B's are their own worst enemies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

B's are their own worst enemies

A lot of times when this team seems to get control of a series, they come up with a dud; it happened against Carolina in '09 (game 2), then - of course - against the Flyers in 2010 (game 7, up by three goals), this year in TB (game 4)  and now in games 2 & 5 in Vancouver. So much for all the momentum from their lopsided victories at TD Garden (let's forget TT's playoff momentum theory for a moment) - when this team gets too confident, they almost stop skating. Don't get me wrong, I like their resiliency, but after two convincing performances in Boston this was the game they should have won in BC, and IMHO their effort tonight was simply not good enough.

It's plain and simple: You want to win this thing, you have to win at least one game in Vancouver. Somebody has to step up big time. Stay-the-course/steady-as-she-goes-type of coaching a la CJ doesn't cut it, as we have seen in three road games in the SCF; they have to try a different game plan.

And if KPD is right, and the bear only woke up after Rome's check against Horton, they need to be a lot more aggressive in game 6 to at least force a game 7 - and then play with the same kind of intensity on Wednesday night.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: B's are their own worst enemies

I really thought the Bruins would keep this game close , squeeze a victory and that's what they tried to do.
    I can bet my house on it that game 7 and there will be a game 7 in Vancouver the Bruins will not play like tonight.
    The sky is falling and yet they win just one game in Vancouver and the cup is ours ,  the Bruins win the cup. Just one victory in Vancouver.
    I believe it could be done.
    Come Monday I expect another demolishing of Vancouver.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: B's are their own worst enemies:
    [QUOTE]I really thought the Bruins would keep this game close , squeeze a victory and that's what they tried to do. I can bet my house on it that game 7 and there will be a game 7 in Vancouver the Bruins will not play like tonight. The sky is falling and yet they win just one game in Vancouver and the cup is ours ,  the Bruins win the cup. Just one victory in Vancouver. I believe it could be done. Come Monday I expect another demolishing of Vancouver.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    This was a huge game,make no mistake about it but the B's played a good road game and had some good chances. Vancouver was not going to go home and roll over.They squeaked out a 1 goal win in a tight game off a good bounce.It was a good goal not a fluke.Hand it to the Canucks , they held serve.Now the B's have to do the same thing and go back to Van and lay it all on the line.Go B's !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: B's are their own worst enemies:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's are their own worst enemies : This was a huge game,make no mistake about it but the B's played a good road game and had some good chances. Vancouver was not going to go home and roll over.They squeaked out a 1 goal win in a tight game off a good bounce.It was a good goal not a fluke.Hand it to the Canucks , they held serve.Now the B's have to do the same thing and go back to Van and lay it all on the line.Go B's !!!
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Well said, 50below.  That the Bruins are returning home after hammering the Canucks should help to heal their minds going in and hopefully unnerve the opposition.  Its not like the B's have a choice in the matter. 

I will say this; we're all clearly seeing what the potentially huge impact a functioning PP can have in a close game.  The Bruins are at a deficit without one.  With the energy of the home crowd behind them, the B's will be buoyed for Game 6 and win it. 

Sections
Shortcuts