B's Dominate Own Division

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

B's Dominate Own Division

Crazy stat which may play into the post-season.

Bs record against NE: 18-4-1

Against the rest of the East: 19-19-2

Perhaps playing Ottawa in the first round is a good idea after all?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?season=20112012&type=XVE

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: B's Dominate Own Division

Weak division, which also adds to why Ottawa is in the playoffs at all, and a good first round opponent for the B's. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

In Response to Re: B's Dominate Own Division:
    [QUOTE]Weak division, which also adds to why Ottawa is in the playoffs at all, and a good first round opponent for the B's. 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Northeast is the Bruins and the 4 softest teams in the NHL. No wonder they dominate them.

Ottawa may have Neil but he's the softest "tough guy" in the league, goes after non fighters and has to have his gloves pried of by anyone his size.

I like Zach Smith a lot, though. Good Bruin type player.

Toronto, Buffalo, and Montreol are easily the softest teams in the league.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Northeast is the Bruins and the 4 softest teams in the NHL. No wonder they dominate them. Ottawa may have Neil but he's the softest "tough guy" in the league, goes after non fighters and has to have his gloves pried of by anyone his size. I like Zach Smith a lot, though. Good Bruin type player. Toronto, Buffalo, and Montreol are easily the softest teams in the league.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

If you go through his fight card this year you'll notice that the majority of his fights were for the most part against guys who can fight and are his size. I have never thought of Neil as a player who picks and chooses who he fights. From what I've seen he takes on everyone and anyone.

He fought Chara . Not many have the nuts to do that.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/16/fightcard/reg2012

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]Northeast is the Bruins and the 4 softest teams in the NHL. No wonder they dominate them. Ottawa may have Neil but he's the softest "tough guy" in the league, goes after non fighters and has to have his gloves pried of by anyone his size. I like Zach Smith a lot, though. Good Bruin type player. Toronto, Buffalo, and Montreol are easily the softest teams in the league.

Its odd but for so long the Southeast division was the weakest where only one team (most recently the Caps) tended to dominate while the other teams struggled, and usually failed, to make the playoffs. You're right in that it really would not be far off to suggest the B's are now the beneficiaries of the weakest in the East. Times have changed. The state of the Sabres must have come as a surprise to most, however, considering the money they spent in the offseason and the fact they have a Vezina winner in net.

Don't agree with you about Neil though. He has fought absolutely everyone possible and usually handles himself quite well. Also, with Carkner, Phillips, and Cowen on D they can handle the physical stuff. Phillips and Cowen may not throw down consistently but they are good solid defensive D men who like to dish out the punishment. Not in the same class as the B's though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The SE is still worse. I've watched a lot of that division this year, and even their two playoff teams aren't as good as even the Sens. The  Panthers, Caps, Jets and Bolts are more balanced than the Bruins are with the rest of the NE, there's more parity, but the high-end level of play just is not there - each team is still a part or two away from being better than the Sens, and a ways away from matching up with the Bruins or the Atlantic teams (though I do wish the Jets could play all 82 games against Philly - talk about having a team's number.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Red, I can totally see the Jets becoming the Bruins of the SE. They have a young core, play it tough, have a horse anchoring the D (Buff), no superstar to eat up a pile of cap space, and unheralded goaltending in Pavelec just as TT was for years in Boston until he finally got the props he deserves. I see them as the 07-08 Bruins, still finding their consistency and not as repected as they should be. A few tweaks here and there and some more experience and they will be a team to be reckoned with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Odd I was just reading an article on TSN, and Mark chipman says the team they're modelling themselves fater, both on and off the ice, is the Nashville Predators of all teams.

"

"That may sound strange to people in Winnipeg, that Nashville's a team we've looked so carefully at."

But he says on the ice, Nashville consistently makes the playoffs and gives the NHL's best a run for their money. The Predators have missed then playoffs only once since the 2003-2004 season.

"They've done it methodically, they've done it by developing their players and they've done it with a consistency in management and philosophy ... I think but for a couple of bounces that team could have a Stanley Cup banner hanging under their rafters."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Hmmm. Definitely something to consider. I guess I can see it business-wise where the Preds are a small market team with a tight management imposed budget, usually much lower then the cap max.

I hope for Winnipeg's sake Chipman can see past this because the Preds can't keep the players they develop and end up scrambling every year to fill holes in their roster on the cheap. More to come after this season when Weber or Suter  (or both) jump ship. They are geared to simply making the playoffs, not to win it all in my opinion. I would like to think an owner will spend the required money when necessary. Not recklessly like the Buffalo guy, but with purpose like PC.

Style-wise, they are very different teams. I like the Jets style much better.

Very interesting article

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

You're way off on Neil. You must be listening so some disgruntled Leaf, or Hab fan who Neil lay a beat down on. He's not an easy guy to replace! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]Hmmm. Definitely something to consider. I guess I can see it business-wise where the Preds are a small market team with a tight management imposed budget, usually much lower then the cap max. I hope for Winnipeg's sake Chipman can see past this because the Preds can't keep the players they develop and end up scrambling every year to fill holes in their roster on the cheap. More to come after this season when Weber or Suter  (or both) jump ship. They are geared to simply making the playoffs, not to win it all in my opinion. I would like to think an owner will spend the required money when necessary. Not recklessly like the Buffalo guy, but with purpose like PC. Style-wise, they are very different teams. I like the Jets style much better. Very interesting article
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Yeah nice to see they're well into the black and won't be in the reevenue sharing (may be actually paying into it) and that's even withut any playoff revenue this year. It'll be interesting to see what the actual numbers are, but it sounds like they'll be in the top ten or so for revenues/profit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from burythehabs. Show burythehabs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Dominate Own Division : You're way off on Neil. You must be listening so some disgruntled Leaf, or Hab fan who Neil lay a beat down on. He's not an easy guy to replace! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

...or thinking of Neal, for Pitt.
    Neil for Ottawa is a tough player and plays with a lot of heart. I did not back down at all when Chara came calling, and hung in there quite well