B's D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

B's D

Nice to beat a good team like the kings dressing our 9th Dman.  I don't know much about Morrow but when the trade happened he seemed to be the gem of the prospects.  If thats the case, considering Smith leads team in scoring, thats great.  I am just wondering why we haven't seen him yet?  Is he not ready? Is he not as advertised so far?

The latest "buzz" on TSN is that if Girardi became available Bos and Anh would be interested and it would take a package of young D plus.  If you put Krug, Hamilton, Bartkowski, Miller, Morrow and Warsofsky in that category, who are you willing to part with?  And has the play of Miller and Bartkowski made Boychuk or Mquaid expendible (considering the higher return in a trade....I say no.)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: B's D

In response to Neecic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice to beat a good team like the kings dressing our 9th Dman.  I don't know much about Morrow but when the trade happened he seemed to be the gem of the prospects.  If thats the case, considering Smith leads team in scoring, thats great.  I am just wondering why we haven't seen him yet?  Is he not ready? Is he not as advertised so far?

The latest "buzz" on TSN is that if Girardi became available Bos and Anh would be interested and it would take a package of young D plus.  If you put Krug, Hamilton, Bartkowski, Miller, Morrow and Warsofsky in that category, who are you willing to part with?  And has the play of Miller and Bartkowski made Boychuk or Mquaid expendible (considering the higher return in a trade....I say no.)

[/QUOTE]

krug and hamilton aren't available. miller and boychuk aren't young. My guess is that a trade for girardi would include morrow and bartkowski + something else. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

krug and hamilton aren't available. miller and boychuk aren't young. My guess is that a trade for girardi would include morrow and bartkowski + something else. 

[/QUOTE]

seguin wasn't available either.  Bartkowski's 25, millers 26, I think they're either both old or both young.

Point was, who would you let go, is Morrow that good? He's been traded twice already.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

seguin wasn't available either.  Bartkowski's 25, millers 26, I think they're either both old or both young.

Point was, who would you let go, is Morrow that good? He's been traded twice already.

[/QUOTE]

ya, and seguin wasn't available for an expiring contract. He was available for a top line winger, 3 good prospects, and 3.25 million in cap space. 

Sure Morrow has been traded twice, a lot of good players get traded. Look what he was traded for. He was the main prospect in a deal for tyler seguin, and pittsburgh traded him with a 5th round pick for the other morrow and a 3rd. Last years deadline was about as expensive as it gets, and he fetched an upgrade in draft currency. 

Sections
Shortcuts