B's in line to sign another college star?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

B's in line to sign another college star?

Bob McKenzie and others have the B's as one of three finalists to sign J.T. Brown from UND.

I like these moves. If they don't pan out, only costs you some $.  If they do pan out gives you valuable depth in the organization and/or to trade with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: B's in line to sign another college star?

I've read flyers and Lightning are the other 2 finalists.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to B's in line to sign another college star?:
    Bob McKenzie and others have the B's as one of three finalists to sign J.T. Brown from UND. I like these moves. If they don't pan out, only costs you some $.  If they do pan out gives you valuable depth in the organization and/or to trade with.
    Posted by BattlingB

Brown's not a Sioux, he's a Bulldog.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

How about Jeremy Welsh from Union (after next week)?  I'm sure the bidding is high, but this isn't your typical NCAA undrafted 'late-bloomer' who's 5'8 and 160 lbs.  Welsh is 6'1, 210 lbs and he hits everything that moves.  I watched him play live twice this year when Union came out to Denver and he stuck out in my mind as the best player on either team (and I had never heard of him before).

I think that is one college FA signing that will be a steal for whomever gets him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: B's in line to sign another college star?:
    In Response to B's in line to sign another college star? : Brown's not a Sioux, he's a Bulldog.
    Posted by red75

He meant 'UMD'.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: B's in line to sign another college star? : He meant 'UMD'.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Oy, nevermind - an obviously easy typo (I need more coffee)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: B's in line to sign another college star? : Oy, nevermind - an obviously easy typo (I need more coffee)
    Posted by red75

Think about moving to the eastern part of north america, you would already have had lunch by now and you'll get to see games after dinner rather than right before dinner.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Torey Krug ‏ @TKrug44

"@JTBrown23 come win buddy!!!"

Torey has been putting in a helping hand in the recruiting department.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Torey Krug ‏ @TKrug44 "@JTBrown23 come win buddy!!!" Torey has been putting in a helping hand in the recruiting department.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

OK, that's just cool.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: B's in line to sign another college star? : OK, that's just cool.
    Posted by red75

It's cool - and it will be sweet if it works out.

I see the worst case scenario is that Providence will be a heckuva lot more fun place to watch a hockey game next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Anybody have a scouting report on TJ Brown?

I must admit, I don't know anything about him...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

How about Jeremy Welsh from Union (after next week)?  I'm sure the bidding is high, but this isn't your typical NCAA undrafted 'late-bloomer' who's 5'8 and 160 lbs.  Welsh is 6'1, 210 lbs and he hits everything that moves.  I watched him play live twice this year when Union came out to Denver and he stuck out in my mind as the best player on either team (and I had never heard of him before). I think that is one college FA signing that will be a steal for whomever gets him.
    Posted by Fletcher1

right on fletch. i know all about welsh, i've seen him play numerous times. he's a big bad bruin! as a matter of fact, pc and company were at the union/umass-lowell game, specifically to check him out! the game announcers mentioned how he was on the bruins radar, and they were there to see him. who knows? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Haven't looked it up, but...

Minn-Duluth sophmore, undrafted (obviously).  Was about a point-per-game as a freshmen, but blew it up this year and scored almost 50 points (48?) in less than 40 games.  Played on a line with Jack Connelly, which helps.

Not tall (5'10) but seems solid, maybe 190ish. Plays a pretty rugged style and has a lot of PIMs, for college.  Plays either wing, but I can't remember if he shoots R or L.

He's black, Dad played in NFL for Vikings, he played a few years in the USHL after high school, so he's probably 22-ish already.  I'm sure everyone will compare him to Evander Kane because of pigmentation, but he reminds me of maybe a Chris Kunitz type.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: B's in line to sign another college star? :  right on fletch. i know all about welsh, i've seen him play numerous times. he's a big bad bruin! as a matter of fact, pc and company were at the union/umass-lowell game, specifically to check him out! the game announcers mentioned how he was on the bruins radar, and they were there to see him. who knows? 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Nice - didn't know the B's scouts were at the Lowell game.  Like I said, I had never heard of him when he played in Denver this year and I remember saying to my friend "who's #27? He looks like an NHL player out there".

Seems to have a healthy mean streak too.  Bruin material.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Haven't looked it up, but... Minn-Duluth sophmore, undrafted (obviously).  Was about a point-per-game as a freshmen, but blew it up this year and scored almost 50 points (48?) in less than 40 games.  Played on a line with Jack Connelly, which helps. Not tall (5'10) but seems solid, maybe 190ish. Plays a pretty rugged style and has a lot of PIMs, for college.  Plays either wing, but I can't remember if he shoots R or L. He's black, Dad played in NFL for Vikings, he played a few years in the USHL after high school, so he's probably 22-ish already.  I'm sure everyone will compare him to Evander Kane because of pigmentation, but he reminds me of maybe a Chris Kunitz type.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Is he Ted Brown's kid?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

jeremy welsh, 23 year old ontario native- UNION college ECAC. junior, listed as 6 foot 3- 200 pounds. lead his team in penalties(18) and pim(47). 39 games played- 27 goals/ 16 assists. this guy screams BRUINS!!!!! the penalty thing doesn't look good, but from watching him play, he's just WAYYYY stronger than the guys he's playing with. they crumble when he hits, and he can score taboot! he fits the bruin mold of "i'll stand up for my guys" to a T. get him 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Sign 'em all up! They need farm hands desperately. There is little in Providence and not much relief coming soon from their recent drafts. Knight and Spooner and Hamilton of course, but little else. Most of the guys in Providence are on their way out as players that haven't panned out (Hamill, et al) or journeymen (Whitfield, et al) that maxed out a while ago.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: B's in line to sign another college star? : Is he Ted Brown's kid?
    Posted by red75

Yes, he is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

jeremy welsh, 23 year old ontario native- UNION college ECAC. junior, listed as 6 foot 3- 200 pounds. lead his team in penalties(18) and pim(47). 39 games played- 27 goals/ 16 assists. this guy screams BRUINS!!!!! the penalty thing doesn't look good, but from watching him play, he's just WAYYYY stronger than the guys he's playing with. they crumble when he hits, and he can score taboot! he fits the bruin mold of "i'll stand up for my guys" to a T. get him 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Did you see his hit on Wilson from Lowell in the NCAA's?  Not dirty, not illegal, but he practically killed the kid so they gave him 2 minutes.  He didn't complain either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: B's in line to sign another college star? : Did you see his hit on Wilson from Lowell in the NCAA's?  Not dirty, not illegal, but he practically killed the kid so they gave him 2 minutes.  He didn't complain either.
    Posted by Fletcher1

very bruinesque i'd say! sign this kid -guy, he is 3 years older than seguin! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: B's in line to sign another college star? : Yes, he is.
    Posted by Fletcher1

That's cool, if we sign him I'll have to tell my Dad, he was a big Ted Brown fan - don't recall his play myself, just my Dad yelling at the TV that they should give him the ball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

but he reminds me of maybe a Chris Kunitz type. Posted by Fletcher1

I'd throw in a Nathan Gerbe type comparison as well, just as feisty.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I feel bad for Abbott - the Leafs just signed him. Seriously, you're the most touted College UFA and you sign with the Leafs?

Why?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd like to see at least one of these undrafted college signings work out though. Depth for Providence is one thing but lets see one of these kids PC has signed since he got here contribute at the NHL level.

Sections
Shortcuts