B's have recalled Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: B's have recalled Ryan Spooner from Providence on an emergency basis

In response to lambda13's comment:

Spooner is a skill guy/scorer. Why would he be on 4th line grinder duty? That doesn't in any way help him developmentally speaking.

I'd rather see him on the second line then Campbell... But that's just me.

They may roll him on the fourth w/ Bourque and Tardif at wing because that was the providence line.  What better way to gauge him than to see him with two guys who he has experience playing with.

Just speculating.

I personally think that he will not dress and we will all be dissapointed.

Im expecting Marchand to play.  First two lines will be healthy.

third line will be Kelly - Pevs - Bourque

Fourth line will be Tardif - Campbell - MacDermind

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Remi72's comment:

The Habs are on fire, while the Bruins'offense is struggling....I'm not feeling it.

I'd put Peverley with Bergy and Séguin, but, that would leave us with a bizarre (weak) third line...Bourque-Kelly-Spooner ?????

And, Prust and White may take advantage of Thornton being injured....

Why I don't like this.

1) The less experienced players ( Bourque and Spooner ) will be together. Split them up.

2) That would have 3 right handed players on one line and three left handed on the other. 
    It would put either of those two on their off wing on the 3rd line. Spooner in junior played the RW on occasion. His play along the wall was weak. It was not pretty imo. Maybe he has played RW in Providence and has improved ( I don't know ) but if he hasn't..................

Bourque as a RW ? No idea.

3) Horton, Seguin and Peverly. I like having those 3 where they are. On the right side.

I'd like to see them ( Bourque and Spooner ) split up, playing with experience and at a position they're comfortable with that gives them a better chance to succeed.

Do you put any stock into the fact that they played very well together in Prov?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

If inserted into the lineup I'd like to see him play with Bergeron and Seguin to see what he can do. Offence is his game. 

On a side note, if he plays I believe he will be the first of Badhab's Fantastic Four ( also Knight, Toffoli and MacFarland ) to have made it to the NHL.

I can easily see Spooner as being one of those guys who adjusts and does better in the NHL than he did the AHL.

Note:  I am not a professional hockey scout, I only act like one on this forum.

Lol badhab at least you admit it. As do I, huge hockey fan love the game follow jrs, ahl, and international leagues. But I only play hockey scout on the forum, unlike a couple of ppl on this board who think they actually no more then the rest of us. Opinions are opinions I like spooners game as well just think he is a small kid and will have to adjust his game to protect himself. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to mannyortez3424's comment:

Maybe even see what Spooner can do on the power play, as insane as it sounds (sarcasm)...

Not funny nor insane at this point Manny, not at all...(no sarcasm)

Agreed, SanDog.  Skating / playmaking is the kid's best weapon.  Why not give him a chance to do what he does best.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If inserted into the lineup I'd like to see him play with Bergeron and Seguin to see what he can do. Offence is his game. 

On a side note, if he plays I believe he will be the first of Badhab's Fantastic Four ( also Knight, Toffoli and MacFarland ) to have made it to the NHL.

I can easily see Spooner as being one of those guys who adjusts and does better in the NHL than he did the AHL.

He's been good in the AHL.  After a bit of an adjustment period in the beginning of the season, he's been on a tear, and is up to nearly a point a game.  Why do people act like he's flopped in the AHL.  He leads the team in +/- with 12.

His offense is ready.  The only question is his he strong enough on the puck and has he learned to be a bit more defensively responsible.

Okay, two questions.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

He's been good in the AHL.  After a bit of an adjustment period in the beginning of the season, he's been on a tear, and is up to nearly a point a game.  Why do people act like he's flopped in the AHL.  He leads the team in +/- with 12.

His offense is ready.  The only question is his he strong enough on the puck and has he learned to be a bit more defensively responsible.

Okay, two questions.

No, he hasn't flopped in the AHL, true.  What I said still holds, that he [Edit will] might do better in the NHL than in the AHL.  Look at Marchand, in his full or near full seasons in the AHL and NHL you will see he's scored more goals in those NHL seasons than he did in the AHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Has Bourque had as much impact with the B's at the NHL level as he did with the Baby B's in the AHL ?

If your answer is no, then that's my answer too. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Has Bourque had as much impact with the B's at the NHL level as he did with the Baby B's in the AHL ?

Yes.  My answer is no.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

And the other side of the coin is that some guys do really well in the AHL, but their game doesn't translate to the NHL.  Bourque is one of those guys

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

No, he hasn't flopped in the AHL, true.  What I said still holds, that he [Edit will] might do better in the NHL than in the AHL.  Look at Marchand, in his full or near full seasons in the AHL and NHL you will see he's scored more goals in those NHL seasons than he did in the AHL.

Maybe a future Lady Byng winner, eh BH ? Your favourite trophy !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Yes.  My answer is no.

Thanks. If I was asking you, I would now know what your answer would be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not sure about that, but Lady Byng was smokin hot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Gorgeous !

{{{alt}}}

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Gorgeous !

{{{alt}}}

Big up top, skinny in the middle and big down low.

Perfect.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Okay, two questions.

And this is why I say that when posters spew "If player A scores 11 goals in the AHL he will only score 20 in the NHL, If that same player scores 20 in the AHL he will only score 30 in the NHL" is a bunch of Malarky.

Put NHL talent around a good hard working prospect (Not you Hamill!) and that prospect will excel. You can't teach hands and speed but you can teach defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"You can't teach hands and speed (and compete level) but you can teach defense"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Fair enough.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Sorry San but why in the world would anyone think you can't teach "hands and speed"?

http://www.turcottehockey.com/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Okay, two questions.

He's almost a point per game player in the AHL and leads the team in +/- by a large margin. I like your posts, but I honestly think that saying that he "hasnt flopped" is an understatement to some degree.  I would say that hes been good in the AHL especially considering that its his first year there.  

That being the case, to imply that he would be better in the NHL than he is in teh AHL, would imply that he either a) becomes a pt per game player or b) becomes better defensively.  Either way, thats an NHL all-star (which I think he will be one day).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

However, I must disclose, that I didnt think that Marchand would be as good as he is.

So I dont have a great record assessing prospects.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Sorry San but why in the world would anyone think you can't teach "hands and speed"?

You cant teach talent and Spooner has it in spades.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

You cant teach talent and Spooner has it in spades.

Chicken or the egg? Do you think Spooner didn't attend hockey schools growing up? You don't think Crosby is just naturally better than most players do you? Anyone that knew Crosby from his days in Rimouski would tell you he practiced harder than anyone on the team. I know for a fact that Bobby Ryan attended a stickandling school every year throughout his youth. That's the main reason his hands are as good as anyone in the business. Natural ability is the best starting base to have but it's basically worthless without hard work and practice. See Alexandre Daigle for proof of that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Couldnt agree more Dez, another example is Steven Stamkos going to a shooting instructor year round and the instructor making him do some of the drill outside in his full gear.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Couldnt agree more Dez, another example is Steven Stamkos going to a shooting instructor year round and the instructor making him do some of the drill outside in his full gear.

The best players are usually the hardest working players on their teams. Natural talent is only half of the battle. Not the same sport but Peyton Manning was known to be a practice freak in college. That's a big reason why he was such a good pro.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

The best players are usually the hardest working players on their teams. Natural talent is only half of the battle. Not the same sport but Peyton Manning was known to be a practice freak in college. That's a big reason why he was such a good pro.

I agree that natural talent is only half the battle, but dont dismiss the fact that its half the battle.

Sections
Shortcuts