B's have recalled Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

B's have recalled Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis

"B's have recalled Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis; he'll join the team Tuesday & travel to MTL.^BB"

"Today's recall marks the 1st NHL regular-season recall of Spooner's career...21-yr-old is tied for lead in pts with 30 (9-21)^CS"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

Re: B's have recalled Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis

ho-ho....that means Marchand won't play against the Habs ??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Looking forward to seeing him play. Hope he gets a chance with Bergeron rather then on the 4th line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Me thinks that Chiarelli is being cautious, as in it looks like Spooner will dress and then Julien will determine if Marchand can go or not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

The Habs are on fire, while the Bruins'offense is struggling....I'm not feeling it.

I'd put Peverley with Bergy and Séguin, but, that would leave us with a bizarre (weak) third line...Bourque-Kelly-Spooner ?????

And, Prust and White may take advantage of Thornton being injured....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

The Habs are on fire, while the Bruins'offense is struggling....I'm not feeling it.

I'd put Peverley with Bergy and Séguin, but, that would leave us with a bizarre (weak) third line...Bourque-Kelly-Spooner ?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoivQn74t78

Not worried about Thornton being out at all and Prust couldn't beat Peverley up.

"With forwards Shawn Thornton, Brad Marchand, Daniel Paille and David Krejci all still at less than 100 percent after the Bruins’ most recent stretch of games,"

If Krejci can't go then I get worried...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Which begs the question what does Montreal do with the Krejci line let alone Chara on defense?  Spooner on the second line will happen only to keep the third and forth lines intact.  CJ may keep Campbell on the second line as he may want to ween Spooner into the lineup.  The consequence is messing up the forth line and TOI for all lines.  Interesting.  The Montreal crowd will be into the game as result of the Canadien start and the positon of the Bs in the standings.  I hope the refs are not intimidated by the "fishbowl" affect.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Which begs the question what does Montreal do with the Krejci line let alone Chara on defense?  Spooner on the second line will happen only to keep the third and forth lines intact.  CJ may keep Campbell on the second line as he may want to ween Spooner into the lineup.  The consequence is messing up the forth line and TOI for all lines.  Interesting.  The Montreal crowd will be into the game as result of the Canadien start and the positon of the Bs in the standings.  I hope the refs are not intimidated by the "fishbowl" affect.

I will be at the game and believe me the crowd makes a lot of calls in Montreal, refs are often intimidated..hate the fact that March wont be playing..well I will get a close look at Spooner...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think the Habs will give us a fight for tops in the division more than Ottawa.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I can't wait to see spooner play.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

If inserted into the lineup I'd like to see him play with Bergeron and Seguin to see what he can do. Offence is his game. 

On a side note, if he plays I believe he will be the first of Badhab's Fantastic Four ( also Knight, Toffoli and MacFarland ) to have made it to the NHL.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Remi72's comment:

Why I don't like this.

1) The less experienced players ( Bourque and Spooner ) will be together. Split them up.

2) That would have 3 right handed players on one line and three left handed on the other. 
    It would put either of those two on their off wing on the 3rd line. Spooner in junior played the RW on occasion. His play along the wall was weak. It was not pretty imo. Maybe he has played RW in Providence and has improved ( I don't know ) but if he hasn't..................

Bourque as a RW ? No idea.

3) Horton, Seguin and Peverly. I like having those 3 where they are. On the right side.

I'd like to see them ( Bourque and Spooner ) split up, playing with experience and at a position they're comfortable with that gives them a better chance to succeed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to islamorada's comment:

I will be at the game and believe me the crowd makes a lot of calls in Montreal, refs are often intimidated..hate the fact that March wont be playing..well I will get a close look at Spooner...

You should invite BradMarchand and Bostonbruins12 to the game.  You would only have to pay for a third of the seat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I also like the kid although his skating was never his forte and might have been his only obstacle to make it to the NHL. With that being said I haven't seen him since the juniors and might have improved in that department in the AHL. 

Looking forward to seeing him play.  Wonder also where they will place him ? he's a natural center but I'de like to see wim with Bergeron,  that line will have 3 centers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Me thinks that Chiarelli is being cautious, as in it looks like Spooner will dress and then Julien will determine if Marchand can go or not.

I hope Spooner gets a chance to play even if Marchand is able to go,could play on forth line with Tardiff

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I also like the kid although his skating was never his forte and might have been his only obstacle to make it to the NHL. With that being said I haven't seen him since the juniors and might have improved in that department in the AHL. 

Looking forward to seeing him play.  Wonder also where they will place him ? he's a natural center but I'de like to see wim with Bergeron,  that line will have 3 centers.

Totally disagree on this one BsLegion. Don't know where you get this idea from.

I always thought that was the reason he would make it. His skating was a strength in juniors. I thought he worked his edges in similar fashion to Jeff Skinner.

P.S. Natural center is overblown. He played LW a lot too the last year of his junior career and played it well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Spooner is a skill guy/scorer. Why would he be on 4th line grinder duty? That doesn't in any way help him developmentally speaking.

I'd rather see him on the second line then Campbell... But that's just me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I hope Spooner gets a chance to play even if Marchand is able to go,could play on forth line with Tardiff

http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/02/paille_thornton.html

Looking more like Marchand is ok and will play Wednesday. I'm fine with either player playing. Glad doctors are being cautious with Thornton and Paille.                                            

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

spooner- bergy- segz

lucic- krejci- horton

bourque- Kelly- pev

mcdermid- campbell- tardif

The bruins are looking rough with injuries, I just feel like this the best mesh we can throw together right now and stay consistent. Hopefully spooner shows us something fast and helps out on the score sheet. The key for the bruins with this lineup is the dmen to be lights out we can't afford to have ference and boychuk getting blown off the puck bcs they are sloppy and expect to win against a hot team like the Canadians. Our depth is no longer a plus cj should think about slashing the fourth line minutes. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

http://nhlbruins.tumblr.com/

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/02/paille_thornton.html

Looking more like Marchand is ok and will play Wednesday. I'm fine with either player playing. Glad doctors are being cautious with Thornton and Paille.                                            

Hope Marchand plays otherwise we are looking rough he has been the best foward for the bs this season

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Bourque seems like more of a grinder than Spooner, so maybe drop Bourque down eith Tardif and Campbell and have Spooner with Pev and Kelly?

The thing that sucks is that we all want to see Spooner play, but they will probably just scratch him if Marchand is good to go...

I'm hoping it looks like this tomorrow:

Marchand-Bergy-Seguin

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Spooner-Kelly-Peverley

Bourque/MacDermid-Campbell-Tardif

Maybe even see what Spooner can do on the power play, as insane as it sounds (sarcasm)...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

Maybe even see what Spooner can do on the power play, as insane as it sounds (sarcasm)...

Not funny nor insane at this point Manny, not at all...(no sarcasm)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

If inserted into the lineup I'd like to see him play with Bergeron and Seguin to see what he can do. Offence is his game. 

On a side note, if he plays I believe he will be the first of Badhab's Fantastic Four ( also Knight, Toffoli and MacFarland ) to have made it to the NHL.

I can easily see Spooner as being one of those guys who adjusts and does better in the NHL than he did the AHL.

Note:  I am not a professional hockey scout, I only act like one on this forum.