B's have recalled Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: B's have recalled Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis

In response to Drewski5's comment:

It likely has more to do with Julien being more comfortable with Campbell's defensive work and maybe rewarding him with more ice time. I think you might see CJ move Spooner up with the Bergy line if he doesn't seem too overwhelmed. I personally would love to see it also.

Another positive: maybe Campbell's physicality can create some space for Seguin.[/QUOTE]

That is what I see Julien going for but if he sees defensive mistakes from Tadif, Bourque and Spooner they will be riding the pine most of night.

"if we see Sponner on the 2nd line it might be because Bruins are losing ; )"

Jeez @Legion got anything else Debbie Downer ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to red75's comment:

Beyond talent, the other thing you can't teach is intelligence. There have been players who have relied on their brains more than talent to establish a career for themselves, such as using their smarts to understand the proper positioning and how to predict a play. A player like Mark Stuart for example, has made a good career for himself through hard work, but also using his mind. He's not the most talented player by any stretch, his hands aren't great, and his speed lacks, but he's established a career for himself by understanding the strategy of the sport and translating that into strong positional play. If you're dedicated enough, and know what skill sets you DO possess, and how to best use them, then there's more than one way to get to, and stay in, the show.

Spoke to my scout pal about exactly that the other day Red. We agreed that the smarter players don't waste energy out there because of the point you made. Uncanny ability to read plays and take better routes. 

Here we go mr pro scout on a boston.com forum your such a joke buddy get a life. If what you mean by friend that is a scout, is a guy sitting next to you at a bar talking gibberish then keep the points to yourself, clown. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Beyond talent, the other thing you can't teach is intelligence. There have been players who have relied on their brains more than talent to establish a career for themselves, such as using their smarts to understand the proper positioning and how to predict a play. A player like Mark Stuart for example, has made a good career for himself through hard work, but also using his mind. He's not the most talented player by any stretch, his hands aren't great, and his speed lacks, but he's established a career for himself by understanding the strategy of the sport and translating that into strong positional play. If you're dedicated enough, and know what skill sets you DO possess, and how to best use them, then there's more than one way to get to, and stay in, the show.

Spoke to my scout pal about exactly that the other day Red. We agreed that the smarter players don't waste energy out there because of the point you made. Uncanny ability to read plays and take better routes. 

Here we go mr pro scout on a boston.com forum your such a joke buddy get a life. If what you mean by friend that is a scout, is a guy sitting next to you at a bar talking gibberish then keep the points to yourself, clown. 

Were you saying something Teardrop? It sounds like something but it seems muffled by your sobbing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Sorry cant talk dez off too watch the montreal game with cam neeley. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sorry cant talk dez off too watch the montreal game with cam neeley. 

He wishes you could spell his name after 27 years with the organization.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Were you saying something Teardrop? It sounds like something but it seems muffled by your sobbing.

Teardrop should not be capitalized dez. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Teardrop should not be capitalized dez. 

It certainly should when used as a name. Get it now Teardrop? You easily could've googled that information before you typed something dumb but I get it. You just thought I was serious about your chance to go to the Olympics. Forget it. Being dumb will never become an official event.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Congrats pal the ignore button is back and you and Stanley just got ignored have fun talking to yourself. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Someone is ignoring me? Say it isn't so. And dumb folks are just so fun to talk to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Here I was thinking the new posts on this thread would have something to do with how Spooner played last night.  5 1/2 minutes over 8 shifts won't tell you much - except that he did see 1:32 of PP time!  O-fer at the dot (needs work) and a big zilch across the deck - no points, no hits, no blocked shots, no giveaways (good!), no takeaways.  1 shot, though, so we know he wasn't just an empty jersey.

I kid, I kid the kid.  He got his feet wet, he didn't make any mistakes that led to goals, and the Bruins won the game.  That's a "pass" though not summacum laude.  I didn't see a lot of his ice - looking over this table that these bartenders kept using to block the tv.  It was really strange.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Here I was thinking the new posts on this thread would have something to do with how Spooner played last night.  5 1/2 minutes over 8 shifts won't tell you much - except that he did see 1:32 of PP time!  O-fer at the dot (needs work) and a big zilch across the deck - no points, no hits, no blocked shots, no giveaways (good!), no takeaways.  1 shot, though, so we know he wasn't just an empty jersey.

I kid, I kid the kid.  He got his feet wet, he didn't make any mistakes that led to goals, and the Bruins won the game.  That's a "pass" though not summacum laude.  I didn't see a lot of his ice - looking over this table that these bartenders kept using to block the tv.  It was really strange.

First taste of Nhl ice time is at the point on the Bruins PP. Says lots about the state of the PP doesn't it? I thought he looked fine, not at all out of place anyway. I hope he stays up ahead of Bourque but that's unlikely since Spooner is easier to send down.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In the 5 1/2 minutes that I witnessed only thing mattered and matters Julien, how Ryan performed devensivly. I am ok with his backchecking and staying with hi man or smurf in last nights case. Expecting offense after joking with Khudobin most of the night on the end of the bench. The games that i've seen Spponer his overall hockey IQ is through the roof.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In the 5 1/2 minutes that I witnessed only thing mattered and matters Julien, how Ryan performed devensivly. I am ok with his backchecking and staying with hi man or smurf in last nights case. Expecting offense after joking with Khudobin most of the night on the end of the bench. The games that i've seen Spponer his overall hockey IQ is through the roof.

Spponer's IQ isn't as high as that Russian President Marcov.