B's #1?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

B's #1?

Looks like NHL.com has ranked the B's number 1 to start the season:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=650827&navid=nhl:topheads

I hope they are not trying to jinx us....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: B's #1?

A jinx would be if TSN has us number one or getting the Cup - I don't think they're ever called it right. This year they've got Pitts #1 in the east, Blues #1 in the west, and the Penguins vs. the Canucks for the Cup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Saw that too Red and it just creates more headscratching.

My thing is that the previous SC winner should be ranked first to start the season no matter what. It sure can change but, to me, it would be the correct thing to do.

Call me old fashioned.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

What's more meaningless and pointless than power rankings? Pre-season power rankings.

I must admit I'm shocked they picked anyone over their beloved Penguins, though. Also, why the same team that dominated the playoffs last year and won the cup isn't on top to start the season doesn't really make sense either.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

What's more meaningless and pointless than power rankings? Pre-season power rankings.

I must admit I'm shocked they picked anyone over their beloved Penguins, though. Also, why the same team that dominated the playoffs last year and won the cup isn't on top to start the season doesn't really make sense either.

1.  Kopitar is hurt.

2.  Back surgery for Quick.

3.  Teams don't repeat.

4.  They traded Kevin Westgarth.*

Considering history, it would actually be pretty foolish for anyone to pick a team to repeat.

* This is not a real reason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

1.  Kopitar is hurt.

3.  Teams don't repeat.

Considering history, it would actually be pretty foolish for anyone to pick a team to repeat.

I wouldn't count out a Kings repeat given the extra ~3 months rest, but without Westgarth it would be unlikely. He's so irreplacable. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

1.  Kopitar is hurt.

3.  Teams don't repeat.

NAS id dead on.

Vegas odds are interesing

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

Kings are 3rd to win the cup.

Then they have the Kings 5th to win the division.

So I guess Vegas thinks that history repeats itself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

1.  Kopitar is hurt.

3.  Teams don't repeat.

I wouldn't count out a Kings repeat given the extra ~3 months rest, but without Westgarth it would be unlikely. He's so irreplacable. 

Hold on. Bruins couldn't repeat because the summer was too short. now the Kings won't because summer was too long? Maybe we needed the strike last season...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

1.  Kopitar is hurt.

3.  Teams don't repeat.

NAS id dead on.

Vegas odds are interesing

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

Kings are 3rd to win the cup.

Then they have the Kings 5th to win the division.

So I guess Vegas thinks that history repeats itself.

Fifth to win their division? I trust you mean conference?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

1.  Kopitar is hurt.

3.  Teams don't repeat.

Hold on. Bruins couldn't repeat because the summer was too short. now the Kings won't because summer was too long? Maybe we needed the strike last season...

No one said that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I always go back at the end of the season and read the magazines with the "experts" picks for that upcoming season..I'm usually left wondering why they are refered to as experts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I always go back at the end of the season and read the magazines with the "experts" picks for that upcoming season..I'm usually left wondering why they are refered to as experts.

As is picking a Cup finalist right, the "experts" do nothing more then make educated guesses. Not exactly an art form that can be repeated on a consistent basis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Barry Melrose picked the Wild to win it all, made me laugh. NHL playoffs are too unpredictable, especially before the season starts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Melrose's pick of the Wild makes more sense than Lozo picking Seguin to win the Hart.
    Great player, but he's not there yet.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

As is picking a Cup finalist right, the "experts" do nothing more then make educated guesses. Not exactly an art form that can be repeated on a consistent basis.

You missed my point, but I get the dig. I'm just a guy in a forum, not someone claiming to be an expert.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

You missed my point, but I get the dig. I'm just a guy in a forum, not someone claiming to be an expert.

I doubt that they walk around claiming to be "experts" in regards to predicting. It's a title given to them to draw interest of who's doing the picking for tv, publications etc. If it's Joe Blow no one will read it . Get someone with a known name and voila, instant expert. Nothing more then that in my opinion.

And as far as the dig ? A bad habit that I've been told there is no cure for. Sorry !   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

TSN has man crushes on Crosby, Canucks and Leafs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

Yeah, but its much more understandable then Barry Melroses pure insanity.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I doubt that they walk around claiming to be "experts" in regards to predicting. It's a title given to them to draw interest of who's doing the picking for tv, publications etc. If it's Joe Blow no one will read it . Get someone with a known name and voila, instant expert. Nothing more then that in my opinion.

And as far as the dig ? A bad habit that I've been told there is no cure for. Sorry !   

I get one more Cup finalist this year and I want to be refered to here as the BDC expert. I will settle for nothing less!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I get one more Cup finalist this year and I want to be refered to here as the BDC expert. I will settle for nothing less!

Who'd you pick?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Done. 

I'll read it. You're a known name to me .

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mattbs' comment:

I understand it (for the fanbase), like the Red Sox owners jammimg their team down your throat in January. It's pathetic though, nauseous and down right irritating.

"A bad habit that I've been told there is no cure for."

Don't worry there are disease centers working on this affliction. For now there is always Castor Oil...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

TSN isn't a non-profit news organization.  They have to pander to the Leafs fanbase.  That's their money.

They like Crosby too much?  Well, he's the best player in the world, so it's okay.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Crosby is the best player from Canada as I said i get it. So until Crosby has a year, this year, like Malkin had last year. Geno Malkin is still the reigning best player in the world.

Sections
Shortcuts