B's make Carey look Priceless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1447. Show mattman1447's posts

B's make Carey look Priceless

Nice effort last nite black n' gold making Price look like a Vienza trophy keeper....missed oppunities, shooting at his strengths, predictable shot selection, very little screening in front of the net and absolutely no crashing of the net from any line...

...Pretty much a pantsy effort in shooting and hitting on the boards.

Patriots = 0-fer
    Celts = 0-fer
    Bruins = 0-fer
    Sox = 0-fer

Real nice guys!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: B's make Carey look Priceless

No kidding. The announcers make this guys performance seem other worldly . Gimme a break. Bernie Parent in 74' was other worldly. Shots at a guys crest all night long are hardly tough to stop. Saw an interview with Price after the game and it looked like he'd hardly worked up a sweat. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Price was outstanding last night. Square to the puck. Excellent positionally & controlling rebounds.

Downgrading his play reaks of homerism. The guy was excellent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: B's make Carey look Priceless:
    [QUOTE]Price was outstanding last night. Square to the puck. Excellent positionally & controlling rebounds. Downgrading his play reaks of homerism. The guy was excellent.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

Playing good positional goaltending does not mean he had to make several outstanding saves, it just means he played good positional goaltending.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

The bottom line was the Habs best players Gionta and Gomez showed up to play. The Bruins best players DID NOT. Stop over analyzing. Bruins will win series.

In Response to B's make Carey look Priceless:
    [QUOTE]Nice effort last nite black n' gold making Price look like a Vienza trophy keeper....missed oppunities, shooting at his strengths, predictable shot selection, very little screening in front of the net and absolutely no crashing of the net from any line... ...Pretty much a pantsy effort in shooting and hitting on the boards. Patriots = 0-fer Celts = 0-fer Bruins = 0-fer Sox = 0-fer  Real nice guys!!!
    Posted by mattman1447[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I hate this "they made him look great" comments. At some point it's ok to give the opposing goalie credit. They hit him in the chest because he played 'big" was seeing the puck well even through traffic and was positioned so well.Practically zero rebounds.  There were times last night particulary in the second period where the B's dominated them. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the oppossing goalie. I do feel however if the B's play every game like that, they will win the series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Anytime a young goalie with the extreme pressure he has on his shoulders pitches a SO in the hated enemy's barn its a huge night.  If TT posted a SO we would all be crying best goalie ever.

Price has been their MVP and it showed last night.  He was very calm.  Stopped everything thrown at him.  Its not like montreal is detroit and he only had 14 shots. 

The entire Hab team played well.  4th liners, all 6 dmen.  And their coach is a wizard.  What he has done with the amount of injuires they have is pretty impressive.  Markov and Gorges are their 1-2 dmen.  If they had them we likely wouldnt have finished 3rd. 

Tip the cap, go get em tomorrow.  If not we can put gas in their golf carts. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: B's make Carey look Priceless:
    [QUOTE]I hate this "they made him look great" comments. At some point it's ok to give the opposing goalie credit. They hit him in the chest because he played 'big" was seeing the puck well even through traffic and was positioned so well.Practically zero rebounds.  There were times last night particulary in the second period where the B's dominated them. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the oppossing goalie. I do feel however if the B's play every game like that, they will win the series.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Kev,

I have been called everything but a white man for saying price has been out standing.  I also was called every name in the book for saying Fleury is the best playoff goalie in the league back in January.  Laughed off here.  Funny how things come around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

sorry guys, but even i would've shut out the b's last nite....  the only thing missing was the b's letting Price know where they were aiming....

that said, he made the routine saves whereas Double T didn't....

not to blame TT, but a big save three minutes into the game instead of putting his team behind the eight ball might've made a difference....  not to mention bailing out Kaberle for making two boneheaded plays during the same sequence....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Shup. I've said it here too, If I had to win one game, I'd take Fleury.

Sections
Shortcuts