B's @ Habs Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: B's @ Habs Game Thread

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

In response to Remi72's comment:

Happy to get the victory with three American league players in it (not far from four, with Bourque), but, the Bruins played only 7 minutes in the third, showed no emotion and didn't play physical.

Krejci was very bad in the two first periods. Good that he redeemed himself with two great plays in a new line! And, I can't help thinking of poor Peverley, all alone....Kelly having a real dry begining of season, and Bourque useless...

...and they keep winning and you keep whining. You want the fully loaded cake with all the icing and you don't want to share. Everything is not perfect all the time, mon frere.

Wheats, I'm as happy as anyone about the win but I agree with everything Remi said in his post.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Happy to get the victory with three American league players in it (not far from four, with Bourque), but, the Bruins played only 7 minutes in the third, showed no emotion and didn't play physical.

Krejci was very bad in the two first periods. Good that he redeemed himself with two great plays in a new line! And, I can't help thinking of poor Peverley, all alone....Kelly having a real dry begining of season, and Bourque useless...

...and they keep winning and you keep whining. You want the fully loaded cake with all the icing and you don't want to share. Everything is not perfect all the time, mon frere.

Wheats, I'm as happy as anyone about the win but I agree with everything Remi said in his post.

U got some admirers out there huh dez my boy? A lot of poster on poster crime going on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to LoyalBlackNGold's comment:

U got some admirers out there huh dez my boy? A lot of poster on poster crime going on.

I might only be partly responsible though Loyal. Cheers buddy! Go Bruins!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I know Mike Johnson played for the Habs but it's crazy how bad he's on their jocks tonight. He's doing his best Pierre McGuire imitation.

For sure, made me sick to listen to, was pretty quiet though about 2 minutes into the third.;D

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I thought this was Bourque's best game so far, if he could play that well every game he'd be worth keeping.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

My goal is not to find a reason to cry every game, but as all of you, I presume, I see certain things that B's could improve, that's all!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I thought this was Bourque's best game so far, if he could play that well every game he'd be worth keeping.

A player needs two things : Talent and effort

You're right, Bourque showed effort, but, sometimes soon, he'll need to prove that he can creates offensive chances in the NHL, allthough why the B's would keep him in the lineup? We allready have Kelly, Campbell and Paille as all-defensive players, we need someone who can click withe Peverley and create sparks...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:

My goal is not to find a reason to cry every game, but as all of you, I presume, I see certain things that B's could improve, that's all!

We see them too. The boys aren't machines. These things happens, move on...you might miss what's around the corner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

This thread was comparable to an epic movie. 

Criticism, impatience, fickleness and opinions by some that were a bit off that built to a joyful climax with 2 quick goals. A happy ending ensued where eventually everyone went to bed happy. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Yup, great effort and hustle from Bourque.  Really working hard, love his ethic from game to game.

1. Habs come out storming while Bs are flat

2. Rask stands on his head in the first.

3. Bs get their bearings and get the lead.

4. Rask makes more key stops down the stretch.

5. Seguin finding his groove (2 games and going)

6. And playing with a load of call ups.

uhh.....wow?  Yeah, wow.  Couldn't ask for a better start to the short season.

Your point #6 is the key to this game in my opinion. The 4rth line barely played, almost getting John Scott minutes which put pressure on the other three lines (Campbell on the second line, really?). That they could still wear the Habs down over the course of the game and pull out a win with a whole line of farmhands speaks volumes on the conditioning of the regulars on this team.

Congrats on a well earned win......oh, and fire Wars already for pete's sake.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Souray.  4 goals. 2 helpers.  Leads team in ice time most nights. Still think he stinks ? 

No becuase he is healthy and is helping the Ducks with that juggernaut offense. He would be a welcome asset to the Bruins PP but Anaheim will not part with him.

Souray 7 points, Wiz 5 points...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Souray.  4 goals. 2 helpers.  Leads team in ice time most nights. Still think he stinks ? 

No becuase he is healthy and is helping the Ducks with that juggernaut offense. He would be a welcome asset to the Bruins PP but Anaheim will not part with him.

Souray 7 points, Wiz 5 points...

Poor Wiz has a concussion now to boot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Best game I've ever seen by Rask

B's not finishing checks again, its aways the 1st domino for this team, not that complicated

51 looked good needs ice time... 48 bye bye

68 competed his azz off

Chara WTF ???

At least Lucic was making an effort, can't say that for everybody(18)

I've seen enough of Bergeron and Chara on the PP to last a lifetime - truth is they totally suk at it , Hamilton Spooner time, its literally impossible to do worse -

Did you see Seguin rush with speed up the middle ? C'MON put him where he belongs  - keep Krejci on the wing, he looks good there

Good job Claude , now time to take ice time from PP line ups, regardless of who they are

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

When did Chara start taking Corvo pills?

Yah something is up with Chara, hope he is not hurt. He has not been his Big Z self.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Best game I've ever seen by Rask

B's not finising checks again, its aways the 1st domino for this team, not that complicated

51 looked good needs ice time... 48 bye bye

68 competed his azz off

Chara WTF ???

At least Lucic was making an effort, can't say that for everybody(18)

I've seen enough of Bergeron and Chara on the PP to last a lifetime - truth is they totally suk at it , Hamilton Spooner time, its literally impossible to do worse -

Did you see Seguin rush with speed up the middle ? C'MON put him where he belongs  - keep Krejci on the wing, he looks good there

Good job Claude , now time to take ice time from PP line ups, regardless of who they are

If that's the case you've missed some real beauty's by him.

I would like CJ to try him at center as well. Although this was Tyler's best game imo this yr. He actually went into the corners without the puck & came out with it. He even layed a couple of hits. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A game in Montreal is not for the squeamish. A great win for the team, and for the faithful and patient fan. As for the power play....how about just rolling the top two lines during the man advantage?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to watchtower's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A game in Montreal is not for the squeamish. A great win for the team, and for the faithful and patient fan. As for the power play....how about just rolling the top two lines during the man advantage?

I agree with that idea Watch. The PP's are too much of a mish mash of players for my liking. To compound the issue, it ends up taking a few shifts getting the lines straightened back out once CJ mixes them up on the PP.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I've held off of Chara, but he is not playing his game and has been poor on break out passes. The switch of Seguin and Kreji's passes made the difference. Hamilton is close to the best D on the ice for the Bruins. That said, this pace may wear him down, so expect Claude to rest him in spots. Campbell works all the time, but he is not Marchand, and Bergie's passes are not being met. $th line played small minutes, but hustled when on the ice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DAVESTAPLETON86. Show DAVESTAPLETON86's posts

With all that said, a W against a decent hab team.

Rask got their backs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Yup, great effort and hustle from Bourque.  Really working hard, love his ethic from game to game.

1. Habs come out storming while Bs are flat

2. Rask stands on his head in the first.

3. Bs get their bearings and get the lead.

4. Rask makes more key stops down the stretch.

5. Seguin finding his groove (2 games and going)

6. And playing with a load of call ups.

uhh.....wow?  Yeah, wow.  Couldn't ask for a better start to the short season.

Ya know, there was a time not too long ago that we would not have had those stops (that keep the team in the game) while in Montreal...Forum or Bell Centre.

The Habs would have come out like gang busters and built a 2 goal lead and we'd be scrambling to get back into the game.

Times have changed. Good/great goaltending can halt the momentum long enough to right the ship and take control of a game - just as we did last night.

I am very comfortable with Rask playing the bulk of the games (in the past I was not sure he could handle the badge of #1) and Khudobin playing one of our 6 back to backs this year.

Despite Stanley's trumpeting of Khudobin I really don't see him getting more than 7 or 8 games (barring injury).

And that's fine by me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

What I learned:

1. Seguin does NOT need to be moved to center. You want your more talented offensive players on the wing, where there is less defensive responsibility. Plus, he's not nearly as good on faceoffs as other centers.

2. Krejci is maddening to watch because he never looks like he's making a difference out there. However, he is excellent at generating opportunities for his wingers. Seems to me that his stock rises and falls solely on his winger's ability to execute on the chances he provides them.

3. PP. Like everyone else, change would be welcome. Just posted elsewhere that I agree two defencement should be out there. Forwards on the blue line drive me nuts.

4. Line changes. Good to see, but I don't expect them to last. Julien wants to balance the lines as much as possible, and beat you with team depth. This clearly has worked in the past. I think last night's moves are only a result of not having enough horses to send out balanced lines, so he went top-heavy to get by. I'd personally love to see a Seguin and Horton swap for a few games.

5. More checking and aggressive forechecking is needed. Boston needs to be the heavier team to play against every night. Prevent defence last night reminded me of those old Carolina series, where Boston tried not to lose and, well, lost.

6. It's a luxury to complain about a team that's winning.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I didn't like Peverley's play on that penalty kill. I was watching the scrum in the corner and I saw Peverley standing still in the middle of the ice and was thinking "move around Peverley, Subban is sneaking in behind you" then the puck squirts to the other d-man, he slides it over and bam the Habs are up 1-0. You should never be standing completely still.