Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?

Although the Bruins failed to win in Tampa last night, I like the chances of winning at home in Game 7. Here's why;

1. Five on five hockey, the B's dominate
    2. Bruins will not give the Lightning as many PP chances as they did last night
    3. Thomas will rise to the occasion and rebound after a mediocre performance
    4. Roloson did not look sharp. He looks tired and spent
    5. Home team in game 7 wins 85% of the time when winning game 5

Go Bruins!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?

6. Bruins hit more and win the higher percentage of loose puck battles they will win going away.

7. Julien has last change now so no excuse not to see Seguin with more TOI and better matchups set.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Good points! Bruins will also win the face-off battles at home.

In Response to Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?:
    [QUOTE]6. Bruins hit more and win the higher percentage of loose puck battles they will win going away. 7. Julein has last change now so no excuse not to see Seguin with more TOI and better matchups set.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

8. Bruins have more to lose.
    9. Bergeron will step up in  the clutch and win 75% of the faceoffs.
    10. If Lucic plays half as good as he did last night he'll be dominant.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Great points. Bruins will play with composure and confidence in Game 7.

[QUOTE]8. Bruins have more to lose. 9. Bergeron will step up in  the clutch and win 75% of the faceoffs. 10. If Lucic plays half as good as he did last night he'll be dominant.
    Posted by dalexander2424[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

None of this addresses the only thing that matters.

Beyond the abberation of Game 2, the Bruins win when Thomas stands on his head and lose when he doesn't.

If Tampa scores three tomorrow, the Bruins will lose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Yeah and if the Bruins win 5 more games they are Stanley Cup Champs. I will play the percentages and take the home team after winning game 5.

[QUOTE]None of this addresses the only thing that matters. Beyond the abberation of Game 2, the Bruins win when Thomas stands on his head and lose when he doesn't. If Tampa scores three tomorrow, the Bruins will lose.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

It's always an aberration when the Bruins win "Boston got lucky" making 31 saves and playing a Bruins possession game in front of TT is not an "aberration" game 3 wasn't luck at all. Too bad the NFL draft is over too many wanderers from the Belichick worshiper shrine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

1. Game 7's no longer scare this team after what they accomplished vs. Montreal.

2. Thomas always seems to play his best as soon as the "doubting Thomases" come out of the woodwork as they are now, following any performance in which he doesn't turn water into wine while stopping every puck that comes his way.

3. Destiny, thy name is '11 Bruins. First Bruins team ever to rebound from 0-2 in the playoffs aint goin' down now.

4. To steal a thought from Gasper: Michael Ryder will be the Bruins equivalent of the 2004 Derek Lowe for the Red Sox (i.e. He emerges as the biggest star in Game 7 when no one expects he can.)

5. Krecji's PP goal--lost in the overall loss of game 6--has made them believe they can score on the PP. They will in Game 7.

6. I smell a completely against-all-odds shorthanded goal by the oft-maligned (especially by me) Daniel Paille that will make its way into Bruins lore.

7. Chara's gonna punish any Bolt he gets in a tight space. It'll be legal. And it'll make them wish they had lost game 6 just to have avoided the pain.

8. Bergeron will dominate the face off circle at both ends of the ice.

9. Lucic has found his shot. He'll use it, and he'll score a big goal,

10. Two words: Tyler. Seguin.

* Extra back-up X factor: If it does go overtime, we've got "Mr. (O)T", Nathan Horton, to save the day.

Go Bruins!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

11. No one in their wildest dreams expects them to, so why not ?Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Will it could be the Bruins destiny this year. Why not!

[QUOTE]11. No one in their wildest dreams expects them to, so why not ?
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Bruins lose game 7, here's why:

1. They are the Bruins and will always disappoint.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In Response to Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?:
    [QUOTE]Although the Bruins failed to win in Tampa last night, I like the chances of winning at home in Game 7. Here's why; 1. Five on five hockey, the B's dominate 2. Bruins will not give the Lightning as many PP chances as they did last night 3. Thomas will rise to the occasion and rebound after a mediocre performance 4. Roloson did not look sharp. He looks tired and spent 5. Home team in game 7 wins 85% of the time when winning game 5 Go Bruins!
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]

Bruins WILL WIN

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Biggest factor for me has to do with the players themselves. I like the character and talent of this 2011 team 1000x more than the team that lost Game 7 last year, which gives me infinitely more hope heading into tomorrow. Just think of the players and ice time between Game 7 last year and Game 6 this year. It's night and day:

2010 Centers:

Bergeron (21:32) - Sobotka (16:37) - Savard (15:53) - Whitfield (6:15)

vs

2011 Centers:

Krejci (23:59) – Bergeron (18:11) – Kelly (13:17) – Campbell (6:40)

2010 Wingers:
    Paille (19:20) - Recchi (19:08) - Lucic (17:18) - Satan (17:01) - Ryder (16:02) - Wheeler (13:22) - Begin (9:01) - Thornton (3:44)
    vs
    2011 Wingers:
    Horton (21:15) - Lucic (19:08) – Recchi (15:07) – Ryder (14:00) - Peverly (12:20) - Marchand (12:19) – Seguin (10:41) – Paille (6:04)

2010 Defense:

Chara (23:57) - Wideman (26:58) - Boychuck (21:13) – Stuart (19:43) - Hunwick (14:37) - Ference (13:44)

vs

2011 Defense:

Chara (30:43) – Seidenberg (28:17) – Kaberle (19:46) – Ference (18:26) – McQuaid (13:20) – Boychuck (12:27)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

Hummm let me see. So far they have won two playoff round series and on their way to a third. Doesn't sound like a disappointment so far. Stop living in the past.

[QUOTE]Bruins lose game 7, here's why: 1. They are the Bruins and will always disappoint.
    Posted by cosmo14[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

I agree that the make up of this team compared to last year is very different. It is in the Bruins DNA to overcome adversity and battle back. Thomas will stand tall while Rolly disappoints. Bruins win game 7 because most of the game will be played 5-5. After game 6, Tampa will not get the same PP chances.

[QUOTE]Biggest factor for me has to do with the players themselves. I like the character and talent of this 2011 team 1000x more than the team that lost Game 7 last year, which gives me infinitely more hope heading into tomorrow. Just think of the players and ice time between Game 7 last year and Game 6 this year. It's night and day: 2010 Centers: Bergeron (21:32) - Sobotka (16:37) - Savard (15:53) - Whitfield (6:15) vs 2011 Centers: Krejci (23:59) – Bergeron (18:11) – Kelly (13:17) – Campbell (6:40) 2010 Wingers: Paille (19:20) - Recchi (19:08) - Lucic (17:18) - Satan (17:01) - Ryder (16:02) - Wheeler (13:22) - Begin (9:01) - Thornton (3:44) vs 2011 Wingers: Horton (21:15) - Lucic (19:08) – Recchi (15:07) – Ryder (14:00) - Peverly (12:20) - Marchand (12:19) – Seguin (10:41) – Paille (6:04) 2010 Defense: Chara (23:57) - Wideman (26:58) - Boychuck (21:13) – Stuart (19:43) - Hunwick (14:37) - Ference (13:44) vs 2011 Defense: Chara (30:43) – Seidenberg (28:17) – Kaberle (19:46) – Ference (18:26) – McQuaid (13:20) – Boychuck (12:27)
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

* Bruins will win because they'll play a physical and disciplined game with the last change and the correct match-ups. 
    * Lucic has turned the corner and already has a history of playing big in the big games. Lucic and Krejci are clicking and Horton will bring intensity, having never been close to this before.
    * Tampa won't be allowed the early goal. The Bruins worked hard to get the lead back last night and then seemed slow opening the second period - won't happen at home tomorrow. 
    * Bruins are a far better 5-on-5 team and they'll score on Roloson who looks tired. 
    * Thomas will shine in Game 7, as he did versus Montreal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

#28 - Julien will take Recchi off of the powerplay - please??

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I think the B's are going to win quite easily .I predict a monster 1st period and we go up 3-0 ,only this time ,we keep playing hard and the B's win 5-2.Cool

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?:[QUOTE]4. To steal a thought from Gasper: Michael Ryder will be the Bruins equivalent of the 2004 Derek Lowe for the Red Sox (i.e. He emerges as the biggest star in Game 7 when no one expects he can.) Go Bruins! Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

A couple of times last night TTBI I'm like "Glyder get that shot off quicker!" as he was in his area he likes the high slot...DAMN IT! No way can Roloson catch up to a Ryder rocket snap shots glove side.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Being at home is good for faceoffs.  The visiting center needs to line up first.  That should help some.  So should the line-change edge.  In this series, those have been significant factors.  Home teams are 4-2.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

In a game 7 you never know...not only you have to be good but often you also need to have a bit of luck on your side.  Nothing is for sure!!

Sections
Shortcuts