Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?

the only thing that is for sure is....if the bruins win everyone's back on the bandwagon(all proclaiming they knew the bruins could do it). if they lose, 80% of the posters will want a new coach, gm, owner, revamped team, new arena, cheaper ticket prices, the list goes on and on and on.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why? : I love being wrong when it's the Bruins, but they certainly have backed themselves into a corner after folding in Game 4 and last night.  The pressure to not fold, in a different round at home, for the 3rd year in a row, will be immense. Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Nah you love thinking and typing that you are right when the Bruins falter or lose a tightly matched game to a very good team so you can type your usual "See I told yah they wouldn't win with JJ at the helm. Too bad there not the Pats..."

This team has home ice advantage, with last change, the home crowd, David Krejci (didn't have him last year) and Dennis Siedenberg (didn't have him last year) Plus Peverley, Kelly, Horton and Seguin minus Wheeler, Sobotka, Stuart and Satan.

You keep hinting that the Bruins are in the same position as last year they are not! Keep it up with the "I want to be wrong about the Bruins" but indeed you can't wait for them to fail so the board can see 30 "Chiarelli is the worst GM in Boston told yah!" threads with your comments....

You are not objective whatsoever as you claim to be drivel after drivel of how the Bruins will fail but then claim you you've always been a fan when they win. You ignore other posters facts.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why? : A couple of times last night TTBI I'm like "Glyder get that shot off quicker!" as he was in his area he likes the high slot...DAMN IT! No way can Roloson catch up to a Ryder rocket snap shots glove side.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I know I've said this before but he really is the biggest enigma maybe in all of hockey. He can explode for goals at any time but then he goes into lapses of nothing where you see him try to be Rick Middleton--and he actually pulls it off--right up until the moment when he should be firing off that shot and he waits a half second too long and either loses control or gets bumped off the puck.

But I'm still going to say he turns into the '04 ALCS Derek Lowe of Game 7 tonight and scores a HUGE goal for the B's.

Go Bruins!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why? : Umm, what? I have no idea what you just said here. I am not sure you did either. You're clueless if you think Boston hasn't been outplayed in this series. "Close" game or "tightly matched"?  They threw away Game 4. DId you watch Game 4? Did you see them not go for the kill in Game 6, wasting time, and making major errors losing the lead? Look, those were not losses where a team caught a break and beat the Bruins, capitalizing on a play and scoring a great goal that is not able to be defended.  They collapsed.  When you think about it, Boston has set up TB for the majority of their goals, whether it be on the PP or in Games 1, 4 and 6. It's not like they've been consistent in this series.  And they give up a goal within a minute in half the games!! Please stop with your outrageous homeriffic and self righteous attitude telling my how my opinion should be.  I watched these games and I know a lot about hockey. It's not just you who knows the game. My negative feelings about Jacobs or the past has absolutely NOTHING to do with the present.  I have waited 30 years for a Cup here.  Your arrogance is ridiculous. Some fanbases have it worse, but don't question my loyalty and fandom.  Won't work.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Not to steer you away from your beef with SanDog (actually, it's at least in part to do that since I want only good vibes from all Bruins fans for tonight), but your description of the series so far actually jibes with a prediction I made about how the eastern conference finals would go--and it bodes well!

(True, I originally predicted it would be the B's facing the Caps, but that's a minor detail ;-)

What I predicted --and modified to say the same about Tampa--was that the series would go 7 and that some of the games would be "ugly" for Boston...this has indeed been true. Game 1 was truly awful, game 4 was the blown 3-0 lead, and Game 6 the Bruins just did not play smart or well when it counted.

BUT my prediction was that the B's would win all the tight games of the series (true for the 6-5 game 2 dhootout, the game 3 "perfect road game", and the Game 5 squeaker not salted away until pev's en.)

For Game 7 I predicted another close one with Bergeron assuring a trip for the Bruins to the Stanley Cup Finals with an empty netter as the B's win 3-1.

Why not, eh?

Go Bruins!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

#13. The Hockey Gods owe us one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]#13. The Hockey Gods owe us one.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

I won't argue with that point!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love the fact this thread has a random question mark at the end of it.

TTBI - I get that juju you are feeling. I had the hunch it might be Kelly, but I can see Ryder getting it done, too. Perhaps it has to do with all the talk about special teams, matchups, and the usual suspects of Thomas-Krejci-Looch-Horton-Bergeron versus Roloson-Lecavalier-St. Louis-Stamkos-Gagne.

When the dust has settled, I think the Ryders and Purcells of the world will be the heroes tonight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]I love the fact this thread has a random question mark at the end of it. TTBI - I get that juju you are feeling. I had the hunch it might be Kelly, but I can see Ryder getting it done, too. Perhaps it has to do with all the talk about special teams, matchups, and the usual suspects of Thomas-Krejci-Looch-Horton-Bergeron versus Roloson-Lecavalier-St. Louis-Stamkos-Gagne. When the dust has settled, I think the Ryders and Purcells of the world will be the heroes tonight.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Bite your tongue on Percell. he's done enough damage already IMO.

I always try to predict who the unlikely hero for the Bruins will be. My best guess is still Ryder but another hunch might be--and I guarantee you NO ONE has this guy down for hero worship--Gregory Campbell.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is...more Seguin!"

Julien had commented on how he needs to find a way on last change to free Tyler up gotta have it TTBI!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

We tend to lump in a bunch of "those other guys" together, don't we? It's like we don't really know what to do with the Kelly/Peverly/Ryder/Campbell/Paille monster.

So let's take it by category: scoring ability, grit, speed, defense, energy

They are all above average all-around players, but each definitively excels in one area:

Ryder - scoring ability
    Campbell - grit
    Paille - speed
    Kelly - defense
    Peverly - energy

Gotta think scoring ability is the one we'd all remember as a Game 7 stand-out. I don't think I'll ever get my wish of seeing Ryder up with Marchand and Bergeron, but perhaps he can pull through on the 3rd line with a goal or two tonight. Make it happen, Claude. Make my wish come true, just for one period. If it doesn't work, I apologize and you can ban me from watching the next game.

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
    Marchand-Bergeron-Ryder
    Seguin-Kelly-Peverly
    Paille-Campbell-Recchi

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

14. This isn't the Garden anymore, so we don't have to worry about a power outage screwing us out of a chance at the Cup.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

In game six it seemed there was too much passing and not enough shooting.  

Deep in the third period, Lucic had the puck 15-20 feet right in the slot and he passed to someone (Krej?) way out on the right wing.

SHOOT!!!   

Enough with the cycling, the periphy passing, round and round with nothing to show for it.....no drive or finish....

SHOOT THE PUCK!!   Roloson is edgy.  First two goals on him game six were softies.   We can bomb him, but only if we SHOOT...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why? :  Can we just hope TB doesn't score within the 1st minute of the game tonight? haha
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Speaking of clipboards and ^this, how funny would it be for Julien to roll out Seguin-Bergeron-Krejci or something similarly bonkers to start the game? Just to mess with Tampa's head.

Send in the play....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Bruins win Game 7 - Here's Why?:
    [QUOTE]Although the Bruins failed to win in Tampa last night, I like the chances of winning at home in Game 7. Here's why; 1. Five on five hockey, the B's dominate 2. Bruins will not give the Lightning as many PP chances as they did last night 3. Thomas will rise to the occasion and rebound after a mediocre performance 4. Roloson did not look sharp. He looks tired and spent 5. Home team in game 7 wins 85% of the time when winning game 5 Go Bruins!
    Posted by Camperpete[/QUOTE]

Four out of five right.......good call!