B's DEFENSE!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

B's DEFENSE!!!!!!!

I went to the game last night B's vs BJ's and as most of you saw, we got lucky. Rask by far had his best game after giving up the first goal (soft). He stood on his head and looked like TT out there.
    BUT, this is what Ive been YELLING all along.....THE B'S D needs to tighten up. TR made some spectacular saves in the game. Actually some of the best stops Ive seen him make or any goalie for that matter, in one game. Our D is SLOW and the speedy teams have a better time with them. Exactly why Montreal always gives us trouble. Theyre fast.
    After last nights game, if the D doesnt improve and quit hanging our goalies out to dry, we're in trouble come playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: B's DEFENSE!!!!!!!

Hope you had someone sitting next to you, sparsely crowded.  Anyway the defense is an issue but only because the forwards were not forechecking.  The defense and defensive style of the Bs relies heavily on the play of the forwrds.  Rask won the game for sure nonetheless.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

If you were there, could you answer me this: Were Jackets fans actually booing Chara when he touched the puck? I thought I had heard a small smattering over the TV.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to B's DEFENSE!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I went to the game last night B's vs BJ's and as most of you saw, we got lucky. Rask by far had his best game after giving up the first goal (soft). He stood on his head and looked like TT out there. BUT, this is what Ive been YELLING all along.....THE B'S D needs to tighten up. TR made some spectacular saves in the game. Actually some of the best stops Ive seen him make or any goalie for that matter, in one game. Our D is SLOW and the speedy teams have a better time with them. Exactly why Montreal always gives us trouble. Theyre fast. After last nights game, if the D doesnt improve and quit hanging our goalies out to dry, we're in trouble come playoffs.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

Although I'm certainly glad for last night's win, I have to wonder what has happened recently to the club's strong positional play behind their own blue line? 

For some reason, the Bruins have developed the habit of straying from their positions leaving opposition players wide open much like they did with Voracek last night with that late game, golden chance to the left of Rask that would have put the Jackets up 3-2. 

On the PK, I'm sometimes seeing two opposition forwards parked at the corners of the crease.  If this isn't addressed during the remaining games of the regular season, it will be hard to believe it can be corrected during the pressure-packed playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Isla, Good point on the Bruins forecheck ATROCIOUS as of late!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: B's DEFENSE!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]If you were there, could you answer me this: Were Jackets fans actually booing Chara when he touched the puck? I thought I had heard a small smattering over the TV.
    Posted by bruinsdiehard[/QUOTE]

It happened once or twice and it was a very weak Booo. Nothing like the game against Buffalo thats for sure. There was absolutely no one at the game. Ive never been to a game with so few in attendance. I didnt mind though. I guess thats what happens when you dont do anything in the offseason. Fans here are upset with the product the BJ's have on the ice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: B's DEFENSE!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Isla, Good point on the Bruins forecheck ATROCIOUS as of late!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    Speaking of Forechecking. Several times in the game Seguin did a good job of it, only to let the player blow right by him. Seguin needs to get his body in on the play. Not so much hit the player, but get in his way. Watch the body Seguin, not the puck.