Bryzgalov and Holtby, wow

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Bryzgalov and Holtby, wow

In response to red75's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why do people hate him? 

Here's his statement:  "Not many people live there, not many Russian people there. Plus it's cold. There's no excitement except the hockey. No park, no entertaining for the families, for the kids. It's going to be tough life for your family.  I've been there for just once, maybe twice, when I play in minors. It was really cold. I used the tunnels between the buildings to get to the arena. Because it was minus 40-something. Real cold."

Which part is untrue?  It sure is cold there.  There aren't many Russains there.  I don't know about the nightlife, but if someone said they didn't want to play in Boston because of these things, I wouldn't hate them.

He made no comments about the people of the city.  He didn't say they were jerks or dumb or anything.  He said it is cold, there aren't a lot of people from his country, and there isn't much to do.

What's incorrect or wrong about any of that?

Everything except the temperature. That was why he ticked off so many people. Winnipeg has the largest urban park in NA as well as hundreds of others, (that was the one that honked off people the most because it is so amazingly ignorant).

The second overwhelmingly stupid statement was about no Russians. I grew up two blocks away from the largest Russian Orthodox Cathedral in Canada. Most of the East End, or about a fifth of the city, is of either Russian or Ukranian descent (including myself, with two of my granparents coming from the USSR). It's easier to find borscht in Winnipeg than it is to find pizza in New York. Saying there's no Russians in Winnipeg is like saying there's no Irish in Boston.

A solid nightlife, more festivals than any other city I've been to, entertainment options for both families and kids that are numerous including the world's third ranked ballet, and numerous other activities that i'm too lazy to list.

If he was right about anything other than the temp. he wouldn't have honked off so many people.

Most gangs per capita in canada as well.  So if he doesnt like hockey he can join a gang.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Nope, that'd be Surrey. The Peg hasn't lead n that category for about 15 years - really got the problem under control compared to the problem it used to be.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nope, that'd be Surrey.

Better check again.  I will fwd you a work link if you like that we just received.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Nope, that'd be Surrey.

Better check again.  I will fwd you a work link if you like that we just received.  

Just did - can't find numbers that say they've been tops since the lte 90's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Neverming, just saw that tey took the title back in December.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nope, that'd be Surrey.

Just did - can't find numbers that say they've been tops since the lte 90's.

Combined intelligence inforcement unit sends out 1/4 reports.  I work with a guy that is the ns go to guy.  He said surrey has more gangs in general but they arent titled.  The native population in winnipeg has gangs all over the place.  Technically speaking you are off.  But you are also correct.  

i wouldnt put winnipeg as my top spot to live in canada.  But your last post was great And shows his ignorance.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

i wouldnt put winnipeg as my top spot to live in canada.  But your last post was great And shows his ignorance.  

Me neither, hence why I live in Van these days, but as for his direct statement, it was amazingly ignorant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Not surprised re: Holtby.  I think the Caps set playoff records against the B's for shots blocked last year in the playoffs.  The B's rarely got golden opportunities against this guy as he pretty much saw every puck thrown his way to the point he could catch everything with no rebounds.  IMHO, the jury was still out on this guy with regard to his true talent.  He is being exposed now that things aren't as tight under the Hunter regime. 

Bryzgalov is a bigger surprise as I thought he would be better coming from a prior organization where he saw a lot of rubber and did well.  To be fair, Philly's D always lacked depth after the front 4.  Plus,  they have had too many changes to the entire roster involving key players (either traded, FA, or injured) to establish the "team d" roles the Bruins know seamlessly.  Carter, Pronger, Carle, Richards, JVR, Leino, etc... are ones off the top of my head.  The B's would be in dissaray too if they were transitioning from DK, Chara, Seidenberg, Horton.. for example.  It does not excuse bad goaltending but it does not help your situation either. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Most gangs per capita in canada as well.  So if he doesnt like hockey he can join a gang.  

This info is incorrect, Shupe.  Now the People of The Peg hate you also.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Why do people hate him? 

Here's his statement:  "Not many people live there, not many Russian people there. Plus it's cold. There's no excitement except the hockey. No park, no entertaining for the families, for the kids. It's going to be tough life for your family.  I've been there for just once, maybe twice, when I play in minors. It was really cold. I used the tunnels between the buildings to get to the arena. Because it was minus 40-something. Real cold."

Which part is untrue?  It sure is cold there.  There aren't many Russains there.  I don't know about the nightlife, but if someone said they didn't want to play in Boston because of these things, I wouldn't hate them.

He made no comments about the people of the city.  He didn't say they were jerks or dumb or anything.  He said it is cold, there aren't a lot of people from his country, and there isn't much to do.

What's incorrect or wrong about any of that?

Everything except the temperature. That was why he ticked off so many people. Winnipeg has the largest urban park in NA as well as hundreds of others, (that was the one that honked off people the most because it is so amazingly ignorant).

The second overwhelmingly stupid statement was about no Russians. I grew up two blocks away from the largest Russian Orthodox Cathedral in Canada. Most of the East End, or about a fifth of the city, is of either Russian or Ukranian descent (including myself, with two of my granparents coming from the USSR). It's easier to find borscht in Winnipeg than it is to find pizza in New York. Saying there's no Russians in Winnipeg is like saying there's no Irish in Boston.

A solid nightlife, more festivals than any other city I've been to, entertainment options for both families and kids that are numerous including the world's third ranked ballet, and numerous other activities that i'm too lazy to list.

If he was right about anything other than the temp. he wouldn't have honked off so many people.

They have the world's 3rd ranked ballet, who knew!