B's Habs Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Re: B's Habs Game Thread

I hate the Habs so much. The team they've had for the last 2 seasons (including this one) is so pesky, quick, and at least as skilled as the group led by Koivu, Kovalev, et al. They're tough, but evil, and good always wins in the end.

SEGUIN SMASH, tonight!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Re: B's Habs Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]I hate the Habs so much. The team they've had for the last 2 seasons (including this one) is so pesky, quick, and at least as skilled as the group led by Koivu, Kovalev, et al. They're tough, but evil, and good always wins in the end. SEGUIN SMASH, tonight!!!!!
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

This leaves me all very confused. I can never figure out why the B's coaches never gets more out of its lineup & I can never figure out how the Habs with a bunch of cast offs from other teams ( Gill Gomez Halpern ) play so well. They always get the most out of their players. CJ are you listening?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien won't send in a forchecker to slow down Plekanec, Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri so it will be up to Thomas early.Watch out for PK little Brad he'll be looking for you again as he is Montreal's new Lapierre!

I have a good feeling for some reason about Horton and Krejci being reunited they could be big tonight. I also say Campbell and Marchand get some points tonight two each. Price has been shaky lately shot allot and shoot often Bs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]Julien won't send in a forchecker to slow down Plekanec, Gionta, Gomez and Cammalleri so it will be up to Thomas early.Watch out for PK little Brad he'll be looking for you again as he is Montreal's new Lapierre! I have a good feeling for some reason about Horton and Krejci being reunited they could be big tonight. I also say Campbell and Marchand get some points tonight two each. Price has been shaky lately shot allot and shoot often Bs!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Your bang on, the best forecheck we have is when Krejci & Wheels are on the PK.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Not exactly a must win. More like a better freakin win!

I've not been able to watch many games of late. It'd be pretty sweet to see a win. Especially against the Habs.

As an aside my brother-in-law brought me The Game by Ken Dryden for Christmas. He's from NY so it could have been worse (Yankees, euch!). It's actually a pretty good read. I had no idea Scott Bowman was born in Forfar, Scotland. Who'da thunk it!

Any updates on Horton's injury? Will he shoot the puck tonight or will it be more fancy dan drop passes?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

CJ doesn't get a lot out of his players? I have to disagree there.

- Lucic -- 2nd round pick, not a good skater, very little pure offensive talent -- kid became a legit $4 million talent.

- Krejci -- also a 2nd rounder -- has thrived under CJ

- Savard -- pure offensive-type learns defense, considered one of the top centers in the league prior to his concussion, considered a lucky opportunist (Kovalchuk, Iginla) prior

- Bergeron -- despite concussions -- develops into one of the top defensive forwards in the NHL; named to CANADIAN OLYMPIC TEAM!

- Boychuk -- comes out of nowhere to become a solid D. Ask Ovechkin (better yet, search) who he thinks the best defensman on the Bruins are. His ranking, "Chara, Boychuk, they're very good all together." Not bad finishing second to the most unique defender in NHL history and recent Norris trophy winner.

- Stuart has really only come into his own since CJ took over; throw in McQuaid here, too.

- Recchi -- stays and plays. Would he if he didn't think CJ had what it took? This is a HUGE endorsement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]CJ doesn't get a lot out of his players? I have to disagree there. - Lucic -- 2nd round pick, not a good skater, very little pure offensive talent -- kid became a legit $4 million talent. - Krejci -- also a 2nd rounder -- has thrived under CJ - Savard -- pure offensive-type learns defense, considered one of the top centers in the league prior to his concussion, considered a lucky opportunist (Kovalchuk, Iginla) prior - Bergeron -- despite concussions -- develops into one of the top defensive forwards in the NHL; named to CANADIAN OLYMPIC TEAM! - Boychuk -- comes out of nowhere to become a solid D. Ask Ovechkin (better yet, search) who he thinks the best defensman on the Bruins are. His ranking, "Chara, Boychuk, they're very good all together." Not bad finishing second to the most unique defender in NHL history and recent Norris trophy winner. - Stuart has really only come into his own since CJ took over; throw in McQuaid here, too. - Recchi -- stays and plays. Would he if he didn't think CJ had what it took? This is a HUGE endorsement.

dc , may I add to your list Tuukka's great season of a year ago and Marchand , a 4th rounder who is now playing some really good hockey as a 3rd - 4th liner .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Habs Game Thread : dc , may I add to your list Tuukka's great season of a year ago and Marchand , a 4th rounder who is now playing some really good hockey as a 3rd - 4th liner .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

You may not. My list was exhaustive and perfect.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: B's Habs Game Thread : You may not. My list was exhaustive and perfect.

LOL . It was well a thought out list.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I hate the Habs so much, it's even greater than dc's hate....but....the game for the Bruins will be won or lost in the Bruins end. If they don't start skating, instead of standing around, the Habs fast lil somesabi*ch's will be all over our D men taking the puck off of them....I won't even mention about what they need to do, if and when they get to the other end of the rink...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

Please let us hope the refs do not let the crowd call phantom penalties on the B's as is the usual case in Mtl.

Go B's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]CJ doesn't get a lot out of his players? I have to disagree there. - Lucic -- 2nd round pick, not a good skater, very little pure offensive talent -- kid became a legit $4 million talent. - Krejci -- also a 2nd rounder -- has thrived under CJ - Savard -- pure offensive-type learns defense, considered one of the top centers in the league prior to his concussion, considered a lucky opportunist (Kovalchuk, Iginla) prior - Bergeron -- despite concussions -- develops into one of the top defensive forwards in the NHL; named to CANADIAN OLYMPIC TEAM! - Boychuk -- comes out of nowhere to become a solid D. Ask Ovechkin (better yet, search) who he thinks the best defensman on the Bruins are. His ranking, "Chara, Boychuk, they're very good all together." Not bad finishing second to the most unique defender in NHL history and recent Norris trophy winner. - Stuart has really only come into his own since CJ took over; throw in McQuaid here, too. - Recchi -- stays and plays. Would he if he didn't think CJ had what it took? This is a HUGE endorsement.

2M$ and 1st line PP and 2nd line mins would have brought Gretz back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sorry DC exhausting but not perfect.

Cj had nothing to do with
    Lucic came out with star status with his junior play of crash and bang, Cj has started to take his smack out of his crackle and pop, Cj is slowing him down and taking the life out of him and his players that is why he can't get lefe out of them, he wants them to play like zombies, dump chase and stay back.

Naming Luc, Krej Berg McQ Boyc or any other rooks that came up is just too stupid to say he made them.

How about he took a 37 goal scorer and threw him on the 3rd line to become a freakin checker, took a diminutive point+ player Sav (yes he made him more defensive minded) and makes him fight his own battles because Cj likes to turn his cheek.  Boych had 5 goals last year, this year under top D pairing with Z he has just 7 assists.

If he was that great why couldn't he coach Wide and Hun our 2 most talented offensive D, what is going to become of Kampf next.

Boych is a talent despite sitting in pressbox for Cj, Ference and his injuries is what made Boyc, he made the best of his situation despite Cj, same said for McQ, Sob, March, Luc, Krej, Stu, Berg, Kamp, Wheel and TT.

I am thinking of coming out of retirement, a few years older than Rec, about 50 pounds heavier and a few more gears than he has now and a definite attitude. Give me 2M, 15 mins a night, all the PP time I can get and 40 games til the playoffs and I'll play too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

First 5 minutes should tell the tale of the game.. lately when Bruins come into the Bell Centre , they become transfixed  with the spotlight of Saturday night and just stand around and watch the Habs come at them in waves , with speed, and usually end up scoring opening goal, and the result is pretty well dictacted after that.. Bruins play catch up..

For the Bruins,  they have to engage in physical contact from the outset, hitting the Habs and pressuring their weakened D lineup, they will cough it up.... but easier said than done.. Bruins have not shown that type of play consistently all season, and the Habs are just too quick for the B's..

Horton out and Paille in.. Ouch!! Not good.. TT needs to stand on his head tonite and bail the B's out again..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

No4BobbyOrr --

Lucic had 89 points in 133 games in the WHL and was a 2nd round pick. True, Memorial Cup MVP (after he was drafted), but he was hardly a "star" in junior. Krejci is a better example for you as he was a point per game player at every level.

Bergeron's career was almost over but he developed into a very valuable player under CJ.

Who was the 37 goal scorer put on the third line?

Savard was made to fight his own battles -- that seems like a good thing...??? Did his point totals significantly drop until the concussion?

Not sure how you can conclude that a 3rd round pick with 4 NHL games is a talent (Boychuk). We can say that now and the only coach he's played for at the NHL level: CJ. Ditto for McQuaid, Marchand, Stuart. Wheel has been disappointing and Kamper is too young to tell.

Hunwick and Wideman were never tremendously talented players -- average to above average, respectively, with significant flaws.

As for Recchi -- if you really were a multi-millionaire future of hall of famer, tired, with a body that's been beaten to tar for the last twenty years, would you REALLY come back for another year for another million after taxes if you didn't want, and believe you had, a legitimate shot of winning? Doubt it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: B's Habs Game Thread:[QUOTE]First 5 minutes should tell the tale of the game.. lately when Bruins come into the Bell Centre , they become transfixed  with the spotlight of Saturday night and just stand around and watch the Habs come at them in waves , with speed, and usually end up scoring opening goal, and the result is pretty well dictacted after that.. Bruins play catch up.. Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

You really nailed how the bruins pretty much always come out against the Habs at Le Belle. My thinking is Boston should come out like the lionesses picking off the wounded wildebeest with Montreal down two very good defenseman but the Habs always find a way to stifle the Bs up north. The first five minutes is spot on!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

LETS GO BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS  NEED A WIN TONIGHT .GOT TO BE FIRED UP FOR THIS ONE VS THE SCABS .GO BIG OR STAY HOME                                                                                   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I'm going to the game tonight. Hopefully the refs aren't to bad tonight

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Espo72. Show Espo72's posts

For me the Habs are the acid test for the Bruins. How they fare is the barometer for how good or bad this team really is. So far, not so good. Tonight better be a different result even withour Horton in the lineup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

The bruins come out slow in Montreal, because they are all 1/2 asleep after one of those Montreal seemingly endless, saturday night pre-game cerimonies.
    Enough already!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

DC-B, great point about the Recchi angle. You're absolutely right. Why would a guy who has played as long as Recchi, knows he's on his last legs, one season pretty much to finish off his career pick the B's to play for this year if he didn't have complete confidence in Julien as a coach and a coach who could win the Cup....it's probably the best example of a vote of confidence from a player to a coach. Guys play late in their careers for pretty much 1 or 2 reasons, one is they want to extend or break a stat record, and 2 is always to win a Cup on the way into retirement.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

DC

Lucic
    MVP is pretty much star status.  His crash and Bang is what endeared him to B's fans reminiscent of old, but that aspect is certainly flourishing under CJ.

Krej is going to be the player he is, def would thrive more on an O system.

Bergeron's career was almost over but he developed into a very valuable player under CJ. It is called recovering, exactly the process Sav is going through, it is not a deliverance by Cj that star players become star players.

Who was the 37 goal scorer put on the third line?
    Sorry DC my bad must have been a typo Bergy had 31 in 1 season pre CJ and only 38 with him.

Savard was made to fight his own battles -- that seems like a good thing...???
    Obviously not and yet he continues to be the first to step in.
    Did his point totals significantly drop until the concussion?
    96 to 78, first year with CJ, yes his plus minus improved in his 2nd year with Cj, but so did everyones when they finally had a decent team that was scoring despite Cj. Chara had 9PP 1st year and 11 PP goals in 2nd year, where has the PP gone.

Not sure how you can conclude that a 3rd round pick with 4 NHL games is a talent (Boychuk). We can say that now and the only coach he's played for at the NHL level: CJ.
    Boych won top D of AHL and PC signed him to a big 1 way contract and so Cj's hand was forced, he had to stay with the team as the #7 and he stepped in with injuries and has worked his way thru, he is not a Cj discovery.

Ditto for McQuaid, Marchand, Stuart.
    Exactly Ditto, not Cj discoveries. The only Cj calling is Ryder.

Wheel has been disappointing and Kamper is too young to tell.

Again PC forced Cj's hand, he was signed away from Pho and given big salary, Cj had to keep his talent, but he benched him anyway, he has totally taken away his creativity, since he made his spinorama and scored his 1st hat trick, have you even seen that this kid has talent, no Cj has even taken that away.

Hunwick and Wideman were never tremendously talented players -- average to above average, respectively, with significant flaws.
    Very true, but they could move the puck despite their flaws, changing Wides game to top mins in a D role was not his game. Kampfer is next.  Imagine had we taken Kaberle (thank goodness we didn't)  Cj would not have made him a Dman (noone could) but he would have taken away his points trying to make him the D he isn't.

As for Recchi -- if you really were a multi-millionaire future of hall of famer, tired, with a body that's been beaten to tar for the last twenty years, would you REALLY come back for another year for another million after taxes if you didn't want, and believe you had, a legitimate shot of winning? Doubt it.

They all want to come back if they are Canadian, it is too hard to walk away, it is all they have breathed all their lives, their ego is stroked when a GM says we will give you mins, mins on PP so you can pad your career stats and we have a legit contender.  Rec is a professional, but he is human, no way he walks, his role is not reduced though it is showing that it is tme for him to play in a reduced role.

Picking a coach is like picking from a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get(most of them are nuts anyway), the same can be said for the draft.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

No4BobbyOrr--

I disagree with what you say but it's a 50-50 proposition on most of the issues addressed above. Would I call all-in with Ace-King when I know the other guy has Queens? No. But I won't fault the guy who does.

Agree to disagree on a lot of what you say, but not that CJ has not been GREAT for Lucic and that Recchi must have confidence in CJ. For me, the rest is basically a toss up and you know which side I am on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Also, I will take 78 under CJ over 90 with Dave Lewis any day of the week. Also, the very next season, under CJ, Savard put up 88.

Last thing, Bergeron suffered a potentially career ending injury. You cannot compare 31 goal scoring Bergeron, pre-lockout, to almost dead Bergeron because the guy was out for so long and we don't know how much that hurt him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No Horton = no win

(I don't really believe this, just a conversation starter.)

Sections
Shortcuts