B's Announce Development Camp Dates & Roster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

B's Announce Development Camp Dates & Roster

"The Boston Bruins announced today, July 3, their preliminary practice schedule, roster and media availability for the Bruins annual Development Camp at Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington, MA (190 Main Street, Wilmington, MA 01887).

The Bruins Development Camp will be held from Wednesday, July 9 through Sunday, July 13. All on-ice sessions of the Bruins Development Camp are open to the public and the media. Please note practice times are subject to change.

The Development Camp roster features 23 players, including 13 forwards, eight defensemen and two goaltenders. The roster includes 17 players within the Bruins organization, counting Boston’s four selections in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. Six additional players will attend Bruins Development Camp on an invite basis.

BOSTON BRUINS SEVENTH ANNUAL DEVELOPMENT CAMP ROSTER AS OF JULY 3, 2014

Forwards: Cole Bardreau*, Kyle Baun*, Anders Bjork, Anton Blidh, Peter Cehlarik, Mitchell Dempsey, Michael Doherty*, Ryan Donato, Ryan Fitzgerald, Alex Globke*, Colton Hargrove, Simon Norberg*, David Pastrnak.

Defensemen: Linus Arnesson, Matt Benning, Matt Grzelcyk, Emil Johansson, Rob O’ Gara, Wiley Sherman, Billy Sweezey*, Oleg Yevenko*.

Goaltenders: Zane Gothberg, Malcolm Subban.

*Indicates attendance to Development Camp is on an invite basis.

DEVELOPMENT CAMP SCHEDULE AND MEDIA AVAILABILITY

Wednesday, July 9 (Wilmington, MA)
    -On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 10:30 a.m.

Thursday, July 10 (Wilmington, MA)
    -On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 11:00 a.m.

Friday, July 11 (Wilmington, MA)
    -On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 10:00 a.m.

Saturday, July 12 (Wilmington, MA)
    -On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 3:00 p.m.

Sunday, July 13 (Wilmington, MA)
    -On-ice practice, Ristuccia Arena, 10:00 a.m."

BH don't bang on the glass!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: B's Announce Development Camp Dates & Roster

Other than Pastrnak, that's not the most inspiring development camp roster they've had....

Surprised they didn't invite Tommy Cross for old times' sake.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Are there always so many "invitees"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other than Pastrnak, that's not the most inspiring development camp roster they've had.... 

[/QUOTE]

Looks elite to me, but I think some of the first names are wrong. I see a Ray Bjork, Ted Donato, Don Sweezey (I assume it's a typo), Marcus Johansson, PK Subban, Drew Doherty and then Jim Benning and Tom Fitzgerald to help from a GM perspective. Solid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are there always so many "invitees"?

[/QUOTE]

Seems about the same number as other years.

I will be there.  

Anybody else going?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Ok. Thanks!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Check out Oleg, 6'7" 250 lbs and racks up the PIM

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123437

A Shawn Thornton replacement if I ever say one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes but how is he at squirting water?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Yes but how is he at squirting water?

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to keep an eye on that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks elite to me, but I think some of the first names are wrong. I see a Ray Bjork, Ted Donato, Don Sweezey (I assume it's a typo), Marcus Johansson, PK Subban, Drew Doherty and then Jim Benning and Tom Fitzgerald to help from a GM perspective. Solid.

[/QUOTE]

I suppose you're right.  I mean there's Wayne Globzky, Peter Norsberg, Bobby Baun....

[object HTMLDivElement]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Awesome. Well, I at least think we're funny.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Forwards: Cole Bardreau*, Kyle Baun*, Anders Bjork, Anton Blidh, Peter Cehlarik, Mitchell Dempsey, Michael Doherty*, Ryan Donato, Ryan Fitzgerald, Alex Globke*, Colton Hargrove, Simon Norberg*, David Pastrnak.

Defensemen: Linus Arnesson, Matt Benning, Matt Grzelcyk, Emil Johansson, Rob O’ Gara, Wiley Sherman, Billy Sweezey*, Oleg Yevenko*.

Goaltenders: Zane Gothberg, Malcolm Subban.

[/QUOTE]

Years and years of drafting and and that's what we've got.

They're freakin' terrible looking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, three years, mostly, with O'Gara and Gothberg the "Tommy Cross" exceptions.  With the exception of Subban, they didn't bring guys from Providence - waste of time if they're in the pros?  It would look less uninspiring if there was more than one first round pick skater, or if, in general, there were a few more highly skilled forward prospects who might have a few knocks against them like a lack of size or something.

Curious to hear how Donato looks against this group.  Don't-call-me-Boris, too, but Donato in particular, and Wiley Sherman for the same reason - what does he look like in the context of the rest of the prospects and not playing Mass. HS. hockey.

My early prediction: BadHab's first report flags Mitchell Dempsey as the new Dennis Reul....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Arnesson may be of interest. Perhaps

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yeah, the only thing that's less than exciting is that he's a defensive defenseman.  You kind of want to see him handle some high end shooters to really appreciate him, no?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Check out Oleg, 6'7" 250 lbs and racks up the PIM

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123437" rel="nofollow">http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123437

A Shawn Thornton replacement if I ever say one. 

[/QUOTE]

Badhab do you know when Yevenko was acquired by the BRUINS ...I saw that he belongs to the Devils ???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Yevenko was at the Devils rookie camp in 2013 and I dint see anywhere that he has been traded ???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, the only thing that's less than exciting is that he's a defensive defenseman.  You kind of want to see him handle some high end shooters to really appreciate him, no?

[/QUOTE]

Isn't he like 160ish pounds? Yikes...hope he can make a good first pass at least.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Whoops.....185...all is well

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I have watched a few of Yevenko's fights ....one thing I can say is if he can skate and the BRUINS have the rights on him ....bring him in ...he will do a much better job than Thornton 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think PC is trying to get away from all that Stanley

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, three years, mostly, with O'Gara and Gothberg the "Tommy Cross" exceptions.  With the exception of Subban, they didn't bring guys from Providence - waste of time if they're in the pros?  It would look less uninspiring if there was more than one first round pick skater, or if, in general, there were a few more highly skilled forward prospects who might have a few knocks against them like a lack of size or something.

Curious to hear how Donato looks against this group.  Don't-call-me-Boris, too, but Donato in particular, and Wiley Sherman for the same reason - what does he look like in the context of the rest of the prospects and not playing Mass. HS. hockey.

My early prediction: BadHab's first report flags Mitchell Dempsey as the new Dennis Reul....

[/QUOTE]

No.  Reul owns the award for worst all time skater I've ever seen playing an elite level of hockey.  

Dempsey looked out of shape at the last camp and that was his biggest issue, curious to see if he's shaped up since then.  I would be kind of shocked if he hasn't hit the gym.  Young kid like that given a once in a life time opportunity, you would have to think he'd be have to be motivated.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll reply to you rather than the attention seeking mentally imbalanced numb skull.  You don't have to be Bruins property to be a camp invitee.  Seems like they just want enough guys there with a sufficient talent level so that they can scrimmage and evaluate their property against somewhat similar competition.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll reply to you rather than the attention seeking mentally imbalanced numb skull.  You don't have to be Bruins property to be a camp invitee.  Seems like they just want enough guys there with a sufficient talent level so that they can scrimmage and evaluate their property against somewhat similar competition.  

[/QUOTE]

Badhab In an earlier post I've offered you a Peace truce ...like I said all the fans that are part of this forum and post in the month of July have to be passionnate about their team and are true BRUINS fans ...will you accept my proposal ?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:[QUOTE]

Arnesson may be of interest. Perhaps  [/QUOTE]

PBruins D will Bruins will probably start the season looking like.

Morrow-Trotman

Arnesson-Warsofsky

Simonelli-Breen

Cross

Pretty much the defense that went to the 2nd round of the Calder Cup.