B's Cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

B's Cap

Just remember that Ference and Horton ultimately are cap casualties (although in Ference's case, it also opens up a spot to have Krug/Hamilton/Bartkowski join an 8-man d corps if you include Redden, who I doubt will be part of their plan). Better to have 7 so when there is someone hurt, you got the sixth man. Heck, you can even do it healthy scratch a guy every fourth or fifth game to save the legs of the d-men for the playoffs. It would give the team more latitude and allow a Bartkowski, for instance, to get regular NHL play time without having to get rid of another guy. B's will sign Rask, and then the B's will do what they can to bring in a competent replacement scorer, someone to take the spot of Horton. I don't think Seguin will be dealt, but if he is, it better be for an NHL scorer now, not a future prospect....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: B's Cap

In response to dannycater's comment:

Just remember that Ference and Horton ultimately are cap casualties (although in Ference's case, it also opens up a spot to have Krug/Hamilton/Bartkowski join an 8-man d corps if you include Redden, who I doubt will be part of their plan). Better to have 7 so when there is someone hurt, you got the sixth man. Heck, you can even do it healthy scratch a guy every fourth or fifth game to save the legs of the d-men for the playoffs. It would give the team more latitude and allow a Bartkowski, for instance, to get regular NHL play time without having to get rid of another guy. B's will sign Rask, and then the B's will do what they can to bring in a competent replacement scorer, someone to take the spot of Horton. I don't think Seguin will be dealt, but if he is, it better be for an NHL scorer now, not a future prospect....

it better be for an NHL scorer now, and a future prospect. and come to think of it probably a draft pick or two. 

Sections
Shortcuts