Bruins will most likely pick 9th

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Bruins will most likely pick 9th

In Response to Re: Bruins will most likely pick 9th:
    In 1999, though Tampa was the worst team, Chicago won the Draft Lottery and moved up four spots, from #8 to #4. Here's to the Bruins and their 2.7% chance of doing the same... Til tomorrow night at 8pm, then
    Posted by Awry

Fingers crossed my friend!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I'm hoping for Strome, Hubredeau, or Murphy.  This team needs more skill, ess meat heads and muckers, I know Bruins nation doesn't like hearing that sometimes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ah a defenseman is number one concentration of the Bs management. If Kaberle signs the thought process may lean to the best available player.  If he doesn't then the Bs will probably make a shot at Richards (availability??).  If the Bs were fortunate enough to sign Richards then the move imo would be to trade for Larsson.  Brad Marchand, Toronto's number one would be a decent offer to get Larsson.  95% sure the Bs will sign Kaberle, and pick the best available player.  A forward most likely. Post thought: the Bs do not draft Swedes well despite having a Swedish scout in Europe, except PJ of course.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

I see the top 8 in this draft as:
    1. Larsson
    2. Nugent-Hopkins
    3. Landeskog
    4. Couturier
    5. Huberdeau
    6. Murphy
    7. Hamilton
    8. Strome

So, I have two questions:
    1) Who is the most likely of that eight to fall to #9?
    2) Who is the next best player after that eight? Siemens? Saad?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins will most likely pick 9th : I saw him play against BU in the HE playoffs, not too impressed, I was expecting him to be a little more of a physical presence at that level.  I am hoping that the Bruins go after something else you can't teach, and that is SPEED, preferably speed on the back end!
    Posted by MeanE

Why do people think you can't teach speed.That's exactly one of the things you can learn/work on and make legitimate gains.Power skating!My buddy I've mentioned before is presently a scout with the Stars.He also owns Dan O'brien's Total Stickhandling which he runs in NJ.His reputation as a skating instructor got to the point that he's worked with a number of pros from the area.The best example of his work is Bill Guerin.When he held out from the Devils in a contract dispute,Guerin skated everyday with OB until he finally signed and eventually played for Edmonton.That year,Guerin shocked everyone by winning the fastest skater competition at the all-star game.Most people wondered where the newfound speed came from.So there you go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I see the top 8 in this draft as: 1. Larsson 2. Nugent-Hopkins 3. Landeskog 4. Couturier 5. Huberdeau 6. Murphy 7. Hamilton 8. Strome So, I have two questions: 1) Who is the most likely of that eight to fall to #9? 2) Who is the next best player after that eight? Siemens? Saad?
    Posted by legolaspinkerton

1. Couturier - most NHL ready a year older and bigger, don`t believe the pre draft hype, he is #1-best ppg
    2. Huberdeau - 3 mates will go by early 2nd round
    3. Larsson - 2nd most NHL ready with size weight and yr older
    4. Nug Hopkins - 155lbs is this rt.
    5. Murphy - too much talent for his size to hold him back
    6. Hamilton - Brother in SJ,  his teammate is next
    7. Strome - light but not as Nug, talented
    8. Landeskog - yr older has weight, just not all there yet, injury held him back, he could go earlier-Murph is his team leader

Considered a weak draft, by freakin who, wish these fellows or even the next 10 were available when we got Hamill.

9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Biggs has size, good bloodlines, Bruins mold  6`2 - 200lbs

Beaulieu(Boloo)-older -6`3 - 191 lbs

Siemens - solid D and tough

These are the best 3 possible with Oleksiak a very outside shot.

Even still, I would love to have Puempel, if I can't have the top 5, he would be my pick, he looks like a career NHL'er, he will not be there for #40, too bad. Just like I wanted Skinner all last year (still after Seguin-mind ya), I want Puempel after Murphy and of course Couturier.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Eric66 had it right !!!   9th spot it is

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins will most likely pick 9th : Why do people think you can't teach speed.That's exactly one of the things you can learn/work on and make legitimate gains.Power skating!My buddy I've mentioned before is presently a scout with the Stars.He also owns Dan O'brien's Total Stickhandling which he runs in NJ.His reputation as a skating instructor got to the point that he's worked with a number of pros from the area.The best example of his work is Bill Guerin.When he held out from the Devils in a contract dispute,Guerin skated everyday with OB until he finally signed and eventually played for Edmonton.That year,Guerin shocked everyone by winning the fastest skater competition at the all-star game.Most people wondered where the newfound speed came from.So there you go.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, you can definitely get better with training in the skating department, but there is a thing called genetics that determines someone's ceiling.  No matter how much your buddy works with me on my stride, I am not going to be faster then Michael Grabner!  To me, if a player like Guerin makes such drastic improvements, it is because they were not training hard enough or properly, and shame on them for not being professional and getting the most out of their god given abilities.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bryan Murray cracked me up last night when I watched the replay on Versus. "If I'm here next year I won't be happy" (someting along those lines) and Bryan you more than likely won't have a job.

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/story/?id=361993

Mckenzie has allot of the defensmen down at 7-10 I disagree I think the Dmen will be taken higher. Looking more like Beaulieu(Boloo) to me for Chiarelli.

Sections
Shortcuts