can't remember if you mve up 4 or 5 spots.
    Posted by Eric66[/QUOTE]

There is no lottery for no9 ....its only for the no1 to no5 ..

Bruins will pick 9th overall .....Thank You Toronto !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevio19. Show kevio19's posts

We'd move up 4 spots I think, TSN has a good page detailing the chances of us winning and therefore moving up to 5th (2.7%). We could also drop one position if some of the teams behind us won

http://tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=18342

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins will most likely pick 9th:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bruins will most likely pick 9th : There is no lottery for no9 ....its only for the no1 to no5 .. Bruins will pick 9th overall .....Thank You Toronto ! Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

No.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Draft-Lottery

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That is not correct.  Every non-playoff team is in the lottery.  Only 1-5 can pick first, because you can only move up 5 places, but every team is in the lottery.  You can go from 10-6.

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins will most likely pick 9th : There is no lottery for no9 ....its only for the no1 to no5 .. Bruins will pick 9th overall .....Thank You Toronto ! Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

swingggggggggg and a miss stanley

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]That is not correct.  Every non-playoff team is in the lottery.  Only 1-5 can pick first, because you can only move up 5 places, but every team is in the lottery.  You can go from 10-6. In Response to Re: Bruins will most likely pick 9th :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Slight difference, you can only move up 4 slots - so only the top 5 teams can get the first overall.  Moving from 5 to 1 is 4 slots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eric66. Show Eric66's posts

Sweet so....
    2.7% to pick 5th
    92.1% to pick 9th
    5.2% to pick 10th

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

At least this draft year will be much more fun.  One of the best things about following the draft in a large group is the amount of information that comes out.  Last year, it wasn't all that fun because it was just Hall and Seguin dominating the conversations.  (Hall wore a Sox hat, so, he must want to play in Boston!)

This year, we're going to be bombarded with different players who members here thinks should be taken at the nine slot.  It's all great info.  One part that I'm dreading is the "the Bruins should trade the ninth pick and Zach Hamill for the third pick overall" posts. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Still hoping for Dougie Hamilton...could be there at 9

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Beaulieu or Rattie are my choices and ones that should be around when we pick 9.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]At least this draft year will be much more fun.  One of the best things about following the draft in a large group is the amount of information that comes out.  Last year, it wasn't all that fun because it was just Hall and Seguin dominating the conversations.  (Hall wore a Sox hat, so, he must want to play in Boston!) This year, we're going to be bombarded with different players who members here thinks should be taken at the nine slot.  It's all great info.  One part that I'm dreading is the "the Bruins should trade the ninth pick and Zach Hamill for the third pick overall" posts. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Boy did I get grief for that post.

But you have to admit - it was weird that he wore a Red Sox hat.

Especially when its one of the cities that might draft you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

This will be an interesting draft.

I often look at this list
    http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

and then there's this list
    http://tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=38615

It only seems that they agree on Ryan Nugent Hopkins

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Still hoping for Dougie Hamilton...could be there at 9
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]

Tell us why!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Beaulieu or Rattie are my choices and ones that should be around when we pick 9.
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

Tell us why!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Well, if he drops down a slot or two, and he might because of his lack of size at only 5'10, then I would take Ryan Murphy. He brings with him extremely crisp passing and a good mind for the game, and speed off the blueline that may be better than anything the Bruins have seen in years.

If he's gone I'd likely go for Jamie Oleksiak, for the exact opposite reasons. He has the makings of a solid shutdown D, and he has something you can't teach - size. He could rival Chara in that department by the time he's done growing/filling out. With the right guidance he could be a seamless replacement for Chara down the line. Not much offensive upside, but could be a force to be reckoned with defensively. I think he'd flourish in the Bruins system.I've seen him ranked everywhere from 9th to 20th, but remember, 21 D were taken before Z in the 96 draft and he's the only Norris winner of the bunch. Like I said, you can't teach size, and if there' one thing the Bruins know how to teach it's solid defensive play, though he's already really good on that end.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

9 is an interesting place to pick. I could see PC dealing the pick and moving up or down based on who he likes and where he projects that player to go since after the top 4, it's pretty wide open.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

[QUOTE]Still hoping for Dougie Hamilton...could be there at 9
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]

me too

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins will most likely pick 9th : Tell us why!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

because I think the Bruins need a high end young prospect back on the blueline like Dougie Hamilton. I like big guys back there, he is known as a high character guy, and his on a progression is on a positive upswing that will hopefully continue....if the Bruins pick him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Size is irrelivant to me, it's been proven time and again that height does not make you a better hockey player.  Even if it does, we already have Chara, Boychuck, McQuaid... I would love to see Ryan Murphy come to Boston, but they would probably have to trade up a few spots to do it.  Zach Hamill should get it done!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

It would be Awesome to get Dougie Hamilton ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Well, if he drops down a slot or two, and he might because of his lack of size at only 5'10, then I would take Ryan Murphy. He brings with him extremely crisp passing and a good mind for the game, and speed off the blueline that may be better than anything the Bruins have seen in years. If he's gone I'd likely go for Jamie Oleksiak, for the exact opposite reasons. He has the makings of a solid shutdown D, and he has something you can't teach - size. He could rival Chara in that department by the time he's done growing/filling out. With the right guidance he could be a seamless replacement for Chara down the line. Not much offensive upside, but could be a force to be reckoned with defensively. I think he'd flourish in the Bruins system.I've seen him ranked everywhere from 9th to 20th, but remember, 21 D were taken before Z in the 96 draft and he's the only Norris winner of the bunch. Like I said, you can't teach size, and if there' one thing the Bruins know how to teach it's solid defensive play, though he's already really good on that end.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

I saw him play against BU in the HE playoffs, not too impressed, I was expecting him to be a little more of a physical presence at that level.  I am hoping that the Bruins go after something else you can't teach, and that is SPEED, preferably speed on the back end!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Size is irrelivant to me, it's been proven time and again that height does not make you a better hockey player.  Even if it does, we already have Chara, Boychuck, McQuaid... I would love to see Ryan Murphy come to Boston, but they would probably have to trade up a few spots to do it.  Zach Hamill should get it done!
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

hehehe...Hamill. Good one! Somewhere NAS is smilling......

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]It would be Awesome to get Dougie Hamilton ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

ya too bad we can't get in the lottery